Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
arent the mr2s like 130-140 hp?

thats laughable.

uhh, one of the new turbo mr2's..yea.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #42
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
The reason i ask to see a dyno is because i want to see where the power is being made. Normal driving is in the 2k-6kRPM range, if all the power for this motor is at like 6-10kRPMs its not going to be a good engine to drive around with.

But hey, if you dont mind driving around revving all high and constantly downshifting, its all good.

well, i don't have to be shmobbing aorund all the time...i don't need a lot of power all the time...when i race, i can revv it up high tho.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:15 PM   #43
ForceInjection

If your looking for low end HP and torque...HANDSDOWN the Jackson Racing S/C kit is all you need.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:37 PM   #44
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by ForceInjection
If your looking for low end HP and torque...HANDSDOWN the Jackson Racing S/C kit is all you need.

I know itd be bad for a spoon engine to turbo it, cause their made for auto x...but can you supercharger it?
Old 05-09-2003, 10:52 PM   #45
AzCivic

I've heard alot of bad things about Jackson Racing superchargers, do a search on google.com and see for yourself.

Boost is boost, supercharger or turbo its all the same when it comes to the inside of the engine. You can run low boost(turbo or supercharger) and not worry about anything, its moderate-high boost that screws up N/A intended motors.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:31 AM   #46
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I disagree. The Spoon motors run a very high CR, and adding boost of any kind is a good way to get some detonation. Spoon motors are all motor, period. If you want to run boost, build an engine from scratch.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:52 PM   #47
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I disagree. The Spoon motors run a very high CR, and adding boost of any kind is a good way to get some detonation. Spoon motors are all motor, period. If you want to run boost, build an engine from scratch.

What kind of compression are they running? I really dont know much about them, nor do i care, I didnt think it was that though. But seeing as how its an all out N/A race motor it is probably pretty high.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:39 PM   #48
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

11+. Boosting them is waste of money. Why not build an 8.5:1 motor and boost the hell out of it for a cheaper price tag?
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote