Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 01:49 PM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

SuperCharger & Nitrous?

I was tossing around the idea of a supercharger. Then I got to thinking about adding nitrous. It seems very feasible, but I've not seen anyone do this.

My idea for the setup would be a SC & a direct port setup. Going direct port would keep the cold nitrous from passing through the potentially hot SC and casuing uneccessary expansion & contraction.

Any thoughts on this? This is just an idea. For a project car (race). Seems like its possible, just want to get some opinions on it.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:05 AM   #2
BlazinCrx

seems like a very possible combination as long as the engine and fuel are addressed to keep up...also remeber that it is hard to run less then a 75 shot on a direct port set up.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:07 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I wouldn't run less than 75. It would likely be 80-125. I'm not real familiar with SC's so I wasn't sure how the power curve would act. I know they add more low end power rather than high end.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I wouldn't run less than 75. It would likely be 80-125. I'm not real familiar with SC's so I wasn't sure how the power curve would act. I know they add more low end power rather than high end.

You would need a built engine for sure to think about handling just the juice not including the Supercharger...

CA... when you gonna do it, Im there man.. Just let me know Ill help..
Old 11-29-2001, 08:02 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

CA... when you gonna do it, Im there man.. Just let me know Ill help..

As soon as I get a good project car.... I'm thinking spring/summer. Of course my Si needs some attention too.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:05 PM   #6
Boosted3g

I ran a JRSC and a 75 shot for a season 2 years ago and it worked great. As you guys know th LS version of the JRSC sucks but when teamed up with the NOS it took off like crazy. I never ran the car but I know it was easy 12s.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:36 PM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
I ran a JRSC and a 75 shot for a season 2 years ago and it worked great. As you guys know th LS version of the JRSC sucks but when teamed up with the NOS it took off like crazy. I never ran the car but I know it was easy 12s.

Figures you'd be the one to do that Boosted....

Well I'd have to imagine that in a 5th gen hatch with a B16 swap would fly. At least that's my idea so far...