::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2001, 07:04 AM   #1
giroman2

new guy with questions about dropping/lowering

i would like to give my 95 accord ex the drop soon but before i do need some advice on a few things. first...are there better and worse springs?, or will just about any do the trick. second....after dropping is there anything else i should do to improve the handling or prevent damaging the current suspension ie..camber kit, new struts/shocks, strut bars, etc. or can i just drop it and expect a vast improvement in looks and handling? ive asked a couple of local guys at the shop but want some non-biased opinions. buy the way my current wheels are 17" enkei with 215/40 yokohama parada's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010126.jpg (71.7 KB, 80 views)
Old 10-28-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
Dezoris

Re: new guy with questions about dropping/lowering

Quote:
Originally posted by giroman2
i would like to give my 95 accord ex the drop soon but before i do need some advice on a few things. first...are there better and worse springs?, or will just about any do the trick. second....after dropping is there anything else i should do to improve the handling or prevent damaging the current suspension ie..camber kit, new struts/shocks, strut bars, etc. or can i just drop it and expect a vast improvement in looks and handling? ive asked a couple of local guys at the shop but want some non-biased opinions. buy the way my current wheels are 17" enkei with 215/40 yokohama parada's
Many people have good sucess with the following and I would recomend them

Eibach Sportline/Koni Reds shocks
Nuespeed soft sport/Bilstein sport or HD
With the 17s this would be a good choice, not to harsh .
If you have an EX you should have front and rear sway bars the stock are good enough IMO for what you are doing.
I would recommend getting a camber kit front and rear if you drop it reagardless. Ingalls or Progress suspension are good.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:50 PM   #3
BlazinCrx

there are different qualities of springs, shocks, and so forth...you can't go wrong with Eibach or Intrax springs, and suspension techniques has great sway bars...depending on the miles on your car it might be wise to change out you shocks when you drop it with koni or tokico shocks. A camber kit is also an good idea so that you can have your wheels properly aligned so you don't go through tires as fast.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:49 PM   #4
daved

Have you considered a set of coilovers? They give you the ability to raise and lower your car at will and I think they are better quality for you money. It's a ***** drivin around town all the time sittin an inch off the ground. My buddy has some Ground Control (they use Eibach springs) on his Accord and he loves em, he says he is glad I talked him into them. With out a doubt you gotta buy some camber kits unless you want to buy tires every couple of months. I recomend Ingall's.

Just my opinions, you dont gotta listen to me if you dont want to!
Old 10-30-2001, 09:33 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Whatever you dont get skunk2 coilovers.. They suck a$$... Ride quality is awful::
Old 11-09-2001, 09:06 PM   #6
DemonicAccord

Eibach good, I have a Prokit (and KYB GR2s) that dropped my Accord almost 2", NOT 1.3

Prokit and Sportline are good spriongs at a good price. Neuspeed greens and race , would be comparable in drop and quality, respectively.

As mentioned, Bilstein. At a premium, but still very good.

also as mentioned, camber kit, regardless of how you go, and progress and ingalls are both good, i have a progress, but here's a link top another great mfr. www.specprod.com
Old 11-12-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
slowEJ6

go with Ground Control coilovers and some kyb agx's, i know a couple of people with this setup and theyve had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS and they like the ride.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 12:28 PM   #8
urbanlegend21

i have a Truechoice setup on my 94 Accord and love it
300 lbs front/350 lbs rear Eibach springs on GC coilover sleeves and perches
Koni yellow damper adjustable shocks/struts
i would only go with a rear sway bar on your car, front sway bars promote understeer in our cars
after you drop the car take it and have it aligned with the toe set at 0
Old 11-25-2001, 12:08 PM   #9
DJZVTEC02

well i have dropzone coilovers, and i can hook you up with some for $165 bucks, they are nice and they ride good, and they lower very nicely....but since i am sponsored by the company...CBW (Distrubiting CO) i am getting the full coilover set up they are coming out with soon
Old 11-26-2001, 01:42 AM   #10
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Sponsored?????

Indeed if you want the luxury of changing the height then coilovers the they way to go. depending on $ is the next ? for CO. You can get a threaded sleeve and spring that work w/ your w/ shock/struts or get a full CO system which can get pricey.

a set of Eibachs and a set of adjustable shocks/struts from KYB/Konis will do you good and set the car nicely...

After doin so get a camber kit and a sway bar as that will help improve the handling..

hoe this helps a little......