::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
'00EX5-turbo

my next step?

so i've just ordered the si rear sway bar. any suggestions on what my next step is, please? so far, what i really want to get are the front lower tie bar and a rear strut bar. since i dont want to get strut bars that have pivot points, i want to get either neuspeed or mugen(but god knows they are all expensive). or maybe i can install a rollcage? with limited cash, i really dont know what i should do next.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:52 PM   #2
VieT916

Re: my next step?

Quote:
Originally posted by '00EX5-turbo
so i've just ordered the si rear sway bar. any suggestions on what my next step is, please? so far, what i really want to get are the front lower tie bar and a rear strut bar. since i dont want to get strut bars that have pivot points, i want to get either neuspeed or mugen(but god knows they are all expensive). or maybe i can install a rollcage? with limited cash, i really dont know what i should do next.

Go to a driving school where you can use your own car. Suspension shit is worthless if you can't use it all to their full potential.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #3
'00EX5-turbo

that's right, man. my friend has mentioned about it. he said he was gonna go to racing school(tuition fee $2000-$3000? i have no idea). but i dont have that kind of money and time. so all i can do is practice on mountain roads 3am in the morning. there are lots nice and curvy mountain roads here in half moon bay. during weekend nights there lots cars show up. usually nissan 240, impraza, civic, integra. my friend pat(drive 240) can go really really fast on these roads. i can barely keep up with them.

but yeah, i still want to reenforce the car body though, since those bars are all necessary.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
VieT916

Having no money sucks.

However, at some schools, you bring your own car, get instructions and track practice, and it only costs about $195. That's not too bad, eh? And you get a free lunch -- apple and a sandwich.

But to answer your question, the tie bars made a more noticeable difference than my strut tower bar. I'm running a Neuspeed front strut bar, Cusco front tie bar, and a Progress rear anti-sway bar that also acts as a rear tie bar. When I was only running the Neuspeed, I didn't feel shit. I added the Cusco front tie bar, and my chassis stiffened up considerably. When I bought the Progress RASB, well, you can imagine how much better the car felt. . . .

So I say go for tie bars. My Cusco one only cost me $100. A rear tie bar off eBay or something won't be much, either. They're all the same ... just a bar with some holes at the end.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If you have to save the money to get the good stuff then do it, its well worth it. I like Nuespeed bars.

But I want to agree. Class is the best bet. I want to take one so bad, but I dont have the time or money either right now. So maybe later.

Also, study up, and test settings. Learn what kinda adjusting you can do on your car to make it handle better. I.E. Tire air pressure, suspension damper settings, downforce, etc. All of these things can make a big difference in the way your car handles and are usually cheap to come buy.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
'00EX5-turbo

thank u, guys. i think i'll be getting the front low tie bar and the rear tower strut first.