Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2001, 08:00 AM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Switched springs now it rubs..!

Ok.. I put my Eibach prokit again, but this time on my Koni Yellows... Now when I take a sharp corner my tire rubs on the front fenders... The spring purch is as high as itll go in the front and in the middle setting in the rear.. Will a sway bar help me at all? I was thinking about getting the ST kit with the front and rear sway bars.. I think the front sway bar is the same size as stock, but solid instead of hollow, but Im not sure. Should I even try or will I be wasting my money? I dont even think if rolling my lip will help either.. I have to find out what part of the fender rubs tonight when I get home.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #2
Dezoris

It is all about offset of the rim, and some camber issues, it is in the front right?
What rims and offset you have again?
The ST will not help that.
The ST for the rear is a good idea, the front I don't think will help, much at all with grip.
Old 09-26-2001, 12:26 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezoris
It is all about offset of the rim, and some camber issues, it is in the front right?
What rims and offset you have again?
The ST will not help that.
The ST for the rear is a good idea, the front I don't think will help, much at all with grip.

I have 15x6.5 Rota C8's with 205-50-15 Kumhos I think they are a 38mm offset.. It wasnt a problem when I had my skunks on.. but now I think Im going to pay for it. Since the springs are softer, its going to make me suffer.

I guess Im just going to have to get a set of Real coilovers *L*.. Looks like no auto crossing untill then either.. (or I could buy another set of wheels.. They are way cheaper..)

Just out of curiousity... Can you put an SI front swaybar on an EX?
I thought about going with the ITR rear swaybar instead of ST..
Old 09-27-2001, 12:34 AM   #4
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

I have 15x6.5 Rota C8's with 205-50-15 Kumhos I think they are a 38mm offset.. It wasnt a problem when I had my skunks on.. but now I think Im going to pay for it. Since the springs are softer, its going to make me suffer.

I guess Im just going to have to get a set of Real coilovers *L*.. Looks like no auto crossing untill then either.. (or I could buy another set of wheels.. They are way cheaper..)

Just out of curiousity... Can you put an SI front swaybar on an EX?
I thought about going with the ITR rear swaybar instead of ST..
38mm offset will rub, i have 39 and it does, the Si front bar will fit, direct swap, the Integra sway bar is a good idea, I recommend it.
As for the coilovers? dont, get new rims 15x7 with a 43+ offset so you can run 205/215s that will make a big difference!
Old 09-27-2001, 06:58 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

38mm offset will rub, i have 39 and it does, the Si front bar will fit, direct swap, the Integra sway bar is a good idea, I recommend it.
As for the coilovers? dont, get new rims 15x7 with a 43+ offset so you can run 205/215s that will make a big difference!

Cool Ill have to think about that then.. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2001, 03:46 PM   #6
IntegraR0064

Quote:

Exactly.

Matched coilovers won't help your situation any over sleeves...the problem is how far your wheel is sticking out of the fender.

Another thing to consider is rolling your fender.....that should fix the problem, since you're only about 4 mm off from ideal offset.