Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Bottomed out??

Ok guys, I tried really hard for this not to be a blonde question but I can't get any answers anywhere else. Both front tires are wearing from the inside out as if it were "butterflying" like an independant rear does. I have stock coils and stock shocks that ride like they're blown. The car was never lowered to my knowledge and the coils appear stock and complete. No damage to the lower control arms or a arms that I can tell but I can tell you this, it tracks like mad. I just had a $100 alignment not too long ago and a few months later I still have the same problem. Now, herein lies the blonde question, could the shocks be soo worn that they no longer work and have damaged the coils by riding soo rough? I am trying to get a suspension (coils, shocks and bushings) as soon as I can so I won't mind spending the money for that but I want to find out if this would fix the problem. I know that I've probably already answered my own question but also do you guys have any reccomendations for what brands to go with?? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

when was the last time you got the tires balanced ? maybe you have some play in the suspension components too, like bad hub bearings, or loose balljoints. they can aling the car with those parts worn but the car will go out of spec as soon you move the car.

how many miles on the car ? i know the shocks on an accord are good for around 100k miles, after that they become crap

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Ok. I had everything checked before I took it in for the alignment. The tires were just balanced and the front end was checked for wear/tear by a shop and told me that the front end is still tight but the passenger tie rod is slightly worn, enough to give a slight wobble at speeds but not enough to affect the alignment. Yeah I've got almost 140k on what I believe to be original shocks and coils. I was just checking with you guys to see what the fix might be before I dropped the money on new shocks/coils and not have that fix the problem. What would be some good shocks/springs? I not interested in coilovers, I'd never use them to their potential. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well if that tierod is loose change it. that's why you get thewobble and the car feels like crap. some good shocks will be the kyb agx's with eibach pro-kit springs or the eibach sport lines. also i would reccomend the koni/ground control setup. i just loved that setup more than my teins on the teg right now.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
FlooredAccord
2nd Gear

Could it be shot to hell bushings??

What are you gonna do? Sick your dogs on me? Or your bees? Or dogs with bees in their mouth so when they bark they shoot bees at me?
-Homer Simpson
FlooredAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

those might be too, but hell they get only hard as hell from what i have seen, not loose

Old 08-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #7
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Yeah, the whole front end squeeks so that was one of the things I want to do when I replace everything but since I want to do it all at once then that's gonna take time cause I need to save up the money for each thing. I'll post as I find out what's going on. Thanks again for your help guys!

EDIT: OH, and BTW, about the fan not turning on, I found out it's the INTERNAL sensor. Before I got the car the guy who had it, blew the radiator, kept driving and dumped all the coolant all over the road and overheated the engine. Nice to find this out now, huh?? Anyways, I have it rigged to the ACC fan now so when I get the time, I'll switch out the sensor and see how it goes. Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #8
4drmadness

if your car seems to hit real hard when you go over bumps etc then it probably is in the need of shocks..do you have any bounce at all? Like if you push down on the front end does it go down and come back up and stop when you get off??? Or just keep going up and doin a couple more times??? if stops the shocks are good. If it keeps bouncing the shocks are bad for sure, especially if stock.

also the tierod replacement would be a great thing to have done. good luck and let us know what you learn in replacing components.
also maybe a complete eurothane bushing set would be a good addition as well.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:59 AM   #9
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I've got NO bounce. The car rides like it's slammed but I've done nothing to the suspension and it looks slightly lower than stock height. I'm running 17's with 40's so I don't even have any tire flex to "compensate" for the road. I REALLY need to get this done ASAP. I'm going through my third set of tires because of the way this thing is soo fouckered up. Let you know how it goes. Thanks guys.