Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2001, 11:57 PM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

4 disck conversion

Hey there how hard is it and how much does it cost to do a 4 disk brake conversion to a 1993 civic coupe. I just about rear ended a sunfire today when racing a truck. Need better brakes!!!!!!!!!!!
and recommendations?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 01:15 AM   #2
BlazinCrx

right now you should have rotors already on the front...they can be improved by better rotors, brake pads, and SS brake lines. The rears are drums?? If they are the cheapest way to put discs on would be to buy the rear brake set up off of a higher model of your same car and adopt them over...this isn't very hard and will help stopping quite a bit.
Old 11-07-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Yup Blazin is right..

You got discs in the front.

For putting discs in the back.. I think the easiest way is to use integra rear discs. Cause our 5th Gen Si's have drums in the back.

Though I really dont think you need to do all that to get the stopping power you'Re looking for.. In most cases (for 5th G civics) a total upgrade of the front breaking system will do the job.

And when you almost hit the guy, are you sure you had traction? Cause if not, that would be another thing to think about!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 10:56 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by BlazinCrx
right now you should have rotors already on the front...they can be improved by better rotors, brake pads, and SS brake lines. The rears are drums?? If they are the cheapest way to put discs on would be to buy the rear brake set up off of a higher model of your same car and adopt them over...this isn't very hard and will help stopping quite a bit.

Look for delsols or integra (I believe) some models have rear discs youll have to get the control arms and all.. I have seen a couple sites that talk about how to do this..

Heres one, but its for a 4th Gen Civic

4th Gen Brake Swap

Sohfast has a kit for 375 for the 92-95 Civics just scoll down until you find "rear disc brake conversion for 92-95 Civic"

92-95 Civic Rear disc conversion
Old 11-07-2001, 11:30 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Thanks guy's......I'll check that out...yeah I'm going to be putting crossed drilled rotors on the front..but I hate the look of the drum on the back of my car.....just a preference thing......

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 11-08-2001, 07:31 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
Thanks guy's......I'll check that out...yeah I'm going to be putting crossed drilled rotors on the front..but I hate the look of the drum on the back of my car.....just a preference thing......

I wanna do discs one of these days.. AEM makes a big brake disk conversion for EXs but it costs like $900 and you can use anything smaller then a 16 inch wheel. So If I do it.. Itll be a long while from now.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:12 AM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I think everything AEM makes is expensive. but good.

Old 11-08-2001, 11:20 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
I think everything AEM makes is expensive. but good.

Its expensive Ill give them that... Im yet to actually figure out how good their stuff really is..
Old 11-08-2001, 12:48 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

One of my old friends thinks that AEM is ***. I'll give em the fact that they do make pretty killer performance parts.

Old 11-08-2001, 01:06 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
One of my old friends thinks that AEM is ***. I'll give em the fact that they do make pretty killer performance parts.

Their stuffs ok.. But Im thinking alot of the stuff is way more hyped then it acutally should be.::
Old 11-09-2001, 01:16 PM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I think that most automotive parts are hyped to big. Most of them werk the same and do the same stuff.

Old 11-13-2001, 07:32 AM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

The advantage with a kit from AEM is that you KNOW you've got all the necessary parts and its going to be good quality.

I'm one of those who will spend the extra $$ to get quality. You get what you pay for.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:10 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
The advantage with a kit from AEM is that you KNOW you've got all the necessary parts and its going to be good quality.

I'm one of those who will spend the extra $$ to get quality. You get what you pay for.

Thats very true... Id go with that kit if I did decide to do it just bacause you know everything will be there that you need...
Old 11-13-2001, 08:48 AM   #14
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:

I think their stuff is pretty good. Sure there is a lot of hype around it. But the quality is there. I dont think anyone can deny that.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 11:14 AM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I also am one of those guy's that won't go to wal mart and buy car parts. I need quality....it's not like paper or something.....it needs to bee good good good.

Old 11-20-2001, 04:31 AM   #16
MrCLoWnY

I seen the AEM REAR BRAKE CONVERSION on a CIVIc and that shit looked tite. Only bad thing is that it costs like 1000 dollars. So the most cost effective way to upgrade is to get a CIVIC SI or INtegra's rear brake. They should all fit with little or no mod. Also for the front the AEM Big BRake upgrade kIT is dope too. It just costs a gang. ANd the way they upgrade the kit is not the best way since they retain the stock calipers and adjusting it to fit the bigger rotors. So just get cross drilled or slotted ones in the front and some good pads.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:44 PM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Probably what i'll do
looks good. stopping better

Old 11-20-2001, 11:59 PM   #18
xbird

the integra will fit?? what year of integra??
i have never heard ppl using intergra rear brakes..
i have seen instructions with a delsol brakes.. are they the same with integra?? here is the website
http://home.mpinet.net/t-hero/DiscBrakes!!.htm