::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
sc0rch

Grr honda haters

I dont understand.......why do people bash imports so much?I know thanks to a bunch of IDIOTS who have done some realy stupid shit to there cars EVERYONE now gets a bad name cause they have a bodykit or something.....but
why i really dont understand is why when someone is bashing honda they compair it with a v6 or v8......especially when they say "i'll take a camaro over any 6 cylender any day"......why? why would you want a camaro over a twin turbo supra? Not only are camaros ugly but there not that damn fast.....i just dont get the mentality...or the logic behind "my 2.8ltr will smoke your honda" yeah maybe but YOU HAVE 2 MORE PISTONS THAN ME......on and the chevy wanna be compact cavalier.....is CRAP anyway......my friend has a 97 integra something and he has dusted my other friends 3.1(maybe) cavalier z24....and i have outran a stock 4 banger cavalier.....and didnt even know why he was trying to race me.......then they have there defence by saying "domestic cars arent the only cars that have problems and recalls" yeah but they have alot more problems.....like dash and interior falling appart......imports on average last longer and need less matinence during there life.......plus they tend to hold better value......

a cavalie or neon same year with same miles as my civic is gonna go for half the price........because they are less reliable and are pretty much crap..........go to www.autotrader.com and look some cars up and compair.......even mustangs "top of the line ford" go cheeper than say and Integra GSR or Prelude.....

then there is the comparison between a corvette and an NSX or supra.......WTF? v8 vs v6....hmmmmmmm.........again i dont understand...yeah the NSX might cost more......but it will last longer and i believe in a test between the 2 a few years ago in car and driver the NSX won in all catagories except 0-60 they say an NSX doesnt even get broken in till 110k miles......so whats the deal

also....when they compair dodge neons to hondas.........now a PROFESSIONAL car driver/reviewer and testerouter(lol) has even said that the NEW TURBO neon still isnt a japanese made car......so whats that say........

I dont bash american cars.......i just dont like very many....i like the Stratus SXT and Ram trucks,s-10,viper and avenger.....but to me most all american cars look the same......and they have all there companies like dodge and plymoth.....same company and they make the same car with a different name......most american companies do that too......but honda has a Civic and an integra.....totally different cars.......you know what i meen though.........

oh and another funny thing........when someone says dodge is better than Mitsubishi............they either have no idea what there talking about or are joking.....since mistubishi engines are in dodge cars.......I knwo the avenger had a mitsu engine cause my mom had one......the stealth,talon,lazer,stratus(i think) and i believe the dealer told me that the new turbo neon has one too..........soooooooooooooooooooooooooo again i say WTF?

anyway i was reading some anti import sites and most of those people are completely Retarded and should be drug out into the street and beat with a large saussage link
Old 05-09-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what can you do ? some of them are plain retarded. even on this board i saw "well my import has over a 100hp/liter" is not a valid argument but if "ford makes 300hp out of the 355 and chevy makes 250hm out of the 340" (not actual numbers) but i have seen it. also it's like us to clasiffy the camaro and mustang drivers have mullets and drink bud light all day long. i just let them be because i like my honda and i really don't give a damn about what others are thinking.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:33 AM   #3
Mirkwo0dForest

same here, they have no taste...
Old 05-09-2003, 08:29 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I think a lot of it has to do with ignorance.. The other.. Pride maybe.. I dunno.

I love the arguement.. I support america, I wont support that Japanese crap, Id rather pay americans.

How many Japanese automakers have plants in the states? :o
Old 05-09-2003, 08:36 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I think a lot of it has to do with ignorance.. The other.. Pride maybe.. I dunno.

I love the arguement.. I support america, I wont support that Japanese crap, Id rather pay americans.

How many Japanese automakers have plants in the states? :o

i know honda is one of the 3 big american car makers next to gm and ford. and how many american car makers have plants outside the borders ???

Old 05-09-2003, 08:48 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i know honda is one of the 3 big american car makers next to gm and ford. and how many american car makers have plants outside the borders ???

Exactly!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
CD5Passion

I know a guy at school who used to do nothing but crack on my honda saying how slow and crappy it was, first of all he has the most ghetto mustang 5.0 I've ever seen not to mention the HUGE hood...but a few weeks ago they were doing burn outs in a parking lot and he turned to me and said "lemme see what your ricer can do..spin em", so I decided hey why not
Well I was expecting a face like, "what the hell..is that it?", but I instead got a "...nice" sorta face...
Well he was impressed by the FWD burnout and I haven't heard sh!t from him since.
Later on I had pulled up next to him driving and we raced, suprise to both of us he didn't completely smoke me like he thought he would I stayed infront till 3rd gear then fell back to his rear quarter panel the rest of the way
So why do these domestic lovers rip on us?....has to be pride and ignorance
Old 05-09-2003, 11:20 AM   #8
blind34_1

They compare their cars to our cars without realizing their in a whole different class. We are 4 bangers they are v8s and crap. I dont car if your camaro is going to smoke my honda. Thats like a Drag car driver going over to a v8 camaro driver and saying I'll eat your car for breakfast.

I say domestic muscle makes impressive power, but their quality control is next to none. I'll take an import and modify it and have a quick, high quality, reliable ride.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:42 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

its because theyre all dipshits and have nothing better to do...trust me I live in an area that has more domestics than any of you (I can probably proove it too) so I hear it on a daily basis. You just have to flick em off and get on with life. If they want to be stupid, let em be stupid.

dont let it get ya down, dude.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:49 PM   #10
JamieS697

^ i feel ya knockin
Old 05-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

damn this "domestic detroit" "motor city" crap eh jamie
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 07:44 PM   #12
keystone

I like my Honda, it was built in the USA, so i support american workers.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:28 PM   #13
Spazum888
3rd Gear

well if you think about it... the chevys of the 70's are honds of today. agreed chevys had twice the engien as a honda, but hondas have alot more style then a chevy, they are alot more easier to work with.

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:11 AM   #14
sc0rch

and dont comsume half the gas...
Old 05-11-2003, 04:06 AM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

Actually, numerous car companies have plants all over the world. Ford has plants in Canada, Mexico, Europe, and is planning a new plant in China. As for bashing imports...it's not as old as Ford vs. Chevy, but it's basically the same. Face it...most Americans think bigger is better. Big engines with big power will always win over the minds of people versus small cars with small engines. You've also got to admit that there are a lot more tacky imports/compacts running around with gigantic wings (Geo Storms and mazda 626s with 10" pedestal spoliers) than there are domestics with horribly tacky body kits. As for the value of these cars used...here's how that works. First of all, Honda, Nissans, Toyotas, etc. are hardly more reliable than any given American counterpart. The problem is word of mouth. You pay close to (or over) $30K for your brand new Camaro SS (not now...but in the past few years) and it has a problem after you flog it for 10K miles you're gonna go and run you moronic mouth off to anyone who'll listen about how you paid so much for a car that had a problem (and you neglect to mention how you raped it like an alter boy) with your $30K car. But you buy a Civic for around or under $20K and have a problem with it you just say "hey...it's was $20K, what can you expect?" and keep your mouth shut. People in this country also expect better quality from "made in America" crap than other products. The issue itself is not actual reliability but percieved reliability. If Hondas didn't break down they'd go out of business since that's where the real money is. Henry Ford said that he'd give cars away for free if he could have a monopoly on repairs and replacement parts. Plus most non-exotic companies use the least expensive parts possible while still achieving a certain reliability level. This can be a problem with domestics since they usually make considerably more power than imports. With power comes engine stress which can result in issues if the proper parts are not employed. It all comes down to the fact that something is only worth as much as someone will pay for it. I had a friend who paid $9K for a bone stock '87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe with 3X,000 miles. NINE F*CKING GRAND. I paid $6K for my car with 36K miles and several mods. There are fewer of my car and it goes faster and I paid $3K less. If some dickless retard wants to pay twice as much for a GSR then let him. I love it when people buy on a name alone and go slower for more money. But like Blind34_1 said, putting most imports and domestics in the same class is ridiculous. They have 2 different purposes for the most part. Honestly, I like a lot of imports...a lot of them have a ton of potential...I just think there's more creativity in domestics than technology. That's the strong point of imports...technology. Even with all of the technology in the world it won't help if your car looks like it was made for driving your kids around. And let's not kid ourselves...if each of us had a million bucks that we didn't need to buy a car, we'd all be driving Ferraris or Lambos or whatever...not Hondas or Fords or whatever. You settle for what you can afford. So ***** all you want about domestic owners bashing imports, but you just wrote an entire post that basically did just that but in reverse. You bashed domestic owners and their cars. Damn I hate hypocrits...especially uninformed ones.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika

Last edited by GT40FIED : 05-11-2003 at 07:23 PM.
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #16
Wren57

^righton, brothaman!

be a car enthusiast, not a import or domestic enthusiast

I for one think its just as badass to see a camaro ss run 11s (although its not difficult for them) as it is to see a honda civic run 11s. I don't give any more credit to the civic for running the same speed, but treat both equally.

I cant wait for people to flame me for the last sentence above. Understand people, how can you have equality through inequality? Example: affirmitive action...
Old 05-11-2003, 10:09 AM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ford50for life i'm not gonna quote you for what you said because that will leave me with very few characters to write . i wasn't reffering to all domestics and domestic drivers like it seemed. I was talking about the select few that think all imports are crap. Plus an 11 second car does not turn me on one bit. i'm sure that is very fast but i prefer cars that handle good with a good suspension, and the car doesn't feel dead to the road (corvette, WS6 and list goes on) Also i don't want a car with a good suspension that feels fun to drive and handles good but does not have the engine to use the suspension to it's full potential ( my car). i guesss it all comes to a matter of prefference on which car to choose. i'd take a awd over a fwd or a rwd any day without thinking too much about it.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #18
HndaTch627

domestic drivers have no respect for imports until you hand their ass to them. even then they'll say you were spraying or cheating. the car i built ran 12.1 @ 115, there were only 2 domestics NEAR those times at the track that day. boht of them could not accept the fact that a turbo charged 4 cylinder AWD car was faster then them, both said he was spraying to other people even though the end of the nitrous like was closed of with a cap. funny eh?? people are so close minded, i love all cars, not just foreign or domestic, i just happen to like Japanese cars because you can BEAT THE SNOT out of them and they will take it. I hate how people can't accept that there is a FASTER car then you out there. Nice rant by the way.

Jeremy
Old 05-11-2003, 03:56 PM   #19

kids(less powerful)= civics, protege, ect
adults(powerful)= gt-r, viper, ect

it's like an adult fighting a kid...
Old 05-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #20
Civickid0to60

you would think that they would know. As a matter a fact, just yesterday Honda Racing beat the all time fastest speed record at the Indiannapolis race track running 231 mph. So now the redneck domestic owners know that hondas are decent. I agree with you man, domestics do look the same, and they are crap. So it seems in my opinion is that a driver's attitude is portrayed by his/her car. Import drivers are always striving to be orginal by making their car different, and making it look like their own....like an artist. Domestics are ok with how things are and just want to get a car like a v6 or v8 to say they have it. Oh well things will never change.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #21
Civickid0to60

Quote:
Originally posted by member
kids(less powerful)= civics, protege, ect
adults(powerful)= gt-r, viper, ect

it's like an adult fighting a kid...

actually..................... why dont you get kazaa.... www.kazaa.com and search for illegal street racing i think you will be suprised at how many videos there are of civics beating vipers. PEACE!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:31 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sorry it was gt40fied not ford50forlife. my bad :o

Old 05-11-2003, 07:33 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
Import drivers are always striving to be orginal by making their car different, and making it look like their own....like an artist. Domestics are ok with how things are and just want to get a car like a v6 or v8 to say they have it. Oh well things will never change.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. You're talking about people who own the cars that INVENTED hot rodding. You wanna slap a body kit, wing, set of wheels, and some gay graphics on a car and call it art? Are you out of your f*cking mind? How about chopping a top or laying a windshield back 10 degrees? Or maybe shaving door handles and frenching the fuel tank door? You're talking about piddly little bolt ons and bashing people who practically reinvent their cars. You just keep thinking that all domestics look the same...it only goes to show a lack of taste and style that has wrongfully given the import scene a bad name. So just keep yourself convinced your terminator wing and BBS wheels are "art". What a jackass.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-11-2003, 07:53 PM   #24
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
You've also got to admit that there are a lot more tacky imports/compacts running around with gigantic wings (Geo Storms and mazda 626s with 10" pedestal spoliers) than there are domestics with horribly tacky body kits.

That brings up another point...Domestics aren't unique at all.

Some import tuners jsut choose to be unique in a, well....tacky way
Old 05-11-2003, 07:59 PM   #25
OPAKRACING

Quote:
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. You're talking about people who own the cars that INVENTED hot rodding. You wanna slap a body kit, wing, set of wheels, and some gay graphics on a car and call it art? Are you out of your f*cking mind? How about chopping a top or laying a windshield back 10 degrees? Or maybe shaving door handles and frenching the fuel tank door? You're talking about piddly little bolt ons and bashing people who practically reinvent their cars. You just keep thinking that all domestics look the same...it only goes to show a lack of taste and style that has wrongfully given the import scene a bad name. So just keep yourself convinced your terminator wing and BBS wheels are "art". What a jackass.

What domestic owners do all that fancy frechy, shaving shit to their cars? NONE! you see imports doing that....not domestics.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:11 PM   #26
Wren57

imports making their cars original, are you insane? do you not realize there is a ricey import on every street corner of every city in this great country? it is a rarity to see a modded z28/ss/cobra around here, but ricecakes are a dime a dozen. as far as the car being art? well if thats your thing, enjoy it, but dont bash people with cars that have function and claim your "art" crap to be special. as for the lame "well there are vids of civics beating vipers" crap, well doh. get it through your head, ANY car can be made fast with enough money. the reason you dont see vids of vipers beating civics is because that is expected, and happens that was 99.9% of the time, and its only special when a civic beats the viper. I, of course, would still rather take the viper... mmm sexy... enjoy the life of ignorance civickid0to60, hope you are having fun in dreamland...
Old 05-11-2003, 09:47 PM   #27
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
imports making their cars original, are you insane? do you not realize there is a ricey import on every street corner of every city in this great country? it is a rarity to see a modded z28/ss/cobra around here, but ricecakes are a dime a dozen. as far as the car being art? well if thats your thing, enjoy it, but dont bash people with cars that have function and claim your "art" crap to be special. as for the lame "well there are vids of civics beating vipers" crap, well doh. get it through your head, ANY car can be made fast with enough money. the reason you dont see vids of vipers beating civics is because that is expected, and happens that was 99.9% of the time, and its only special when a civic beats the viper. I, of course, would still rather take the viper... mmm sexy... enjoy the life of ignorance civickid0to60, hope you are having fun in dreamland...

yea, to you it might be ricey....but you see a stock mustang on every corner of this great country too....atleast the ricey ones are unique...even if IT IS ricey....thought i'd throw that out there
Old 05-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #28
Wren57

stock mustang is one thing... they are not TRYING to be something they aren't, hence they arent rice and you cant talk shit abt them because they arent trying... you make fun of ford trucks on every corner? no, because they dont have flames, fart cans and 45lb spoilers... if someone wants to mod their car to make it "art" aka "rice", go for it, and I hope you enjoy doing it, all Im saying is don't bash an 11second .98g z28 for what it is because you think your 17second .83g car is all that because you paid less for it and get better gas mileage
Old 05-11-2003, 10:00 PM   #29
OPAKRACING

Quote:
stock mustang is one thing... they are not TRYING to be something they aren't, hence they arent rice and you cant talk shit abt them because they arent trying... you make fun of ford trucks on every corner? no, because they dont have flames, fart cans and 45lb spoilers... if someone wants to mod their car to make it "art" aka "rice", go for it, and I hope you enjoy doing it, all Im saying is don't bash an 11second .98g z28 for what it is because you think your 17second .83g car is all that because you paid less for it and get better gas mileage

I'm refering to the "Trendy" honda owner comment.

yea, they paid for that power from the factory...they don't know how to fricken tune a car, all they do is press the gas pedal, and of course i'm making a stereotype of all domestic owners that they don't know anything about the actual car itself...but ya know what...usually thats the case with domestic owners (note: usualy)
if you have a honda that doesn a 10 second quarter mile, and a domestic that does an 10 sec quarter mile, i'd respect the honda owner WAY more, cause he had to know how to tune his car....sure, i could go out with all the money i spent on my car and buy a used muscle car...but that'd be missing the whole point of being an import tuner....or a tuner AT ALL, even if its tuning a domestic....it jsut pisses me off when peepss go out and buy a stang, and come along with their stock v8 GT and kick a hondas ass, then say haha, i'm faster....yea, you are, but you bought that power(if you know what i mean) so fuk you.

W0o0o0, vented.

Old 05-11-2003, 10:07 PM   #30
Wren57

heh, I love this argument as well. haha oh no, they paid for their power... guess your turbo kits are free ... why respect the honda owner more than the ss owner for achieving the same goal? because it WAS NOT MEANT TO DRAG RACE... ok so they bought a v8 and its faster than your i4, and that makes them haters? I would hope it would be faster than your i4, unless modded nicely. you cant hate on a v8 for being faster from the factory, thats lame. thats like me making fun of a ferrari because it comes stock with lots of power, and that isnt cool... please ... a 350z is NOT made to drag race, nor is a civic. Am I going to try anyways, yeah sure I am, but Im not going to pretend i have some beast of a car that I dont, and Im not going to hate on ANYONE that is faster than me. If a 1977 plymouth van outruns me, I will be the FIRST person to shake his hand and shoot the shit with him... peace
Old 05-11-2003, 10:10 PM   #31
Wren57

oh yeah... do YOU tune your car, install everything and adjust the ecu mapping or do you pay someone else to? and if you pay someone else at a "speed"shop to do it, how is this different from paying ford/chevy to do the same thing on the front end?
Old 05-11-2003, 10:13 PM   #32
OPAKRACING

Quote:
heh, I love this argument as well. haha oh no, they paid for their power... guess your turbo kits are free ... why respect the honda owner more than the ss owner for achieving the same goal? because it WAS NOT MEANT TO DRAG RACE... ok so they bought a v8 and its faster than your i4, and that makes them haters? I would hope it would be faster than your i4, unless modded nicely. you cant hate on a v8 for being faster from the factory, thats lame. thats like me making fun of a ferrari because it comes stock with lots of power, and that isnt cool... please ... a 350z is NOT made to drag race, nor is a civic. Am I going to try anyways, yeah sure I am, but Im not going to pretend i have some beast of a car that I dont, and Im not going to hate on ANYONE that is faster than me. If a 1977 plymouth van outruns me, I will be the FIRST person to shake his hand and shoot the shit with him... peace

oh but highlander...you do have a beast of a car... lol

i jsut hate it when some domestic owners hate on hondas cause we're not fast, and by them saying that, they missed the whole point of import tuning. yea, you can go buy a stock fast stang, but its about the car, and having knowledge about it and tuning it is what is really impressive and i honor people who do that, even if its a civic...if you got a civic, then you must be in it for the tuning and not the power...lol
Old 05-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #33
Wren57

ok, we are finding common ground... heh
if you tune yourself, install parts yourself, thats cool and I respect that
if you take 3g's to a shop and ask for a custom turbo with fuel remapping and all that crap, then thats just lame to call that tuning...
tuning anything yourself is fun. hell, I love messing with my lawn-mowers timing ...
Old 05-11-2003, 10:17 PM   #34
OPAKRACING

Quote:
oh yeah... do YOU tune your car, install everything and adjust the ecu mapping or do you pay someone else to? and if you pay someone else at a "speed"shop to do it, how is this different from paying ford/chevy to do the same thing on the front end?

yea, i am 16, got my car 10 months ago, and bought mods as i earned money, mostely bolt ons, and i put them on myself...i am learning about the electronics part of it, i'm even in an auto mechanics class, and auto tech class too. i'm learning <--key phrase....i'm not going and buying a fast stock car. too easy, and no fun....and its a lot of money....tuning will be a lot of money in the long run...but i'm in it for the long haul...i luv imports, and tuning them...its good clean fun.

BTW: i have no problem with a tuned domestic....and really i have no problem with a fast domestic....but if the owner is a fuking cocky ass prepy *****, thats when i get pissed at domestic owners (get me?)
Old 05-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #35
OPAKRACING

Quote:
ok, we are finding common ground... heh
if you tune yourself, install parts yourself, thats cool and I respect that
if you take 3g's to a shop and ask for a custom turbo with fuel remapping and all that crap, then thats just lame to call that tuning...
tuning anything yourself is fun. hell, I love messing with my lawn-mowers timing ...

haha, hell yea...never thought of that, that'd be savage tho...hehe
Old 05-11-2003, 10:43 PM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
What domestic owners do all that fancy frechy, shaving shit to their cars? NONE! you see imports doing that....not domestics.

Are you f*cking daft? Next time you see a '32 Ford coupe at a car show just ignore all of the custom bodywork. I guess I'll just have to ignore the word of a 16 year old dipshit. You've been driving for...what...less than a year? But you're an expert, right? Sure, I could buy an '03 Cobra and have 390 factory hp...but if I mod it then I could easily have 500hp for about $1K more. Exactly how much money would you need to make that kind of power? Import drivers aren't the only ones who tune their cars. Domestics guys do it to and make a shitload more power. You know what...I don't even know why I took time to respond to a post made by a kid so ass backwards he was asking about buying candy he thought would get him high. There may be a stock Mustang on the corner of every street, but maybe that's because they're popular cars. At least the people who bought them had the sense to leave their styling alone and didn't feel that it was so shitty that it needed a huge pedestal spoiler and tacky body kit to look good. That's the beauty of domestic cars...you don't need to buy a car and spend another thousand dollars just to make it look good or go fast. That's what cookie-cutter imports and compacts are for. So go ahead and entertain whatever delusion you have that your car is an original just know that in the long run you have truely made an ass out of yourself.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:19 PM   #37

Quote:
At least the people who bought them had the sense to leave their styling alone and didn't feel that it was so shitty that it needed a huge pedestal spoiler and tacky body kit to look good. That's the beauty of domestic cars...you don't need to buy a car and spend another thousand dollars just to make it look good or go fast. That's what cookie-cutter imports and compacts are for.

but that's just their style...

not every "american" domestic drivers leaves their body alone and now every "japanese" import drivers attach huge spoilers.

personally, i'm not a fan of american muscle cars. the only car that looks good is the viper, that's about it. but then again, that's just my opinion.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #38
OPAKRACING

Quote:
...at a car show...

thats right...at a car show, you don't see any of that shit on the street. the only ones you RARELY see on the street are the old yuppies that own classic cars...not a punk kid in a new stang that wan'ts to race and and only knows how to step on the gas pedal.

dipshit.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 PM   #39
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Are you f*cking daft? Next time you see a '32 Ford coupe at a car show just ignore all of the custom bodywork. I guess I'll just have to ignore the word of a 16 year old dipshit. You've been driving for...what...less than a year? But you're an expert, right? Sure, I could buy an '03 Cobra and have 390 factory hp...but if I mod it then I could easily have 500hp for about $1K more. Exactly how much money would you need to make that kind of power? Import drivers aren't the only ones who tune their cars. Domestics guys do it to and make a shitload more power. You know what...I don't even know why I took time to respond to a post made by a kid so ass backwards he was asking about buying candy he thought would get him high. There may be a stock Mustang on the corner of every street, but maybe that's because they're popular cars. At least the people who bought them had the sense to leave their styling alone and didn't feel that it was so shitty that it needed a huge pedestal spoiler and tacky body kit to look good. That's the beauty of domestic cars...you don't need to buy a car and spend another thousand dollars just to make it look good or go fast. That's what cookie-cutter imports and compacts are for. So go ahead and entertain whatever delusion you have that your car is an original just know that in the long run you have truely made an ass out of yourself.

ROFL! ther are so many opinions in this post....lol....and it is a fact, that there are more people who tune imports than people who tune domestics (when i say domestics, i mean 1995+ domestics)(new) and if oyu wanna give shit for us being unique, and not careing so much about power then go ahead, its illogical.

I said in previous posts i respect anyone that tunes their car themselves, be it a domestic or an import...even if it was just putting on the bolt ons yourself.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
ROFL! ther are so many opinions in this post....lol....and it is a fact, that there are more people who tune imports than people who tune domestics (when i say domestics, i mean 1995+ domestics)(new) and if oyu wanna give shit for us being unique, and not careing so much about power then go ahead, its illogical.

I said in previous posts i respect anyone that tunes their car themselves, be it a domestic or an import...even if it was just putting on the bolt ons yourself.

I think you've got tunnel vision. If by "tuning" you mean adding an insanely and unnecessarily large exhaust pipe and some body parts then you're probably right...there are more import "tuners". But the domestic enthusiast following is immeasurably larger. And by that I mean people who make REAL mods to their cars. It also seems a bit suspicious that you'd limit your commentary to cars made after '95. Any reason why? Does that mean that my '84 GT that'll put a few bus lengths on just about any street driven import doesn't count cuz it's too old? I'm not giving you shit for being unique...I'm giving you shit for following a trend. The idea of being unique is rooted firmly in the principal that you have something that no one else has. As far as I can see I see very few "tuned" imports that look different. When I say big wings and body kits I don't mean to generalize or stereotype because I know a lot of guys aren't into that...it's just the easiest and tackiest thing to pick out. I suppose any addition to set your car apart is worthy...but does it really matter if that addition is made in bad taste? I also know that taste is intangible and relevent but I think there's a general concensus on what's good and bad. So if you want to cram over 100 years of automobile history out of the way and focus on the last 8 then go ahead but you're ignoring all of the cars that came before and made your hobby and your "unique" car possible. As for cars at shows vs. the street...stop spliting f*cking hairs. The fact is that they're out there and people are building them and they aren't imports. Keep throwing that word unique around...fact is that your car was never meant to be anything but a grocery getter and is turned out en masse for the general public who wants basic transportation. So tomorrow when you head to school give a nod to the 10 other Civic drivers and encourage them to think of themselves as unique...by your definition I'm sure they are.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 05-12-2003 at 08:42 PM.