::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
Quist

fender tuck

Can someone tell me about how much they paid for a fender tuck to fit extra large wheels?? I am looking at puting 18" wheels on my 2000 civic any ideas!!??!
Old 01-29-2002, 11:26 AM   #2
BlazinCrx

if you do 17s with the neuspeed race springs you will have some sick tuck. of course you will still have a few issues with catching your fenders.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #3
Quist

I plan on using coilovers so I can adjust the wheel well to tuck the tire just a very small amount, but I keep hearing that 18"s are just a pain in the ass and I should go with 17"s
Old 01-29-2002, 11:55 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Just wondering??? Do you have any engine mods? The reason I say this is Unless you have a SI. Those 18s are going to KILL your acceleration. Maybe you dont care about that or maybe you have a SI, I dont know, I just want to make sure your aware of that..
Old 01-29-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
h82lose

I have 18's 5 Zigen and Tenzo Coils with just enough tuck to get half of the tire in.

only time i have a problem is doing a hard turn.. it sometimes hit the back chasis.

if you get rid of your splash guards you will not have a problem with the fender unless you have a super wide tire.

another thing you have to do is roll the inside of your fender using your hand.. just bend up all that metal thats sticking out when you take off the splash guard.

as for speed.. you will notice gas mileage will get worst and the car will be heavier going up hills.. if you dont mind that.. go for it
Old 01-30-2002, 12:11 AM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I think a nice set of 16 or 17 looks fine....too big I think isn't that good.
Need go first

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 02:20 AM   #7
Quist

Thanks for all the input guys I think that I will just stick with 17"s. Since I have no mods (yet!!!) and it seems like less of a hassle. thanks again for the input. maybe some day I will get a picture of my car on here to show.... I dont know????