::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2002, 11:54 AM   #1
msvtec14

Type R grill?

Does anyone know where I can get a type R grill for a 97 accord?I spoke with the store where I usually buy all of my stuff. They can't get one from anywhere. In addition to that, I called several distributors and they say that they're all on backorder.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

how about some custom made one. just $1 from home depot. take out the actual grill, take the chrome part out ( it's held with some screws) cut the chicken wire to match the shape of the chrome moulding, make room for the screws, then put it back toghether.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
dfaulkner

just find ya a 94-95 grill and make one yourself. I've seen this done, seems fairly easy and is sturdier than the ones you can buy. Just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:04 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

mah bad. i did not realize that the 96-97 does not have a chrome moulding. if u find the 94-95 one follow the steps that i gave you

Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #5
msvtec14

My grill is chrome and personally, I feel without the mesh in there that my kit doesn't look as good as it should. I think the additional mesh would offset it nicely. What if I want the grill the color of the car? I'll paint the chrome. No. I really won't. Some of my nail polish? Just kidding.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you can paint the chicken wire any color you want. make sure you clean it good thou. and please don't use nail polish

Old 07-31-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
msvtec14

My car is that weird two-toned green. I don't have any nail polish that color. I was just busting on myself because I wanted to use clear nail polish on my taillights. No one replied to my first post yesterday and I thought it was maybe because I was talking about nail polish.