::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
accordboy00

New GC's

Well, despite what some you may think, I had GC coilovers installed on Friday. No springs. No Camber kit. I know, I'm basicaly screwed. But, I'm only technically dropped .5" in the rear (my heavy ass box plus the coilovers makes it looked droped further). Up front I'm droppped about 1.5". Pretty soon I will start pricing for new shocks. Anyways, do any of you see any problems with this setup. If so please let me know. i'm new to the lowering thing. I'll post picks if yall want to see them.

b

BTW I'll change and update my sig a little later. Since my last sig I've added OEM foglights and GC coilovers.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:40 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

With that little of a drop, you'll be fine w/o a camber kit as long as you get an alignment (most likely). You will need some really good quality struts though... look into Koni yellows.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:48 PM   #3
accordboy00

Sweet, I'll look into those. Whats a good price to pay for them? I thought I might ask so that I know what a good price is before
I start looking. Do you know of any websites that I can buy them at a reasonable price?
Old 07-30-2002, 01:39 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Shox.com has them for ~$540shipped. That is for all four externally adjustable. If you want, you can get the rears internally adjustable and fronts externally adjustable for ~$480 or so. I haven't checked these prices in awhile, so you might be able to find them a little cheaper.

If you don't care about adjustability, look into Koni reds to save some money. Also, for a mild drop like yours, KYB AGX would work.

Old 07-30-2002, 08:28 AM   #5
spoogenet

I was surfin around yesterday and couldn't find Reds for the 6th gens. Since Koni's website sucks so bad, I'm not sure if they make them for the 6th gen or not.

KYB AGX are not available for the 6th gen. It's a damn shame, too.

b
Old 07-30-2002, 11:56 AM   #6
ShEaNy

hey.how long u think u can run with a drop with no aftermarket struts or shocks? im thinking of dropping mine soon but i dont have lots of money for the koni yellows Yet....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:23 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I was surfin around yesterday and couldn't find Reds for the 6th gens. Since Koni's website sucks so bad, I'm not sure if they make them for the 6th gen or not.

KYB AGX are not available for the 6th gen. It's a damn shame, too.

b

Wow, that really sucks. I guess the only good choices for 6th genners who want height adjustability are yellows or true coilovers then.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
hey.how long u think u can run with a drop with no aftermarket struts or shocks? im thinking of dropping mine soon but i dont have lots of money for the koni yellows Yet....

It totally depends on what springs you are using. With stiff, harsh, coilover sleeves, maybe 6 months. If you get Eibach pro-kit, the stock struts will last a long time.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #9
ShEaNy

i was thinking of getting ractives..there like 300 cd....im not sure of any other makes for my year..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:45 AM   #10
SilverCoupe2K1

Ya it's true KYB AGX's are not offered for the 6th Gen. Koni Reds are offered, however. I recently dropped mine with pro-kits and am looking at putting in Reds next year.

Groupbuy often has something, try there...