.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
02_Si
2nd Gear

Why do people want someone else when...

Why do people want other people more when they have someone steady? I too do that myself.. And it's funny, cause you always seem to want your ex back when they're gone and/or have found someone else... well... sometimes not. :o
Old 06-30-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

HELL NO! I would NEVER want my ex back! I consider him a lesson well learned.............
Old 06-30-2003, 12:49 PM   #3
SolPol

Don't get me started man. You'll regret it.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:10 PM   #4
02_Si
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
Don't get me started man. You'll regret it.

come on, let's hear it.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #5
SolPol

First, I'm pissed in general about women right now so take it with a grain of salt.

I won't get into my problems now.

Basically, you see your ex with someone else and it brings up memories. You see that someone else is happy with her, so why weren't you? Maybe I should've tried harder...all that BS. It's essentially jealousy/regret.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #6
ShagginJet

You always seems to want the things you can't have. What I usually want most is what i can't have, the girls who are married or who have a b/f. I meet so many AWESOME taken girls, it's kind of a bummer. Plus usually they are just the types of girls I'm looking for, smart, good looking, outgoing, good communication skills, etc....

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
02_Si
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
You always seems to want the things you can't have. What I usually want most is what i can't have, the girls who are married or who have a b/f.

no shiz, man that always happens
Old 06-30-2003, 03:57 PM   #8
Zybach

^and then once you get married, you get paranoid about other men that think exactly like you do now.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:53 PM   #9
VRGNCD5

Re: Why do people want someone else when...

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_Si
Why do people want other people more when they have someone steady? I too do that myself.. And it's funny, cause you always seem to want your ex back when they're gone and/or have found someone else... well... sometimes not. :o
cause maybe ur current doesn't do something as good as ur ex used to. My ex loved to give blowjobs, my current has to be forced to do it
Old 07-01-2003, 02:48 AM   #10
mylittlecivic

No guys told me they liked me til after I started going out with my boyfriend, now ive had to tell a few to back off :(

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:58 AM   #11
ShagginJet

Re: Re: Why do people want someone else when...

Quote:
Originally posted by VRGNCD5
My ex loved to give blowjobs, my current has to be forced to do it

It's not worth getting a BJ unless she does it because she wants to. That's like forcing a drunk girl to have sex with you. Even when my recent ex would get plastered I'd just let her fall asleep. Sloppy drunk sex really isn't that good. Unless you're both plastered.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
SolPol

Quote:
Unless you're both plastered.

Then it's great.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:03 AM   #13
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Re: Why do people want someone else when...

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_Si
Why do people want other people more when they have someone steady?

I don't have the problem of wanting someone else when I already have someone. (Geez, it's been so long since I've had a guy I can't even remember what it's like, hehe) My problem is that I always want the ones that are already taken or lately it's the ones that I just can't have, regardless if they're with someone or not. It drives me crazy! It's a stupid cycle: I like them, they reject me , I want them even more! I think I need my head examined!
Old 07-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #14
SolPol

I wouldn't worry, we all do it.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:28 AM   #15
VRGNCD5

Re: Re: Re: Why do people want someone else when...

Quote:
It's not worth getting a BJ unless she does it because she wants to.
Yeah, that's true, but doesn't make not getting one any easier to accept. Shit, I barely get sex period
Old 07-02-2003, 09:59 AM   #16
DsBlu01CivEX

yah i totally relate to the "getting pissed off seeing your ex happy with someone else thing" I'm sorta goin through that right now. I don't even wanna go to the club I've always gone to cuz of him right now. He's there with his (i assume) new gf and I'll be dancing like 2 feet away and they're kissin each other. And to find out that this girl is some "dirrty" girl from a near by town doesn't help. Apparently she gets around like a record if ya know what I'm sayin. (ah gotta love office space...sorry I digress) I guess it doesn't really bother me that he has a new gf in general....but what bothers me the most is that not even 2 weeks prior to him hookin up with her, he was callin me like every weekend and talkin to me and tellin me that he still really likes me and that he wishes that I would make more of an effort to talk to him. Glad I didn't now!!!!! It just sucks....

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #17
cjblade54

Well, maybe you are not totally over your ex, thats why you are still pissed? would that be the case??
Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 PM   #18
Wabster

"The grass is greener on the other side"
Old 07-17-2003, 07:48 AM   #19
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cjblade54
Well, maybe you are not totally over your ex, thats why you are still pissed? would that be the case??

I know for a fact that she (DsBlu01CivEX) isn't over her ex. She may say that she is, but I know her too well and deep down she's not. I don't get it either, he was a complete jerk to her and not worth her time. I will never understand those relationships, but I won't get into it now....that's a whole other thread.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:23 AM   #20
cjblade54

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I know for a fact that she (DsBlu01CivEX) isn't over her ex. She may say that she is, but I know her too well and deep down she's not. I don't get it either, he was a complete jerk to her and not worth her time. I will never understand those relationships, but I won't get into it now....that's a whole other thread.

I seen that a lot.... girls that are treated badly by guys but still want to be with them. I think a lot of them never really got to know the guys before invested a lot of emotions into the relation which makes it hard to get over.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:37 PM   #21
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cjblade54
I seen that a lot.... girls that are treated badly by guys but still want to be with them. I think a lot of them never really got to know the guys before invested a lot of emotions into the relation which makes it hard to get over.

I agree with that! And sometimes they think that the guy will eventually change or that they can even change him. Good luck with that! You either like them for who they are or you don't, you shouldn't have to change them.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #22
cjblade54

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I agree with that! And sometimes they think that the guy will eventually change or that they can even change him. Good luck with that! You either like them for who they are or you don't, you shouldn't have to change them.

Yup, if you are going into a relationship and hoping to change the person.. you are in a relation for a wrong reason.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:33 PM   #23
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

If it's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that NO ONE will change if they DON'T want to. You have to accept the person for who/what they are. If they change anything, it will be on their terms and their time, in other words, when and if they feel like it. You could possibly influence a decision they make sometimes but don't even BEGIN to think that you CHANGED them. It may have been just a fluke that they agreed with you at that time and it may not be permament. Be with someone because you like them the way they are, not because what you can make them out to be. Changing anything comes from personal retrospect, not from what someone else makes you do. Think about what you hate to do/eat/drink, whatever, then think about someone MAKING you do that because THEY want you to. You'd begin to resent that action then eventually them, like a snowball effect. Definately not what you'd want to be in a relationship for.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:44 PM   #24
DsBlu01CivEX

Wow Erin....look what you started! I never ONCE said that I was out to change Mike ("the ex"). He and I had an understanding like a week after we met each other that we'd never ever try to change each other. Hence the reason for us breaking up. No big deal...I'm working on the whole getting over him part. It's something that I gotta do at my own pace, no one elses. If ANYONE should know anything about that last statement, it's Erin! But I'm sooo not going to go there.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:49 AM   #25
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Wow Erin....look what you started! I never ONCE said that I was out to change Mike ("the ex"). He and I had an understanding like a week after we met each other that we'd never ever try to change each other. Hence the reason for us breaking up. No big deal...I'm working on the whole getting over him part. It's something that I gotta do at my own pace, no one elses. If ANYONE should know anything about that last statement, it's Erin! But I'm sooo not going to go there.

When I had made those comments I actually wasn't referring to your relationship with Mike, Denise. I was just making a comment in general. The only references I made about your ex, Mike, was the comment about how you weren't over him yet. Geez, give me some credit! hehe
Old 07-23-2003, 08:41 AM   #26
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
...I'm working on the whole getting over him part. It's something that I gotta do at my own pace, no one elses.

This is something you HAVE to do at your own pace. It took me over a year to get over my ex. Don't worry about the time it takes, you'll be ready when you're ready. I just want you to know that if you felt that I made those comments to you directly, I was not. I was replying to what CJblade54 said and was referring to anyone in general that has tried to do this to anyone else.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:04 AM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
You always seems to want the things you can't have.

Of course...that's the American dream. I tend to think it's more the thrill of the chase. A lot of people are just in it to see if they can do it, then once they've got it, it becomes boring. Also, once you're comfortable with someone it can be boring if you don't mix things up. Remember...comfortable is another word for boring.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:44 PM   #28
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackWolf
This is something you HAVE to do at your own pace. It took me over a year to get over my ex. Don't worry about the time it takes, you'll be ready when you're ready. I just want you to know that if you felt that I made those comments to you directly, I was not. I was replying to what CJblade54 said and was referring to anyone in general that has tried to do this to anyone else.

Yah I realized after I posted that I probably sounded a lil bitchy (sorry for some reason or another I was irritable that day...and no boys it wasn't that time of the month!)....and after rereading everything I knew no one was referring to me in general...I just didn't want people to think that I was like that. I dunno just felt like I needed to defend myself . It's all good though...we're all on the same page know (I think)

Old 08-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #29
Shot 2 Hel

jay says... give it some time D... and it always seems that more girls come up to me when im taken oh well i guess thats life