::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #1
bokeylude

interior

ok i read somewhere that you can take ot all of the trim an paint it.( i think it was here just cant find it) ok what kind of paint should i use?
also what about the rest of the dash?how can i paint that can i sand it and paint it also?? help please
Old 03-06-2002, 02:56 AM   #2
Quist

ya you can paint those trim pieces and intieror pieces just take tons of time doing it.

i would do the intierior pieces first to make sure that you like how it looks and that it matches you cars paint. Go to the local paint store and have them mix a special batch of paint that matches you paint exactly. then take your time doing it(set aside an entire day).

you may slightly sand them with very fine grit paper and use primer for you first coat and then a few light coats of paint and some primer. the guys at the paint store will tell you exactly how to do it!!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:06 PM   #3
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

there is a DIY in the Articles & News Section of HS so you know...

for small pieces I've heard alot of people recommend the Testor Model paint as that works real well on plastic. I personally used a light sanding on my dash then used a base of White Vinyl paint and then covered that w/ YEllow Krylon. That's how I personally did mine but the best advice as given previously is to take your time and don;t rush it at all what so ever....

Hope this might help...
Old 03-07-2002, 10:31 PM   #4
NCSTYLE

Ya i just painted all my interior and it makes such a diference. I primed it then painted it qith red Krylon. It only took me like 3 hours but i only did the door trims and the air vents. But it is a very cheap way to make your car stand out.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:12 PM   #5
LoTeK002

i'm currently working on my interior. (get pics up when mostly done) doing mine black/red/white. here's how i'm doing mine:

plastics:
1. sand w/ 150 sandpaper until it's all rough, then sand again with 200 to smooth it out.
2. 2 light coats of primer wait til their totally dry, then take a brillo pad and sand the primer lightly, to smooth it out
3. 2 to 3 light coats of the paint (flat, not glossy) and brillo them lightly to smooth them out
4. spray with high gloss over coat let dry and your done w/ the plastics

vinyl:
1. whipe off with a wrag
2. take a brillo pad and rubbing alcohol (takes off any grease/armor all) and drys it out.
3. painted w/ black vinyl paint. (i found some vinyl/leather paint at a shoe repair shop, this paint is designed to be used on vinyl and lether shoes, so it's real durable.)
4. let it dry
Old 03-22-2002, 06:22 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Exclamation

You don't even need to use sand paper...the best way if your not to sure about sanding your dash...is used scotch brite. (spelling??) and dish soap. it'll take all the oil out and clean it up great to be painted.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 01:15 PM   #7
lx4life

if you want that smooth finish then you are going to have to spray a lot coats of primer and or paint, but if you want that texture look then you can use about 3 coats of paint and make sure you use clearcoat it will protect it when you do decide to clean it.