::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #1
turbowhat_n_dat

Civic Ex/Prelude Vtec vs. talon turbo

I drive fast, gotta put it like this, I come up on this talon rollin like 50 I'm doin like 70 and for some reason or another young punks have to stomp on it when you reach them. Wtf, I'm cruisin' here to get somewhere, I don't need you steppin on it when I come up on you. Anyway, the talon driver has to step on it and prove he has a turbo by blowing off his tooooooooooter. Were still rollin at 70 and he puts it down, like bye, dont care much. Talon gets to stop light and punches it like none other, ok I get the point you got a turbo and you think its fast!!! He slows down to wait on us, gives me the thumbs down and takes off again, only this time the pile-a-civic had to open up the can-o-whoop-ass. My civic happens to be turbocharged as well, he must not be able to see the stealthy intercooler behind the grille mesh *oh did I hide that! Talon had about a car length lead on me when I got her down into 3rd, boost climbed to 12 and held perfectly, went by that talon like it was nothing.

Get this now,,,,,,,,made it to the next stop light and this guy has balls. I had moved over for my buddy (who is also a member of this forum) to let him give it a shot, now he's no longer tackling the second smallest honda engine, but, the largest one. He has balls and gives my buddy the thumbs down,,,,,ha ha,,,,, light turns green and talon,,,,,,guess what,,,,,,,stalls.

Went home called it a good night!!!! Sound right Frank!!!

L8er all,

G FLICK
Old 04-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #2
RU_Teg

nice kill!
Old 04-17-2003, 11:51 PM   #3
ShEaNy

nice kill..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
a96710

Nice....good kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 04:25 PM   #5
VR4_Craver
Banned

nice...but i thought the turbo talons are also All whell drive....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #6
Spitz

some turbo talons are but not all i believe nice kill though for you and your friend
Old 04-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Civic Ex/Prelude Vtec vs. talon turbo

Nice. I drive fast too. People always think I'm racing.....

Quote:
Originally posted by turbowhat_n_dat
boost climbed to 12 and held perfectly, went by that talon like it was nothing.

12psi? What kinda engine work do you have done?
Old 04-20-2003, 12:40 AM   #8
silver

thats a pretty amazing kill for a turboed sohc. if you can get video of a similar kill, i'd like to see that and what your car is capable of. have you dynoed it yet? i have a tough time with the turboed 2.0 motor so i guess you're one honda i wouldn't mess with.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 12:40 AM   #9
juvenile

Re: Re: Civic Ex/Prelude Vtec vs. talon turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Nice. I drive fast too. People always think I'm racing.....

Really? I always thought you were the laid back kinda guy!
Wait, was it you that was on a suspended licence getting away from 4 cops on the highway? If not, do you have any ticekts?
Old 04-20-2003, 01:10 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Re: Re: Civic Ex/Prelude Vtec vs. talon turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Really? I always thought you were the laid back kinda guy!
Wait, was it you that was on a suspended licence getting away from 4 cops on the highway? If not, do you have any ticekts?

LoL. That wasn't me. I am pretty laid back. But if its an open road, I'm driving fast. And yes I have several tickets for misc. things.....
Old 04-20-2003, 12:54 PM   #11
turbowhat_n_dat

http://www.teamtrio.com/greg.htm

Go there, I have no internal engine work done, just a thrown on F-MAX turbo kit with the headgasket option. As for aftermarket parts on the engine I've got an MSD-sci ignition, with cap, rotor, external coil, msd wires, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, clutchmasters flywheel, top speed intake (that sits in one of my hood scoupes for forced induction), a 2 dual stage boost controller that runs 9 constant and when switch is flipped hits 12, the MF2 fuel controller that came with the f-max kit, and two extra 650cfm injectors that came with the kit also, and finally an AEM plug-n-play stand alone ecu (that isnt fully tuned in yet).

I have dynoed the car but that was before my boost controller got put in and I was pushing 6psi boost. Stock it hit 90 hp to wheels, and with the turbo kit at 6 the car hit 146 hp to wheels. Thats also with no tuning and not AEM. My friend at Revolutions Motorsports up here sold his dyno and is waiting on his new one to arrive so I'll let you all know when I get them #'s.

As for the video tape, I was going to put a roll bar in this winter, but the guy who was going to do it was on so many drugs I didnt know whether I wanted him touching my car or not. So I have to find somewhere else to do it, then my video camera will be in there! However, I probably wouldnt have had it on as I didnt even want to race this chump, just outta the blue when he ticked me off with his blow off valve sh*t.

What does awd have to do with loosing a race? I've seen plenty of awd that are mitsu powered that kill stuff. We used to have an automatic/female driven/awd/turbo/talon/1st gen on the team, that thing would haul. 12.0 second car, my civic didnt stand a chance against that girl!!!!! Props to her!!! But yeah, does that make it a good excuse? Or is it cause it has to turn all those pesky driveshafts and lines? Or is it cause awd's are turbo? I'm confused on that persons reply, obviously he thought he had something and didnt.

L8er all,

G FLICK
Old 04-20-2003, 11:43 PM   #12
Civic98

nice kill.....
Old 04-21-2003, 12:46 AM   #13
'87 integra

nice kill...and what part of WI you in???
Old 04-21-2003, 08:07 AM   #14
drdingo21

good kill

But i don't understand. You have an h22 running 12 psi of boost, and only putting 146 to the wheels? BTW you have balls for running 12 psi of boost through a non-tuned engine with stock internals.....
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:35 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
good kill

But i don't understand. You have an h22 running 12 psi of boost, and only putting 146 to the wheels? BTW you have balls for running 12 psi of boost through a non-tuned engine with stock internals.....

H22? Where'd you pick that up at? LoL.

Its a D16. And yeah he either doesn't care or is wanting a new engine anyhow.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:40 AM   #16
drdingo21

oh...LOL. I got the h22 thing from the title of his thread and this
Quote:
now he's no longer tackling the second smallest honda engine, but, the largest one.
so if hes running 12psi through a stock d16 thats even worse!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:47 AM   #17
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
only putting 146 to the wheels? BTW you have balls for running 12 psi of boost through a non-tuned engine with stock internals.....

I dont understand how with 12 psi of boast you are still at only 146....doesnt that seem odd to anyone else?
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
I dont understand how with 12 psi of boast you are still at only 146....doesnt that seem odd to anyone else?

Quote:
I have dynoed the car but that was before my boost controller got put in and I was pushing 6psi boost.

Read the whole post...
Old 04-21-2003, 04:33 PM   #19
drdingo21

^^ yep. The stock ex has 127 hp. and 6psi of boost with 146 to the wheels sounds about right...

I cannot belive 12 psi through the STOCK d16...i won't be suprised if one day he goes out floors it and the engine blows clean out of the engine bay.

j/k

Last edited by drdingo21 : 04-21-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:26 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
i won't be suprised if one day he goes out floors it and the engine blows clean out of the engine bay.

j/k

Or the floorboards come off and he blows weld on the intake manifold.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:45 PM   #21
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Or the floorboards come off and he blows weld on the intake manifold.

Now him and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block to replace the piston rings he just fried
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 AM   #22
drdingo21

lmao
Old 04-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #23
turbowhat_n_dat

I would have posted the website for f-max however the damn thing wont load any longer.

They pushed 15 psi through there stock d16 for aver 2 years already and had no problems whatever. Thats on pump gas, and with stock internals. They pushed 230 hp to the wheels with it. I do have a print out from when they send the kit, says:

Stock engine: Lower compression ratio via head gasket option, stock camshafts, stock intake and exhaust porting, stock pistons, rods, rings, crank, and head.

Ignition timing: Stock initial timing with .2 degrees of retard per pound of boost (above 12psi).

Boost Level handled: 13-15 psi boost

Fuel additive: None, 92 octane.

HP= 230.8 @ 15psi

Torque= 212.5 @ 15psi

If they can do it so can you!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turbo civic 1.6.jpg (32.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-23-2003, 06:19 PM   #24
SilverCiv

Nice, how much?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:59 AM   #25
Novtec1

12 lbs and only 146 hp...seem like some more tuning needs to be done.....
Old 04-25-2003, 08:12 AM   #26
nonovurbizniz

OH MY GOD.... READ THE POSTS ENTIRELY>

the dyno was for 6 psi not 12....

people run 8-10 with NO mods on d16's ALL the time... with dirt cheap tunning via a 99 dollar super map controller and a free-300 injectors... and that's ALL for fuel management or ignition retard.

there was a guy on h-t selling b16 rods with supra pistons machined to fit (with rings and wristipin) all you had to do ws buy the right bearings here (he even gave you the part numbers) for like 300 bucks... he was running 20 psi on stock everything else... no block guard no sleeving and had been doing so for 1.5 years...

the d16 and all honda motors are reliable strong motors... yes they have limits... for sake of EASE and SAFETY most people say the limmit for stock internals are 200 whp on a d16... you can go over that with good tuning... as long as you don't run lean and the force of the explosion don't snap the rod or burn the valves/piston and the egt's don't get TOO hot our fine... (when you push it like that you should DEFINATELY get a egt sensor and guage to avoid melting your head).

GOOD FRIGGIN KILL.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:30 AM   #27
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Novtec1
12 lbs and only 146 hp...seem like some more tuning needs to be done.....

Read the whole thread...........
Old 04-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #28
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
OH MY GOD.... READ THE POSTS ENTIRELY>

the dyno was for 6 psi not 12....

people run 8-10 with NO mods on d16's ALL the time... with dirt cheap tunning via a 99 dollar super map controller and a free-300 injectors... and that's ALL for fuel management or ignition retard.

there was a guy on h-t selling b16 rods with supra pistons machined to fit (with rings and wristipin) all you had to do ws buy the right bearings here (he even gave you the part numbers) for like 300 bucks... he was running 20 psi on stock everything else... no block guard no sleeving and had been doing so for 1.5 years...

the d16 and all honda motors are reliable strong motors... yes they have limits... for sake of EASE and SAFETY most people say the limmit for stock internals are 200 whp on a d16... you can go over that with good tuning... as long as you don't run lean and the force of the explosion don't snap the rod or burn the valves/piston and the egt's don't get TOO hot our fine... (when you push it like that you should DEFINATELY get a egt sensor and guage to avoid melting your head).

GOOD FRIGGIN KILL.
he said his engine is untuned. I have heard of people running 15+psi on stock internals, but the engines were finely tuned...
I would never run over 8psi on an untuned engine, but thats the common senese in me talking
Old 04-27-2003, 04:05 AM   #29
Novtec1

Quote:
he said his engine is untuned. I have heard of people running 15+psi on stock internals, but the engines were finely tuned...
I would never run over 8psi on an untuned engine, but thats the common senese in me talking

that was the whole point of my post thanks......
Old 04-27-2003, 12:52 PM   #30
drdingo21

what was the whole point? I pointed out turbowhat_n_dat said his engine is untutned and then i agreed with nonovurbizniz. I think you have a problem reading. Maybe you need to just slow down a bit...
Old 04-27-2003, 03:19 PM   #31
Civickid0to60

i've seen talons beat the hell out of turbo charged civics before man. My friends turbo talon beat a RSX s-type, GSR, GSX, GST, Supra (non-turbo), and everykind of civic imaginable almost. I guess his car wasn't all wheel drive or something. Nice kill.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:14 PM   #32
turbowhat_n_dat

I've seen turbo eclipse/talon/lasers smoke the piss out of a lot of stuff as well. This can not be established as a real brag about beating up on a talon, however I think it is a good kill for my pile-a-civic. Being that it happens to be one of the smallest engines honda made. Also considering the Mitsu product had the larger Mitsu engine (extravagantly larger). Smoking anything with my civic with that engine is a good feat to me. I never expected to beat a lot of the things that I have, but, its good that it happens. The other guy I'm talking about with the 2.2L lude gets torn up by the same civic, so that also makes me happy (sorry Frank had to tell em'). The last time the lude was ran at the track he hit a 14.1, I haven't and prolly won't run my civic at the track, but based on his time I think my car is reasonably quick for a D16.

Sorry if you own a Mitsu product and this offends you, just don't take every civic you meet on the street for granted.

Peace everyone,

G FLICK
Old 04-27-2003, 05:17 PM   #33
drdingo21

i don't doubt you high to mid 13s running 12psi of boost. It is a good kill. The whole thing that threw me was that h22 thing earlier. And i wouldn't refer to you civic as "a pile-civic", that thing has something like 230 to the wheels, you would be in the 12s with slicks.