::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2003, 07:29 AM   #1
Zexamericano

I need help and some confidence

Hello all, Im new to this board and I have a problem. I have a 92 Lx Civic 1.5 Automatic. Big problem huh? Just jokin. I love the car, I just put the motor in with 30,000 miles on it. I have an OBX carbon fiber CAI, TC throttle body, a custom mandrel bent exaust and a 65 shot Zex nitrous kit. My main problem is flat out, I don't know how to drive it. If im racing someone is it safe to hit the nitrous in all four gears? I'm wondering this because if I slam the gas in first with the switch on, it'll automatically kick in at 4 grand. In all four gears. Is there any way to regulate the nitrous to a specifiic gear, or should I just use the kit like a turbo, all gears 4 grand and up. Im kinda scared to hit it because I just had 300 dollars worth of head work done because I had a heavy foot. I've got the burt valves to prove it. There in my room. Stupid 6.5 grand revlimiter. Is there anyway to remove it? Im planning on going all out on an SCI ignition too will that help?
Old 02-20-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
ForceInjection

I ran nitrous is all four gears for about two years straight and everything was ok. As long as you run the nitrous at Wide Open Throttle you will be ok...and do not use if for more than 16 seconds at a time. If you want to regulate when you want the nitrous to kick in, all you have to do is get a push botton instead of the toggle switch you are currently using. If you do change over to the push botton make sure that you are at WOT tho.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
Boosted3g

agreed, its fine to do it all 4 gears jsut dont do any top speed runs.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 AM   #4
davidthall55

If I put a 50 shot nitrous on my 94 Accord LX five speed, could I hit it at 4gs in 2nd, and then shift to 3rd without a problem? Would I have to keep it floored while I shifted? Because it seems that might be a little harsh on the clutch, no?
Old 03-01-2003, 11:43 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You'll be fine doing that.

Quote:
Originally posted by davidthall55
If I put a 50 shot nitrous on my 94 Accord LX five speed, could I hit it at 4gs in 2nd, and then shift to 3rd without a problem? Would I have to keep it floored while I shifted? Because it seems that might be a little harsh on the clutch, no?

Don't keep it floored. Just shift like you normally would.