User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2003, 10:43 AM   #1
johnriley
2nd Gear

2000 Civic Si VS My 93 ex accord

Well yesterday evening I was driving and I happened to pull up at a light next to a guy in a 2000civic si and we gave each other the nod and when the light turned green I got the jump on him by about a half car length in first but by the end of first he was right next to me and we both stayed even until about 50mph and I pulled a car length on him, then we came to the next light. I asked the guy what he had done to his car and he said that he had intake, exhaust, lowered suspension and rims. Then we decided to go again but this time I launched at about 5000rpms and did a huge burnout and he must've screwed his launch but I had a full car on him by the end of 1st but then we came up on about 30 harley riders and I gave them some revv's and they all waved and their girls smiled at me Then we came to the next light and we raced one last time on a long straight away. This race was the closest race I've ever had we were dead even the whole way up to 60 mph and I did my famous shift to 4th and back to 3rd for a few seconds and back to 4th and I pulled a car length ahead of him and then I shutoff at around 85mph and had about 2 cars on him. Overall our cars were pretty even but I think the difference was my new racing clutch and my shortshift adapter I just installed they really make a difference changing gears the motor doesn't skip a beat when changing gears it's the shiznit! I was impressed though with this civic it was badass and I could tell when it crossed over to v-tec what a cool sound-I must have!
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote