.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
civicjdmgsr

dropped on neuspeed race springs what now?

i dropped my 95 civic hatchback on some neuspeed race springs. i am looking into some koni yellows or some bilstein hd shocks. i was wondering if they will match up just fine with the neuspeed race springs or if i will need something else to make them fit. i am not sure because i know that if you buy ground control coilovers for bilsteins of konis they have to be matched up with some special adapter. also what about the bumpstops? will i need them for this setup? any info will be appreciated. please let me know.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yep they will match fine. the springs and the shocks have the same seatings as the stock ones. yeah the bump stops are required, unless you wanna bottom out or blow the shocks

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
civicjdmgsr

when my friend but my springs on he cut the stock bumpstops in half. should i get new ones or what? where do i get new ones?

p.s. is it true that the koni yellows do not have a place to hold the brake line? if so then are these still the best shocks for me to get with my neuspeed race springs? i want some good shocks that will smoothen out my ride because it is kind of bouncy right now.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have no clue about the koni and the brake line support. i'm sure you could just atach it to there someplace. as for the bumpstops you don't need to buy new ones just cut them in half. they are like some foamy material

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I didnt have to worry about brake lines with my konis. Konis are great shocks you cant go wrong with them. The bumpstop.. I just cut my stock on down, if you dont have one get one, itll save your shocks.
Old 09-17-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
fadednite

I cut the bumpstops down one section off. I have neuspeed sport springs and koni yellows. I was told to do this from a nearby performance shop that does mostly hondas. It supposed to allow more room for the shocks to move. My car rides nice.