.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
zm_dawg

Logo and/or Graphic Help

I'm in the process of currently opening a new performance shop in town and online. I was wondering if anyone would be willing or could possibly help me out with me making a logo and or graphic. My computer is a big POS so....thats why I ask.
THe name of the company is Next Level Motorsports...
I'm in need of some kind of logo for business cards and/or letterheads....I also was hoping someone would be able to incorporate the logo or the name into some kind of graphic for the top of the website....which incorporates maybe a honda or acura or two....using photoshop or some other graphic editor...These are some sites that I look to for graphic idea as far as the top of the main page? or so.....
http://visionautodynamics.com/home.asp
http://www.extremedimensions.com/main.html
Those are just some things I've seen I'm sure some graphic editors understand what I mean....If anyone cares to help out you can post ideas either here or email me at nubby@bytehead.com
Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well this is what i did for me:

and the other one is in the sig.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:58 AM   #3
zm_dawg

Right on....well if you got time and wanna come up w/ somethin it's all up to you....some other guy emailed me and said he'd do somethin for product tradee......wouldn't know what i could offer right now but he had some pretty good stuff......just waitin to see...
actually before anything need a little somethin for like a business card or letterhead.....not sure what can be done that small....who knows maybe someone will catch me off guard.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:16 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know i sound retarded but what is a business letter head ?

btw business cards are 11 for 500 at office max. www.vistaprint.com will make you 250 free just shipping

Old 02-11-2003, 01:54 AM   #5
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Let me know if you want anything else..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:13 AM   #6
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

business card...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nlmbusinesscard.jpg (23.6 KB, 42 views)

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 07:12 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
Let me know if you want anything else..

That red is to hard to read on the black..:o
Old 02-11-2003, 07:26 AM   #8
blind34_1

maybe get a blur effect on all that black space to the left of the car. or move the lettering down next to the car (left side), and so it doesnt overlpa on the car.

also, zm_dawg, you may want to seriously consider getting a 1800 or 888 number for credibility. I know I dont order from anyone without a toll free number that I can talk to a human at. and definately put that number in the graphic somewhere.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:36 PM   #9
zm_dawg

That business card is pretty cool..Maybe tie the name into the NLM in the top left or somethin....about the other graphic or header thingy....little to plain lookin for like some other colors tied into it....not sure if that'll be the slogan yet either...
As for the toll free #......I don't know how I go about doing that? I'm livin w/ my dad right now...and I can see getting that number when I open up a shop in town here...and have different phone lines I'm just not sure how to go about doing it all within the house? Like I said if i come home within the first week and see 300 orders in my inbox....i'll have to shut down and re-think lol...thats what I want but i mean.....shitass...that'd catch me off guard then I definately open up a shop and keep a lot more inventory. on hand....
I'll have a lot of info once I talk to this accountant maybe he'll think i should open it up in town same time as site and take out a big loan.
Keep comin up with ideas....i'm also thinkin about sponsorin like this and JDM Civic i know Jdm is like $25 a month for a banner on the forums page....but it prolly be worth it.....
any more graphic ideas send to nubby@bytehead.com or post'em up if you can.....business card is good.....maybe tie the NLM into somethin
Old 02-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #10
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i know i sound retarded but what is a business letter head ?

btw business cards are 11 for 500 at office max. www.vistaprint.com will make you 250 free just shipping

Your letterhead is like the top graphic on your company paper...maybe for outgoing bills and letters or invoices.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #11
blind34_1

I hate to say this, but look what I found:
http://www.nextlevelmotorsports.com/

I doubt its copyrighted, but you may want to reconsider your name. I did a exact phrase google search and came up with about 4 results, so that name is somewhat out there.

just something to think about.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #12
Aperio

Logo for sale... cheap ;)

I wouldn't worry about the name - chances are, you'd have a nearly impossible time finding one that isn't being used somewhere.

Okay, here's my contribution. If you like it, I can hook you up with it and all your other graphics for some mere chump change. I was just aiming for your logo - not your web page graphic with the one or two Hondas you wanted in it.

Mary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo.jpg (24.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #13
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I hate to say this, but look what I found:
http://www.nextlevelmotorsports.com/

I doubt its copyrighted, but you may want to reconsider your name. I did a exact phrase google search and came up with about 4 results, so that name is somewhat out there.

just something to think about.

Well...thats the story of my life...they have the whole website name too...I could always do like nlmotorsports....like Aperio said it's goin to be next to impossible i think...Any other names to keep in mind the Next Level theme...Performance Parts...hmm....shi'ite
Old 02-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #14
Aperio

Just because there's another shop out there using the name, doesn't mean you can't use it as well. That was my point. Find a shop that is a locally owned shop where you live and chances are, if you plug the name into Google (or whatever) you'll find out it exists somewhere else.

As long as there are no other same-name businesses in your same city/county/state or whatever, you should be fine.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:53 PM   #15
zm_dawg

Re: Logo for sale... cheap ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aperio
I wouldn't worry about the name - chances are, you'd have a nearly impossible time finding one that isn't being used somewhere.

Okay, here's my contribution. If you like it, I can hook you up with it and all your other graphics for some mere chump change. I was just aiming for your logo - not your web page graphic with the one or two Hondas you wanted in it.

Mary

nice idea.....only bad thing is if it's used kinda want to go with something else unless i could somehow get that website...that site contains nothin but who knows.....another thing is...i really liked that business card and kinda want somethin to tie into that...any other ideas are appreciated....or name suggestions involving Next Level....
Old 02-11-2003, 05:06 PM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Next Level Performance ShizNit

Zenman Peformace (put you last name) sounds cool to me

Old 02-11-2003, 05:13 PM   #17
zm_dawg

Quote:
Next Level Performance ShizNit

Zenman Peformace (put you last name) sounds cool to me

Hey mister......it's Zeman lol...it just doesn't sound right to me...
Next Level Motorsports.......Next Level Performance Parts.......
thing is if i use motorsports...i'll have to think of a way to abbreviate the website name.....which i guess won't be to hard.....
just how my life goes guys....i'm not sittin home for the last 2 months cuase i chose too lol...wish I could get back to work.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i dunno zeman performance motorsports sounds good to me. and the website coud be zemanperf.com

Old 02-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and it sounds a lot better if u put a jamaican accent to it.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #20
zm_dawg

Quote:
and it sounds a lot better if u put a jamaican accent to it.

I don't know about the accent...but your pushin it onto me lol.....
I guess in some way....it'd be cool to have my own business....and why shouldn't I make my name..a trademark of the business.....I'm like a rapper comin from the ghetto doing what it takes to put food on the table in a sense....well I have the determination and confidence like they do.....sorry just watched Jay-Z Driven show....he never quit.....this is the thing I wanna do.....
hey honda.....or anyone.....you think of a clean professional slogan to go with it? It doesn't make it sound like it's my own custom parts does it.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:52 PM   #21
blind34_1

either way though, you prolly wont have any problems with the nextlevelperformance.com people. Considering I did a pretty comprehensive search, and found only one site, porrly madea t that, I'd say you can still safely use it. I just wanted you to be aware of someone else with the same name.

Personally, I always liked the idea of using your last name. Of course it sounds strange to you, because you've heard that name all your life. But Zeman is a cool sounding name, and using that for a business will be unique. Zeman Performance, Zemotorsports, it all sounds great.

what about Zeman Level Performance? it means your taking performance beyond the next level, your taking it to the Zeman level!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:03 AM   #22
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
either way though, you prolly wont have any problems with the nextlevelperformance.com people. Considering I did a pretty comprehensive search, and found only one site, porrly madea t that, I'd say you can still safely use it. I just wanted you to be aware of someone else with the same name.

Personally, I always liked the idea of using your last name. Of course it sounds strange to you, because you've heard that name all your life. But Zeman is a cool sounding name, and using that for a business will be unique. Zeman Performance, Zemotorsports, it all sounds great.

what about Zeman Level Performance? it means your taking performance beyond the next level, your taking it to the Zeman level!

If i'd use it...it wouldn't be Zemotorsports lol...Zeman Performance Motorsports maybe.....i guess your right about me hearing it my whole life and all....but Zeman level is to much....i haven't ever really worked on a car....although I know if i had too I would take the time to do it carefully and do what it takes to get it done.....thats why I'm not so hot on installs right away....I don't even have a car right now.....had a 2000 Civic but totalled it and still haven't found the right car at the right price to do a swap in...everything seems so much....people are gettin $3k for older civics....and i just didn't expect that.....but yeah maybe...maybe I can still use like one of the next level slogans....taking performance to the next level or somethin....Or like you said....still using Next Level Motorsports....just think of a creative URL for the site.....
Old 02-12-2003, 12:20 AM   #23
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
i dunno zeman performance motorsports sounds good to me. and the website coud be zemanperf.com

I agree. Next level is too generic and overused. I'd go with something original that people will remember.

Its pronounced Zeeman, right? Sounds like a good name to me.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #24
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I personally like Zeman Motorsports.. Its simple, effective and easy. Not to mention, there wont be many others out there.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #25
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I agree. Next level is too generic and overused. I'd go with something original that people will remember.

Its pronounced Zeeman, right? Sounds like a good name to me.

Yes it is prounounced with a long E.....I guess.....thats what the consumers want...and i believe ya'll will be the consumers....haha...
Anyone think of any.....slogans......or help out with graphic....
Tonitrous.....whats a brotha gotta do for a business card idea.....can we make a little business logo using Z & M? tie into creatively i don't know? lol
lets pull this shi'ite together so I can get this thing on the road....
Old 02-12-2003, 04:01 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

How bout this one..

Zeman Motorsports.. If you want speed come Z me..

Sorry, that was bad.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:42 PM   #27
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
How bout this one..

Sorry, that was bad.

whoa man....don't need one quite yet.....so take your time on the next try lol :P.....just imagination though haha
Old 02-13-2003, 08:26 AM   #28
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
How bout this one..

Sorry, that was bad.

LMAO. that was funny

Old 02-13-2003, 03:16 PM   #29
zm_dawg

My friend from the beginning....has put a name out for me to use but....i don't know.....is it right
"Nub's NarCARtics"
My nickname is nub,nubby,nublet.....because I was born with spindabifida...and the most common symptom is a clubbed foot. Well I was surgically repaired and am alive and living like everyone else....thank the lord....but my right calf is small so is my foot....good almost 2 sizes i'd say....lol...I have a great sense of humor and this is why I'm nub.....the dam thing just can't grow.
Now....is that name politically correct.....not that I wanna sponsor drugs....but it's catchy and edgey....what about a slogan i asked...
"So addictive.....you'll need to come back"
I was like whoa...this works...but how does the general public view this? I dont' need to go open up shop and have protestors outside my door.....but maybe i'd make the New York Times lol...
Gimme your thoughts....i'm very intrigued by it.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:48 PM   #30
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Its funny, and catchy.. But how many people would take you as being a serious business man?:o
Old 02-13-2003, 10:08 PM   #31
zm_dawg

right on man.....very understood just puttin it out there lol....constructive criticism is a must.....so we're back to......names?
Zeman motorsports......Next Level?
Shi'ite...why can't i just have a dream of being succesful and look at the billboard outside the shop lol
Old 02-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #32
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Zeman Motorsport. that sound cool

Old 02-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #33
zm_dawg

Quote:
Zeman Motorsport. that sound cool

Then the hard part...a slogan....lol...honda shit.....this is quite the journey...i guess slogan doesn't need to involve the company name....sure someone's goin to think of somethin
Old 02-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #34
blind34_1

Your low price solution to performace parts

eh.. needs work