::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
c0ng0 b0ng0

wing that helps with horsepower

I need a wing for my civic si (it is a 2002) but I dont want it to be too small. The smaller ones don't help as much. i need one that gives the most downforce can anyone help me with that?

also I don't know how to install one.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
AkimboStylee

^is he a retard? get a dual deck 52 inch wide 9 inch riser alluminum wing, that way your rwd civic has enough down forc............
Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
Senshi

hahahhahahaha, dude dont' fucking worry about a wing, NO WING NO WING, make it look smooth wings are for looks not downforce, at least on a civic
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 AM   #4
c0ng0 b0ng0

so, wait, your saying i should get no wing for my car at all? they dont help? all the cars in 2 fast 2 furrious (and other movies) had wings i think the people that made those movies did quite a bit of research before making them

all the web sites say that wings help with downforce anyway can you tell me why you say dont get one
Old 03-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Let me save you a lot of agony, anguish, and flaming:
Fast and the Furious is not real
Nothing in them is even remotely accurate....nothing
95% of the import world (real world) hates those movies because of the bad image it gives us

Wings on front wheel drive cars does nothing to improve performance on the street. If you were a road racer (not street...I mean pro racing on a circuit) then a wing would help you out. Daily driving w/ a massive stupid wing is not only ugly, pointless, and a waste of time, but you will get totally ridiculed and made fun of for having something like that.

Wings do provide downforce, that is very true...so would a park bench (which is essentially what most of the aftermarket ones are...).
Think of it this way:
You drive a front wheel drive car. Why would you want to add downforce to the rear wheels?
In daily driving do you WANT or NEED more force on your car?
Once you get up to a certain speed, the wing comes into effect...around 45mph. Now, most places that is the top speed limit for city streets, maybe 50. To go over that you would need to be on a highway...thats 75mph max. When would added downforce come into effect in ANY of those scenarios?
It wouldnt...plain and simple

If ANYTHING, you would want a wing that sat on the hood of the car. But here on earth, people just call that "stupid", "ugly" and "oh my god what an idiot".
They also make front bumper canards that sit off to the sides of the bumper which aid in pushing the front end downward. This would be an improvement for a fwd car...however, again in the daily driving world, it would really change the way the car picked up speed...in a bad way...it would slow you down.

All these aftermarket things are based of pro race equipment for long road courses and at high speeds over 50mph most of the time, if not even higher. These parts do NOTHING for our daily vehicles execpt to hinder actual street performance and make people point fingers and snicker or laugh out loud.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

downforce is not horsepower

andthe only real purpose of a big wing on the back is to block the light from the assholes driving with the hi-beams on.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
Sivik

as everyone else said... why???? wings are over rated. FF is a movie, and Hollywood wants looks. That what those wings are... looks. Now if you were a track racer or something, then a different story, but still pointless if you have FWD. all that "downforce" will make your car look like a ghetto rider...

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
AkimboStylee

i will admit there are a couple cars where the erector set matches the car, i will get some pics:
Old 04-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #9
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by c0ng0 b0ng0
all the web sites say that wings help with downforce anyway can you tell me why you say dont get one

Let me teach a lesson here:

(bear in mind i am 18)

Back in NAM when i was fighting the VC's and stepped on a land mine. When i woke i was in the hospital. They said i have 2 options. 1) i could have them cut off my leg and be like that. 2) i could let them cut my leg off and extend my pecker to take up the extra length so i would be off balance. Which do you think i took? My pecker that is the length of my leg is a good conversation piece.

lesson: Dot beleive everything on the internet webpages.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote