::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2002, 04:34 AM   #1
MrCLoWnY

UPdate to my car

I just went to the body shop today to see how things were going. They said two of my rims are unfixable and i need to buy new rims now. Shoot! I have no money to buy it . i'll let you guys know whats up with the rims but my car will be ready monday.

But here are the parts that im going to be pickin up on tuesday.

Greddy Profec B
Greddy 2mm Headgasket
Fluedyne Radiator
Electric Fan
B&M Oil Cooler
B&m Oil Thermostat
MSD FULL IGNITION
HOLLY 255 Fuel Pump
STR Block Guard.
ACT CLUTCH STAGE 3

TOTAL COST $1700

The Stupid Greddy Type v 24 Intercooler is on backorder and will not come in for couple of weeks. = ( .

But yeah, Im gonna boost 8 lbs and with the intercooler installed im hoping to run low 14's. What do you guys think???
Old 03-01-2002, 07:07 AM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

That sucks about your rims man. After seeing the list its no wonder you don't have the cash flow.

Looks like you're getting a pretty good deal on you stuff though. Which MSD ignition are you getting? Let me know how you like that clutch.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sorry to hear about your rims Clowny. Do you still have your stockers to put back on?

Congrats on everything else, that should be a nice setup when you get that intercooler installed.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
juvenile

What does your car run stock?
Old 03-02-2002, 06:57 PM   #5
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Sorry to hear about your rims Clowny. Do you still have your stockers to put back on?

Congrats on everything else, that should be a nice setup when you get that intercooler installed.

nO STOCKERS. Sold em long time ago when i bought my car. But yeah, im looking into some rims right now. Im thinkin maybe VOlks or Raching harts but we'll see. I'll let you guys know..
Old 03-02-2002, 09:59 PM   #6
Boosted3g

low 14s shouldnt be no problem even on street tires. Forget the RH or the Volks just get Rotas. Cant beat the price or the weight.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:12 PM   #7
MrCLoWnY

DAM.. Seems like i just been through hell n back. I just moved back to my parent's house. Lost my cell phone. and That THING we call school. GRrRr.. Neways. Here is an update to my car..

1) I just got new rims for my car. I bought some used 16in SSR GPO's = ). I always wanted it and now i have it. I paid $875 with good tires.

2) I took my head off my car last week to find out that my block is toasted. The cylinder walls or the sleeves were all messed up. So i had no choice but to give JG a call and i ordered my BLOCK. = )....the cost of the block is $2000. Im going to JG on thursday to give them the money so they can start making my block.......

I am thinking of going 9:1 compression. And probably will boost 1 bar. Im also thinking of squeezing a 100 shot of nos. or getting a bigger turbo and boosting 25lbs or more....... Do you guys think that this is a good compression??? or should i go with 8:5... I neeed your opionions. Thanks........
Old 03-20-2002, 12:42 AM   #8
turbod97ex

I like what I see MatT3T4 saying about building engines on your grocery getter. He thinks it is for suckers and I see the valid points he makes. Here is a quote from one of his posts on Hondavision - http://www.hondavision.com/showthrea...5&pagenumber=2
Quote:
Sup man, good to see you here.

Ok, now generally, 350hp is where you want to start watching your ass...big time. The B-series blocks are ****ing strong as hell. I totally believe that he made that power on the stock block.

You can make tons of power on your motor. Especially with the standalone. Make sure you have ample fuel and ignition, and tune your car, and you will be cool. With the built head, you will be even better off. I don't know about the Crower cams though, too many people lately have been blowing them apart...but I heard that was a bad batch...

Put it this way...You will be able to safely make MUCH MORE POWER than you can EVER use on the street. Don't even sweat that...

In other words, Clowny, I would spend my money on a stock B16A and Hondata. Tune it to run at least 10 psi on the street and 1 bar on the track. Matt has me convinced that you don't need to spend large wads of cash on an engine to go fast. Now, if you just had to stick with the d16 engine, yeah, you better build it.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:04 AM   #9
Ex-Tdo4

Clowny

sup man, about the block that JG is gonna do, is 2000.00 your price? So if i wanted JG to do my block, how much would it be for me? Or is that just their price? ABout your compression, i think you should go with 9to1 or maybe even higher. Lower compression will only make your car go slower. Trust me the crower rods and Je pistons will handle the high compression with good tuning. YOu'll also need to sleeve your block. If JG builds a block for you, you'll be able to handle more power with it than just 1 bar with the greddy kit. So why not just get higher compression with the greddy kit, you'll love it even better. If you don't believe me, just ask MatT3T4, he agrees with me on this subject. THe greddy td04h turbo can be upgraded to a size equivalent to a t3super60, which can see boost up to about 18psi. SO thats my plan, go with higher compression maybe like 10.2:1 and upgrade my turbo. That should yield me for timeslips deep in the 12's. maybe 11's with drags or slicks on 18 psi.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:00 AM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

cLowNy which MSD system did you get? i'm getting ready to purchase an MSD 6AL and Blaster 2 (or SS). i also suggest that u get an RC 370cc at least. your stock injectors will still be ok but you'll be better off getting a bigger size one. the 255LPH will push, but the restriction on the injectors may not help.....peace!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:54 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
cLowNy which MSD system did you get? i'm getting ready to purchase an MSD 6AL and Blaster 2 (or SS). i also suggest that u get an RC 370cc at least. your stock injectors will still be ok but you'll be better off getting a bigger size one. the 255LPH will push, but the restriction on the injectors may not help.....peace!

thermal why the 6AL over the 6BTM? Get the Blaster 2 (or 3) coil.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:54 PM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

thermal why the 6AL over the 6BTM? Get the Blaster 2 (or 3) coil.
6BTM is a little too much for me at the moment. i'm on the same boat as cLoWny, i ruined my POS rims. i may still go with 6BTM if i can sell my rims to someone.......peace

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:14 PM   #13
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16

i got the MSD SCI.. I heard that it is the same as the 6AL. I also got the blaster 2 coil. I was thinking of getting the MSD BTM but i figured i won't need it since i will be getting a standalone soon. ALso i got my stock injectors cleaned at RC Engineering for $80. I know i need to get some bigger injectors but i cant afford it right now. My JG block is going to be ready in a week or two.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:48 AM   #14
xbird

COOL

hey, Mrclowny !
where have u been??
i have been looking for u...

how's ur car?? good luck with it

email me at ywcheung@shaw.ca
i still want my clear corners
Old 04-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #15
turbod97ex

Hey Thermal, I can't get a good deal on the MSD stuff, at least no better than what you could get at ImportParts.com. Sorry. I can get killer deals on Hondata and Greddy stuff though.

You guys that are planning on going turbo need to really plan on what you will do about engine management way in advance. Check out this link on my website and compare the price of standalone and with the traditional setups - http://www.turbocivic.net/prices.htm Standalone is cheaper and better in the long run.