.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2001, 11:09 PM   #1
jcs91mr2

Anybody done performance mods on 7th gen?

Anybody? I'm about to get a 2002 civic ex coupe.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
Knowledge

Wait just a few more weeks. The new 2002 Civic Si will be here and it shares the same engine as the RSX (Not the Type S but still a DOHC). There will be lots of aftermarket for the i-VTEC so if you want a Euro-styled hatchback with Japanese longevity, the new Si is the way to go.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:11 AM   #3
darkcivic

Hey man I have a 7th gen and there are mods avalible, just not tons of them. You can get several intakes, headers and exhaust and other things such as indiglow gauges (if you like that sort of thing). I'm sure if you were planning to get an EX than you don't have an extra $5- $6,000 to get an Si as earlier mentioned, plus there won't be any mods for that thing for a long time. Check out 2k1civic.com for tons of links to sites with 7th gen mods. Good luck and congrats!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg darkcivic.jpg (62.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 11-07-2001, 02:17 PM   #4
BiancaCivic21

i added some stickers to my 7th gen...guaranteed to add 10+hp

but no i havent added anything to my car yet...i keep getting tempted tho.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by Knowledge
Wait just a few more weeks. The new 2002 Civic Si will be here and it shares the same engine as the RSX (Not the Type S but still a DOHC)...
Originally posted on Edmunds.com

...The current-generation Civic debuted in 2001. We've performed a road test of both the sedan and coupe. The cars generally impressed us, but the enthusiast drivers on our staff complained that much of the Civic's sporting character was gone. Honda had changed the front double-wishbone suspension to a MacPherson strut design [blah, blah, blah...]

...Honda's main goals in developing the body of the [2002] Civic Si included high rigidity, an energy-absorbing structure and excellent fit and finish. High body rigidity is very important for a sport-oriented car, as it enhances handling by allowing the suspension systems to work more effectively.

...The downside to this rigid body is that it [Oink, Oink!!!] plumps out the car's curb weight considerably. It is listed at 2,744 pounds [YIKES!!!], about 200 to 250 pounds more than one might expect for this size and class of vehicle. For comparison, a 2002 Mini Cooper weighs about 2,480 pounds and a 2002 Ford ZX3 weighs 2,598 pounds.

[Another comparison; that's like carrying one of these in your back seat:]
Want an even more sobering comparison? When new, an '85 Civic S weighed 1,907 pounds and a '91 CRX checked in at 2,175 pounds. Excess body weight might be good for the bottom line at Metabolife, but for performance cars, it's enemy number one.

[More sobering yet; that's like carrying three of these in your back seat:]

... after driving the car, there's a feeling that the original Si spirit has been overshadowed by Honda's more modern goals of extra room, better safety and additional creature comforts. The new Si is no longer a willing partner to being whipped around corners. The engine, too, doesn't fit the old mold. Though certainly by design, it doesn't eagerly give off an extra burst of speed like the old VTEC-equipped Civic Si coupe used to.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 10:25 AM   #6
jcs91mr2

Thanks, for the suggestions. I will probaly wait and see if anyone develops a supercharger for the ex.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:49 AM   #7
darkcivic

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
Originally posted on Edmunds.com

...The current-generation Civic debuted in 2001. We've performed a road test of both the sedan and coupe. The cars generally impressed us, but the enthusiast drivers on our staff complained that much of the Civic's sporting character was gone. Honda had changed the front double-wishbone suspension to a MacPherson strut design [blah, blah, blah...]

...Honda's main goals in developing the body of the [2002] Civic Si included high rigidity, an energy-absorbing structure and excellent fit and finish. High body rigidity is very important for a sport-oriented car, as it enhances handling by allowing the suspension systems to work more effectively.

...The downside to this rigid body is that it [Oink, Oink!!!] plumps out the car's curb weight considerably. It is listed at 2,744 pounds [YIKES!!!], about 200 to 250 pounds more than one might expect for this size and class of vehicle. For comparison, a 2002 Mini Cooper weighs about 2,480 pounds and a 2002 Ford ZX3 weighs 2,598 pounds.

[Another comparison; that's like carrying one of these in your back seat:]
Want an even more sobering comparison? When new, an '85 Civic S weighed 1,907 pounds and a '91 CRX checked in at 2,175 pounds. Excess body weight might be good for the bottom line at Metabolife, but for performance cars, it's enemy number one.

[More sobering yet; that's like carrying three of these in your back seat:]

... after driving the car, there's a feeling that the original Si spirit has been overshadowed by Honda's more modern goals of extra room, better safety and additional creature comforts. The new Si is no longer a willing partner to being whipped around corners. The engine, too, doesn't fit the old mold. Though certainly by design, it doesn't eagerly give off an extra burst of speed like the old VTEC-equipped Civic Si coupe used to.
Wow! Somones got a lot of spare time on their hands. What to design a web page for me?