::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
V8killimports

My 94 Civic Won't Start

For a few years now we have had a problem with our 94 Civic where you would stop at a light and the engine would try to die. If you gave it a little gas sometimes it would keep going, but sometimes it would just die and you would have to wait 10 minutes or so for it to start. It would only do this every number of months or so.

Anyways, a month ago my wife was driving down a 55mph road and she said the car was trying to die going 55mph, so she tried to give it more gas and it continued to die. We took it to a shop and they have no idea what is wrong. The car won't start at all now. They claim there is no compression on ANY cyl I guess, but everything else shows fine. Car never can close to overheating or having any other problems.. anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on with this thing.

1994 Honda Civic Si
235,000 miles
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Sounds like a battery/plug issue I had on my old car... but then w/ no compression? Strange...almost to the point that they didnt do it right.
I just woke up, but I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
AzCivic

with 1/4million miles on the car it could be just something simple that needs to be replaced with time unless routine maintenance has been kept.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
JDMFantasy2k

yeah make sure the compression test was done correctly cause compression is very important (obviously). umm possibly your cam timing could have gotten out of adjustment somehow? possibly skipped a couple teeth. So have that checked. Also check the head gasket and then have them do a spark test to make sure that your ignition system is still sufficient. Once you make sure you have spark and compression, the fuel and air should do the rest
Old 08-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
V8killimports

Well what gets me, is if there is no compression on any cyl there would have to be something wrong with each cyl meaning head gasket blowing on each cyl correct?

Timing has been checked and is fine.. I believe it's a fuel/spark problem and he fucked up the compression test.. we'll see I guess.. anyone have any other suggestions?
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

If your headgasket was blown, youd be over heating and there would be oil in the coolant (and vice versa)...I guess you could look at that.
Im going to say its a spark issue AND the test was fucked. Check out the plugs, rotor, and wires, and even the battery and its wires.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote