::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
MacRulzMan

Mirror replacement

Tonight to avoid an accident I had to swerve and I nicked an orange barrel with my passenger mirror. The housing and motor are fine, but the actual mirror is cracked. Is there any way to obtain a replacement glass? It's a 1993 Accord LX
Old 08-17-2002, 06:25 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i tried looking for glass when i banged my car in the garage, but i couldn't find any. i ended up buying a new mirror with case and everything from www.autobodypartsonline.com

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 07:41 AM   #3
MacRulzMan

Thanks. That's the cheapest I've seen them, so I guess I'll buy one from there. There's no color selection, so I'm assuming it comes unpainted. Anyone know where I can obtain paint to paint it? I have the OEM dark grey/brown color with maroon interior.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #4
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by MacRulzMan
Thanks. That's the cheapest I've seen them, so I guess I'll buy one from there. There's no color selection, so I'm assuming it comes unpainted. Anyone know where I can obtain paint to paint it? I have the OEM dark grey/brown color with maroon interior.

I got touch up paint from a store that specializes in auto paint. My car is a weird two toned color. It's green but if you look at it at certain angles it looks like a gray/purple. It's a stock color. I'm not sure of the name. But anyway, be really careful with painting and doing it yourself because from my expieriences that I've had (and I tried a few different ones) it sucks. Just make sure you test it out first and see what the color is going to look like once it dries before you do all of it
Old 08-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #5
MacRulzMan

How much would it cost to have a shop paint it?
Old 08-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #6
msvtec14

Quote:
How much would it cost to have a shop paint it?

Hmmm...well, I have yet to get my type R grill and that still has to get put on. The quote that I got for that to be painted was $40/$50. It's not the same size as a mirror but it's got to be somewhere in that area. Are you going to put in on yourself?
Old 08-17-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
MacRulzMan

Yeah, installing it myself shouldn't be a problem. I just don't want it to look like crap like it prolly would if I painted it
Old 08-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

try checking out some auto shops in your area to see if they have your color in a can..

cause painting with a brush isnt the best idea..

Use an adhesive promoter, paint, and finish off with a few clear coats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
we dont see you to often around here.. what been upto lately?
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 10:49 AM   #9
msvtec14

Quote:
Yeah, installing it myself shouldn't be a problem. I just don't want it to look like crap like it prolly would if I painted it

I ordered carbon fiber mirrors w/the LED lights for my car a while ago. I got them and I took all of the door paneling off. The damn things did not at all fit where they bolted in. I was so mad. So, I returned then and got different ones. They thought maybe they sent the wrong ones. Then, those didn't fit. So I again got different ones from a different company this time and they still didn't fit where they bolted in. I still don't get it...? I was quite a b*tch about that whole scene. I gave up.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:50 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

or you can get one for 180 from majestic honda the parts store. i don't have the adress here. they are all in my favorites in my computer at home and i'll get there in about 2 weeks. aboutthe paint it's kid of hard to find paint for it. just the touch up with a brush from duplicolor

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote