::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2002, 05:14 PM   #1
xtac

Need Help On 97 Ex!

Ok so I just turned 17 and I really don't know shit about cars.Ok since I got that out of the way my pops just gave me his 97 honda accord,and right now it looks plain, it drives great but I see everyone in school/online always talkling about how they hooked up there cars and what not. Well I just found this site and decided to ask you guys what type of things can I do to this vehicle? Money isnt a problem as long as it's what I wanna do il get it done.If you guys have pictures or websites surely devoted to this model/make then post it,other wise can you guys reply back on things I should do,IM NOT GOING TO RACE SO SPEED IS NOT REALLY SOMETHING I WANT YET! but here are some things I think I already need:

1) new rims/know nothing about rims but I know I need them
2) New system
3) woodpaneling inside
4) possibly tints,gray ones
5) clear lights
6)new seatbelts/mats and stearing wheel cloth

uhm that's about it really? sorry If I didnt make that much sense,kinda in a rush but thanks in advance

*note again,I know SHIT about cars
Old 08-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

welcome aboard!

1- if you want bigger rims, 17 x 7 is the ideal size.
for the tires you'll use 215/45/17, you'll need the extra protection.

2- system, well thats one hell of a long discussion..

3- wood, looks bad for our cars , IMO..

4- go ahead, dont get anything too dark, otherwise the cops wont leave ya alone

5- yup thats fine.

6- seatbelt straps are ghey IMO... steering wheel cloth? Nuh, gotta change the steering wheel.

When you actually think of doing each modification, we'll talk more elaborately.

JP
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:29 PM   #3
spoogenet

First off, welcome to HondaStyle!

There are tons of things you can do o a 5th gen like what you've got. There are plenty of engine mods if you decide you do want more speed, and there are plenty of eyecandy mods if you want the look and style. For engine mods you can either do an engine swap for a more powerful one, you can plan on getting an FI setup, or you can slap on the basic bolt ons (intake/headers/exhaust) and a few others to gain more power.

For rims, that's totally a matter of preference. You'll have to get something you think will look good on your ride. You need to decide on the size wheel you want, for Accords 17" will be a good size, I personally prefer 18". Then you need to check around and see what styles you like. If you haven't seen many then I'd recommend you go pick up an issue of SuperStreet or SportCompactCar or something and check out the wheel ads that litter the pages of the mags. They will also give you a good place to start to easily check out a bunch of different aftermarket parts available.....although bear in mind that not all of them are available for your specific car. But it's a good place to start where everything's in one place. Also hit the Wheels, Tires & Suspension forum. Also check out the sections on tires, good wraps are essential. You may want to look into lowering the car if you change wheels....it'll fill up your fender gaps and make the car look better.

System....that's gonna depend on what kind of music you listen to, how much stuff you want to replace, etc etc etc. I don't have one yet, but you may want to start checking up on the Sound Systems forum.

Haven't seen many people do woodpaneling in their rides. Check out the Interior Mods forum and see what peeps have to say in there.

For tint, I'd recommend getting it done professionally. Find some people around town who have a nice tint job and find out where they got it done. Expect to pay in the range of $150-$300 depending on what type you go with and who does it.

Clear lights....you can either buy a set or do them yourself. If you buy a set I'd recommend getting true JDM lights, they're more expensive but they are OEM in Japan, so they'll give you a far superior beam pattern than any aftermarket light I know of. The cheapest way, though, is to grab and oven and do it yourself. Search around on the forum, there have been plenty of discussions about it. Check the How-To section.

I hope this gives you a little info to start with....damn, I sound like an ad for this site though, don't I?

b
Old 08-16-2002, 06:25 PM   #4
xtac

thanks guys,looking into rims,I also want to find out about having a laptop in your car,what it can do for you.Since I'm heavily into the computer tech and am a webmaster I like to have some wireless support,check out this link,I would like something like this

http://snow.prohosting.com/~ebay10/5053_66_full.jpg

im checking out the other forums too thanks,keep the replies coming!