::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2002, 05:44 AM   #1
accord98lx

Warranty

Ok I Bought a 3 years warranty for my 98 accord with a FORD dealership. that warranty cost me $1,200. I can cancel anytime.

Now the other day, I brought my car in to check the brakes. They had to replace the rotors and brake pads because it was wearing off. I ended up paying $140 and Im wondering to myself WHY DIDNT MY WARRANTY COVERD THIS.

Here why, obviously they dont cover "wear and tear". But thats not even the worst part. They also have a $100 DEDUCTIBLE. that means everytime the car goes in for repair, I end up paying $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I told my uncle I wanted to cancel the warranty. (Uncle is Vice President of the local ford company) He told me not to because if something goes wrong, repairs would cost me more then 1.2k dollars. Now the question is..during this 3 year of my warranty, Would i need repairs of 1.2k dollar? Like what if my engine goes BOOM! Obviously thats more then 1k dollar.

Should I cancel or no!!??!
Old 08-09-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude you need to read that carefully. first of all see how much they are gonna pay up to a specific amount, for the life of the warranty. usually the wear and tear items are not covered ( brake pads, rotors, hoses, fluids). also items that are damaged due to a colission are not covered. i can't say you are gonna need the warranty or not because i don't know what condition the car is in. if the car was poorly maintained you might need it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote