::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2002, 08:28 AM   #1
msvtec14

Listen To This!!!

Yesterday, I had to get an alignment done on my car due to the fact that it is lowered. I had them rotate my tires. I was leaving this bar last night to go to another bar and I heard this awful noise, my whole car started shaking, and it was pulling off to the right. So, I turned around and went back to the bar and checked everything out. On the front passenger side wheel 3 of the lugnuts were almost off. You know how they give you that special little key thing to take off the lugnuts so no one can steal your rims? Of course that was at my dad's garage a half hour away. It was a big ordeal. I was pissed. I'm going to go to the place that did my alignment and raise HELL. What if the wheel fell off while I was driving? How messed up is that? They can look at my tires and tell me that I need a new one here or there but they just leave 3 lugnuts barely on... Maybe they're secretly tring to kill me.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #2
ShEaNy

ok .. id go back in there Demand EVery penny u paid them for this job.or get something free..get the tire fixed/tighten or whatever and storm outa there.... :o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
ok .. id go back in there Demand EVery penny u paid them for this job.or get something free..get the tire fixed/tighten or whatever and storm outa there.... :o

I know, right! How do I prove it though? I'm not a b*tch but I can be when someone messes up my car. THIS is why I hate having other people work on my car. If I go there, they'll probably laugh at me. I should just have my dad or brother go because they're huge.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:38 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

just go in and calmy explain them the situation. if u start acting like a b*tch with them they will do nothing and turn them in assholes.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:44 AM   #5
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
just go in and calmy explain them the situation. if u start acting like a b*tch with them they will do nothing and turn them in assholes.

Yeah, you're right. I know when I'm here at work and someone goes off on me, they're not getting anything from me. But I handle loans. My wheel almost fell off my car. It's sorta hard to be all nice about that. I could've messed up my car really badly and more importantly my friend and I could've gotten hurt. One of the bolt thingys is somewhat stripped now too?? What's up with that?
Old 08-07-2002, 10:05 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah demand them to replace the lug too. it's a long and dificult job, and they gotta do it

Old 08-07-2002, 10:20 AM   #7
msvtec14

Quote:
yeah demand them to replace the lug too. it's a long and dificult job, and they gotta do it

Yeah but wouldn't I have to get the lug from Enkei?? You know that little key thing to undo the lug?? Aren't the lugs specific to my rims due to that factor?
Old 08-07-2002, 10:25 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i don't know how the thng is called in english, i think it's called lug, or stud, but i'm not sure. it's the bolt that comes out of your wheel hub and holds the rim.

Old 08-07-2002, 10:36 AM   #9
msvtec14

Quote:
i don't know how the thng is called in english, i think it's called lug, or stud, but i'm not sure. it's the bolt that comes out of your wheel hub and holds the rim.

Oh...ok, I got ya. I wonder why I thought that. They should have them there?? <That's going to be me when I go there and have to bite my tounge.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:48 AM   #10
spoogenet

I've generally heard it as putting the lugnut on the stud.

b
Old 08-07-2002, 12:24 PM   #11
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I've generally heard it as putting the lugnut on the stud.

b

I just called there and the secretary gave me some B.S. about people being at lunch and she tried saying that it has to do with the fact that they are aluminum rims. That's a bunch of bullshit.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:47 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah aluminum rims have to be retorqued after the first week, but from my understanding it happened after you took the car out of the shop. right

Old 08-07-2002, 01:09 PM   #13
msvtec14

Quote:
yeah aluminum rims have to be retorqued after the first week, but from my understanding it happened after you took the car out of the shop. right

Yeah, after a week is fine. I can do that myself and I'm still going to. But a matter of 6 hours...that's horse shit. It's also scary because I drive fast and there's always that what it...that came pretty close to hapenning.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:51 PM   #14
rakugaki

Quote:
yeah aluminum rims have to be retorqued after the first week

i never new that... why? anyway, the lugs falling off...that's pretty sh''tty on their part.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:06 AM   #15
accorrdd

if they still dont do anything soon, threaten with a lawsuit!! but for now be calm..
Old 08-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #16
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by accorrdd
if they still dont do anything soon, threaten with a lawsuit!! but for now be calm..

Ha ha. Did you ever see those cheesy ass lawyer commercials on T.V? "You've been in an accident and you're not getting all you should from the insurance company. You're injured. Blah blah blah. Call the law offices of blah, blah and blah and we'll fight for you". I SHOULD CALL ONE OF THOSE GUYS. Then all my problems will be solved. They'll fight for me.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:12 AM   #17
SilverCoupe2K1

Yeah maybe...but I DEFINITELY think you shouldn't go in there acting like a...well, you know. Cuz that won't get you anywhere. Also, I know this is a stretch, but did you consider the fact that maybe while you were in the bar, someone tried to steal the mag, and that's why the three regular nuts were off, but the keyed-one wasn't?

Old 08-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverCoupe2K1
Yeah maybe...but I DEFINITELY think you shouldn't go in there acting like a...well, you know. Cuz that won't get you anywhere. Also, I know this is a stretch, but did you consider the fact that maybe while you were in the bar, someone tried to steal the mag, and that's why the three regular nuts were off, but the keyed-one wasn't?

For everyone that has shown concern that I will go in there acting like a B, I promise you all I will not. You attract more bees with honey than vinagar. Listen to this story. I had to pay my cell phone bill by this Sunday. On Saturday evening I tried numerous time's to do it on Cingular's automated system but it would not accept my payment. I seriously tried like 4 times. Because I was late, they turned my phone off on Sunday and there was a $36 charge to restore my service. Well, HEY that's not my problem that their system wasn't working. So, I went to Cingular and was really nice to the guy, explained my situation and told him that I tried. In addition to waiving the $36 fee, this guy gave me a $75 courtesy credit because he felt bad for me because my bills are always really high. I wrote a letter about him to Cingular. It's the same thing when I get pulled over. I'm as sweet as pie. As long as your nice, they won't bust your ass. SORRY HONDAMAN, I'm not trying to get off topic but this is Accord related.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:04 PM   #19
accorrdd

i can barely see how it relates..lol..
Old 08-08-2002, 12:18 PM   #20
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by accorrdd
i can barely see how it relates..lol..

Ok, well maybe you're right but I was just using that as an example of why I should behave when I go to the place that did my alignment that almost caused an accident because my wheel was falling off.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:19 PM   #21
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverCoupe2K1

All the nuts are keyed though...?
Old 08-08-2002, 12:32 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

usually the nuts re regular except one per wheel.

Old 08-08-2002, 12:33 PM   #23
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

SORRY HONDAMAN, I'm not trying to get off topic but this is Accord related.

that's not the point. i closed the other thread because there were 5-6 posts on topic and the rest up to 2 pages were just postwhoring

Old 08-08-2002, 12:47 PM   #24
msvtec14

Quote:

that's not the point. i closed the other thread because there were 5-6 posts on topic and the rest up to 2 pages were just postwhoring

I was whoring. I was sharing. Sharing is caring Hey, can I get a special oil pan that's more durable than my stock one. I'm so scared that I'm going to bottom out and put a hole in it.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:43 PM   #25
accordboy00

That sucks and all, but what if somebody was trying to jack your tires, but stopped when they realixed there were security lugs. Just a thought.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:37 AM   #26
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by accordboy00
That sucks and all, but what if somebody was trying to jack your tires, but stopped when they realixed there were security lugs. Just a thought.

I know...that actually just hapenned to my boss and that's what he said to me too. This may sound really dumb on my part but I don't have an alarm. I'm going to buy one today I think.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:25 AM   #27
XdiscontensionX

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

I know...that actually just hapenned to my boss and that's what he said to me too. This may sound really dumb on my part but I don't have an alarm. I'm going to buy one today I think.

good idea - be sure to get level sensors to protect your wheels. just don't get it installed at boomer's. i made that mistake w/ mine.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:13 PM   #28
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by XdiscontensionX

good idea - be sure to get level sensors to protect your wheels. just don't get it installed at boomer's. i made that mistake w/ mine.

You know the picture you have over there on the little box? Perhaps I should just stick one like that of myself on one of my windows and that will scare people off . So, how did you make out with your headlights?