::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2002, 06:53 PM   #1
gee

my 99 LX coupe

Hey guys, I've recently bought a used '99 Accord LX 4-cyl Coupe. I've attached 3 pics of it below. Basically it just has the spoiler, the body kit, and the indiglo odometer, etc. added to it.

I'm looking to put some mods on the car, but trying not to spend too much money at the same time. I realize that it's just a 4-cylinder, so there isn't that much sense in trying to increase HP, etc. Maybe some aesthetic and interior mods? What do you guys think? Thanks!

Also, sorry if the pics take a while to load.

-gee

Old 04-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Looks nice man, what are you're plans for it?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
gee

don't really know...

The thing is I don't really know what to do with it....

I was thinking about cold air intake, exhaust, etc... but that's pretty expensive. And I feel that with the 4-cylinder, the HP is really limited. So probably for me, performance mods aren't really worth it at this point. I'm looking at more accessory/aesthetic mods.

So I've been looking at some racing pedals, trim kit for the dash, and perhaps a slightly larger spoiler. What do you guys think... any other ideas worth considering?

Thanks...
Old 04-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

rims, a custom exhaust, ble headlights

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 09:12 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: don't really know...

Quote:
Originally posted by gee

So I've been looking at some racing pedals, trim kit for the dash, and perhaps a slightly larger spoiler. What do you guys think... any other ideas worth considering?

Thanks...

Screw the larger spoiler, get rims and a drop. That is the best thing you will do for the looks of your car. Then get small things like pedals, shift knob, gauges, etc.

Old 04-07-2002, 10:01 PM   #6
gee

Re: Re: don't really know...

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

Screw the larger spoiler, get rims and a drop. That is the best thing you will do for the looks of your car...

Which rims do you guys suggest? "94_AcCoRd_EX", what kind you got? I'm wondering cuz I read that some get bent and stuff pretty easily. Which brands are known to be durable, etc?

thks
Old 04-07-2002, 10:58 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: Re: Re: don't really know...

Quote:
Originally posted by gee

Which rims do you guys suggest? "94_AcCoRd_EX", what kind you got? I'm wondering cuz I read that some get bent and stuff pretty easily. Which brands are known to be durable, etc?

thks

I suggest that you scour the internet and find something that looks great to you. I like Racing Hart wheels personally, but it really depends how much you are willing to spend. I am still running stock wheels but that's because I want to do performance stuff first.

Old 04-07-2002, 11:59 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: don't really know...

If you want some looks, drop it & get some rims. That's always a good starting point. I like the Konig Tantrums or Motegis personally.....
Quote:
Originally posted by gee
...And I feel that with the 4-cylinder, the HP is really limited.

Not hardly.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:05 AM   #9
gee

I got 15" wheels right now...

If I get new rims, does that mean I need new tires? Or do all 15" tires fit all 15"wheels?

Or should I get bigger wheels.. hehe
Old 04-08-2002, 01:30 AM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by gee

Or should I get bigger wheels.. hehe

Since you're going for a better look, you need bigger wheels. If you want to stay moderate, go for 17". You'll also see a good performance increase if you get new wheels/tires, and a drop.

Old 04-08-2002, 01:00 PM   #11
iamsparticuz

Is there any limit to the size rims and tires you can get? If i was to get dubs(which im not)and tires, would they fit in the wheel space provided?
Old 04-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by iamsparticuz
Is there any limit to the size rims and tires you can get? If i was to get dubs(which im not)and tires, would they fit in the wheel space provided?

I believe 18's are the limit. Not sure though.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:27 PM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by iamsparticuz

I've seen pictures one black 6th gen on 20s, but it had major work done. 18s are no problem, but you might run into probs with 19s. Also, when adding huge rims, weight becomes a major issue, slowing your car down. If you're in it just for looks, get 18s, if you still like speed, go with 17s.

Old 04-08-2002, 03:22 PM   #14
Sk8er20019001

Sweet
Old 04-08-2002, 05:33 PM   #15
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

I've seen pictures one black 6th gen on 20s, but it had major work done. 18s are no problem, but you might run into probs with 19s. Also, when adding huge rims, weight becomes a major issue, slowing your car down. If you're in it just for looks, get 18s, if you still like speed, go with 17s.

True yet sometimes not as relevant....depends on what kind of driving you're doing. Taking off from the line, yeah smaller wheels will weight a lot less and will make you faster, but it doesn't kill you excessively at higher speeds.

Case study:
2 Accords.
1. '95 EX coupe, manual, leather, intake/headers, sway bars, strut tower bar
2. '95 LX coupe, manual, cloth, i/h/e, sway bars, strut tower bar, skunk works coil overs, RH C5 18", Pirelli rubber (IIRC), aftermarket front end, fiberglass touring wing (good for rattling)

From the line. EX faster, as expected.
At highway speeds (like, 80-100 MPH....this is Atlanta highway, ok?)....LX faster. Each with two people, some gear, and LX has lots 'o' stereo equip as well.....can anybody say, aerodynamics?

Moral of the story? Unless you're gonna be doing any serious racing, or need the pride boost to have the fastest ride on the block, go with what you think looks good and gives you the least hassle. As for 18" and maintenance, picture this. 90 MPH on the highway (Atlanta, again....), about 3 inch rise in highway due to new layer being applied recently, smacked into it at full speed (90...for those not paying attention), didn't bend the rim. Killed the ball joint and some other parts of that wheel's suspension, required some welding to keep everything in tact. Wheel just fine.

b
Old 04-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #16
1998HondaCoupe

Hey your car looks good dude! I just recently bought a 1998 Honda Accord EX Coupe w/ V6. It's black just like yours but without the spoiler. When I bought the coupe it came with 18" rims which made it looks really good! 18"'s are expensive but they look really good. I am also thinking of doing some modifications myself. Looking at sway bars or an air intake. Let me know what you decided to do with your car
Old 04-08-2002, 06:38 PM   #17
Jaguar

I have a '99 Honda Accord Lx 5spd 4cyl leather int. and I am going mostly all out racing. Just cuz it is a 4 banger doesn't restrict it. Also I know Accords are heavy and the best thing to do if you go out to the drag strip is take out spare tire. Have stock rims or smaller. Have a gas tank set out by a friends car or something. And have very little gas in the tank and run. I just ran my car stock the other night. At 1000 feet I ran mid 13's like constantly. Not too bad stock. Anyways don't underestimate a 4 banger. Later dude and Happy Honda-ing. P.S.> Don't make it look to ricey. I mean don't make it look fast and then it can't run cuz of the added weight like 18's I mean those look nice but do that only for show.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:21 PM   #18
gee

Anyone got good condition 17" or 18" wheels they're not using and would like to sell?
Old 04-08-2002, 07:25 PM   #19
gee

Oh and hey, 1998HondaCoupe, how much did you get your 98' EX coupe for? Cuz I got mine a couple of weeks ago for 10,800 bux. Do you have pics of yours?

Wish mine was EX V6.. hehe
Old 04-08-2002, 09:27 PM   #20
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by gee
Anyone got good condition 17" or 18" wheels they're not using and would like to sell?

Try the classifieds at www.hondastyle.com/classifieds

Old 08-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #21
1998HondaCoupe

I got my 1998 Honda Accord for $13,500. I have some photos on my listing under 1998HondaCoupe