::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
Civickid0to60

Weapon R dragon Intake review

I recently purchased a brand new red weapon r "dragon" intake. They come with colored filters and tube.

Pros:
-Improves the look of your engine bay dramatically.
-High end performance pulls hard
-The sound.........oh the sound.
-Fit perfect
-If the filter hardens due to the foam, optional filters are avaiable from K&N that will not reduce performance or sound.

Cons:
-The filter, although it looks nice its still foam, will defintely need to clean the throttlebody.
-Low end performance loss

Overall:
8 out of 10

Yesterday my dragon intake arrived at my door and I was so excited taht I took it straight out to the garage and opened the hood. Installation was easy, took about 35 minutes. The kit came with a metal bar to bolt down the intake so it wouldnt move from vibration.

I wanted to see how it performed so I took it out, it suffered a loss in the low end. Im guessing it would effect those with automatics even worse. The real dramatics for me took place on i95. The high end performance really showed that it gave me a good gain in HP it says seven hp on their site but who knows? Its hard to tell unless u dyno it but it was not hard to tell it gained hp. It pulled nice and hard going down the highway. And at idle i notice my favorite part about the intake. It gives a nice steady hum. Sounds great, especially when you rev it. OMG its awesome.

Most likely in like 6 months I will change the filter to a K&N universal fit, just because I dont feel to safe with the foam one, but I may wait until it either hardens or breaks apart if it does. I am told they last about 6 months to a year. And the major downfall is this filter, only because of the dirt that will be able to get inside your throttlebody and make it stick.

I gave it an 8 out of 10 and would recommend it.

the best deal on this intake is at www.rswerks.com 81 dollars on sale!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Potrebovali

Thank you*informed me.

Last edited by Potrebovali : 10-10-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Potrebovali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
TimmyHollins

Don't you mean:

"Thank you for informing me."
TimmyHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:21 AM   #4
Daisyliu888

Quality backlinks can help implement all SEO strategies that can drive your website's success. To build backlinks, the guests' publications' spam is no longer necessary, nor the backlink techniques used until now. To create a good backlink profile, you must have the best tactics if you want to rank well on the web. If you don't know how to create a backlink profile, you can seek a content marketing agency or a marketing contractor.
Daisyliu888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:41 AM   #5
hvxll2

Looks nice.