Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #41
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I think you've got tunnel vision. If by "tuning" you mean adding an insanely and unecessarily large exhaust pipe and some body parts then you're probably right...there are more import "tuners". But the domestic enthusiast following is immeasurably larger. And by that I mean people who make REAL mods to their cars. It also seems a bit suspicious that you'd limit your commentary to cars made after '95. Any reason why? Does that mean that my '84 GT that'll put a few bus lengths on just about any street driven import doesn't count cuz it's too old? I'm not giving you shit for being unique...I'm giving you shit for following a trend. The idea of being unique is rooted firmly in the principal that you have something that no one else has. As far as I can see I see very few "tuned" imports that look different. When I say big wings and body kits I don't mean to generalize or stereotype because I know a lot of guys aren't into that...it's just the easiest and tackiest thing to pick out. I suppose any addition to set your car apart is worthy...but does it really matter if that addition is made in bad taste? I also know that taste is intangible and relevent but I think there's a general concensus on what's good and bad. So if you want to cram over 100 years of automobile history out of the way and focus on the last 8 then go ahead but you're ignoring all of the cars that came before and made your hobby and your "unique" car possible. As for cars at shows vs. the street...stop spliting f*cking hairs. The fact is that they're out there and people are building them and the aren't imports. Keep throwing that word unique around...fact is that your car was never meant to be anything but a grocery getter and is turned out en masse for the general public who wants basic transportation. So tomorrow when you head to school give a nod to the 10 other Civic drivers and encourage them to think of themselves as unique...by your definition I'm sure they are.

I try, for myself, to get a healthy mix of it...as you can see by my car pics, i didn't do too much body work...only rims and a spoiler, and i'm gunna do type R lips and a grille. W eobviousely don't agree on this subject, and prolly never will. I said 1995 and up, is cause people that have the older domestics, tend to tune them....like older chevelles and GTO's and stangs, but the new ones peeps just buy from the factory, and race around.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:10 PM   #42
'87 integra

you guys fight to much....its about the cars...its about what you like and the work you like to do to the cars....who cares what other people think??..i dont....cause i like the imports....there are a few domestics that are okay..but most i dont like....but i dont give them shit...if they tune their car and have fun and like there car for what it is, so be it, if not, dont give me shit about my car, just cause you dont like, personally i dont care what you think, or anyone else...its about me and my car...thats it
Old 05-13-2003, 01:12 AM   #43
HndaTch627

whoa!!! now this is a flamewar....i have to say GT40 is correct though, the muscle car guys were the first with suicide doors and shaved door handles. shitty drivers and love for their cars keeps them from romping the streets more often.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 AM   #44
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
I said 1995 and up, is cause people that have the older domestics, tend to tune them....like older chevelles and GTO's and stangs, but the new ones peeps just buy from the factory, and race around.

Finally...something we can agree on. Old school muscle cars are usually modded because...well...it's easy. No ECU to mess with, no VVT, no bells or whistles. Just a big engine and a lot of power. I think that's what keeps a lot of people out there from tearing into newer cars. Even kids in the imports crowd I think are intimidated by all of the technology which results in the improper stereotype that they're all about canister mufflers and cold air intakes and that's it. Domestic guys are guilty of the same thing. I wouldn't look forward to tearing into a 4.6L DOHC motor for a stroker kit or new cams...too much shit to screw up easily. Also, if there are kids (under 18) out there that own newer cars that are factory fast then they probably didn't buy it themselves and you should slash their tires.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #45
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Man GT40,

I dont know about you, but Id rather see kids driving civics then V8s. Because lets be honest, most of the kids these days cant handle real power. They are to irresponsible. I guess I would think of tuning imports as a stepping stone for most kids. They see how much fun it is to mod civics, etc. Then as they get more into it they realize the difference in displacement, and how much more potential they have.

I think its a great thing. Because whether you drive an import or a domestic, we all have one thing in common.. The love for cars.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #46
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Man GT40,

I dont know about you, but Id rather see kids driving civics then V8s. Because lets be honest, most of the kids these days cant handle real power. They are to irresponsible. I guess I would think of tuning imports as a stepping stone for most kids. They see how much fun it is to mod civics, etc. Then as they get more into it they realize the difference in displacement, and how much more potential they have.

I think its a great thing. Because whether you drive an import or a domestic, we all have one thing in common.. The love for cars.

dido...

gt40 IS right.... opak once again you've bitten off more than you can chew...

even if you ONLY included 80+ cars there are WAY more people messing with domestic than american... and don't forget the the "import" market TOTALLY includes:

Eagle talons plymouth lasers (ya I know they're dsm's making them essentially rebadged mitsu's)

Ford Focus (one of the largest aftermarket support vehicles out... try finding a v8 swap for your civic + it moves to rwd)

Dodge Neon THEY OWN YOU at auto-x and at the drag strip for the money you'll have a MUCH faster "tuner" car if you dumped the money people throw at honda/acura's into a neon (sure it'll be ugly still but... form or function?).

As sad as it is the Cavalier has a HUGE following as well I see TONS of modded cav's driving around

PLUS.... Pontiac (any pontiac will own you they rock), Buick (stock super chargers available) Olds (ok NO ONE tunes oldsmobiles anymore but they're FAST stock cars and DIRT cheap) Saturn (HUGE MARKET and typically own civics with the same money dumped in)

and ALL of this goes without including the ford mustang following....

And if you think that 95+ mustangs go unmodded your retarded... there are SO many more parts. better build and design quality... and on top of it all THEY ARE CHEAPER.. a set of eagle rods for my 1.6 will cost upwards of 375... 8 bigger stronger rods with pistons, pins and wrings could be had for 450-500 for a 350, 302, 351, 400,

My buddy had his 70' 400 block FULLY rebuilt with ALL forged bottom end components, a new valve train including stainless valves for under 1000 bucks.

a similar set up plus having a place do that would cost me like 2-5k and i'd still need to get it sleeved.

Domestic guys hate on honda's because for the most part it's just some kid who thinks he has a fast car trying to make him waste his gas to show the kid what a slow pile of dogcrap he has.

Do you have ANY idea how many times a year some dude just chilling driving his mustang (modded or not) gets revved on by some dumbass in a civic that has i/h/e... it's just dumb and it makes EVERYONE who drives a civic look dumb.

civics are cool.... LOOKING that's it... till it's boosted to the hilt it's slow... once it is boosted to the hilt... it's overpowered for the chassis.

the "quickest" civic you could hope for to drive on the street SAFELY without TONS of drivability issues would be like 240 whp and even then you'd have TONS of traction loss.

I know a kid who had a 38k del sol... it's totally undrivable... he got tired of it sold it and got a mustang...
Old 05-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #47
Daviso27
3rd Gear

I feel that most Import Haters are White Boys ages 16-29...
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:25 PM   #48
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27

That sounds like an educated guess..

Actually a lot of the older hot rod guys dont care to much for imports.. Because of the "ricers" that rev on them every time they see them.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #49
guywithastang

I like any car that looks better or is faster than its stock counterpart

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:38 PM   #50
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Also, if there are kids (under 18) out there that own newer cars that are factory fast then they probably didn't buy it themselves and you should slash their tires.

Lol
Old 05-13-2003, 05:42 PM   #51
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27

Dude, exactely.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #52
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
dido...

gt40 IS right.... opak once again you've bitten off more than you can chew...

even if you ONLY included 80+ cars there are WAY more people messing with domestic than american... and don't forget the the "import" market TOTALLY includes:

Eagle talons plymouth lasers (ya I know they're dsm's making them essentially rebadged mitsu's)

Ford Focus (one of the largest aftermarket support vehicles out... try finding a v8 swap for your civic + it moves to rwd)

Dodge Neon THEY OWN YOU at auto-x and at the drag strip for the money you'll have a MUCH faster "tuner" car if you dumped the money people throw at honda/acura's into a neon (sure it'll be ugly still but... form or function?).

As sad as it is the Cavalier has a HUGE following as well I see TONS of modded cav's driving around

PLUS.... Pontiac (any pontiac will own you they rock), Buick (stock super chargers available) Olds (ok NO ONE tunes oldsmobiles anymore but they're FAST stock cars and DIRT cheap) Saturn (HUGE MARKET and typically own civics with the same money dumped in)

and ALL of this goes without including the ford mustang following....

And if you think that 95+ mustangs go unmodded your retarded... there are SO many more parts. better build and design quality... and on top of it all THEY ARE CHEAPER.. a set of eagle rods for my 1.6 will cost upwards of 375... 8 bigger stronger rods with pistons, pins and wrings could be had for 450-500 for a 350, 302, 351, 400,

My buddy had his 70' 400 block FULLY rebuilt with ALL forged bottom end components, a new valve train including stainless valves for under 1000 bucks.

a similar set up plus having a place do that would cost me like 2-5k and i'd still need to get it sleeved.

Domestic guys hate on honda's because for the most part it's just some kid who thinks he has a fast car trying to make him waste his gas to show the kid what a slow pile of dogcrap he has.

Do you have ANY idea how many times a year some dude just chilling driving his mustang (modded or not) gets revved on by some dumbass in a civic that has i/h/e... it's just dumb and it makes EVERYONE who drives a civic look dumb.

civics are cool.... LOOKING that's it... till it's boosted to the hilt it's slow... once it is boosted to the hilt... it's overpowered for the chassis.

the "quickest" civic you could hope for to drive on the street SAFELY without TONS of drivability issues would be like 240 whp and even then you'd have TONS of traction loss.

I know a kid who had a 38k del sol... it's totally undrivable... he got tired of it sold it and got a mustang...

Dude, i bit off more than i can chew cause of expressing my opinions and then backing them up................? I guess its jsut where i lvie that people JUST DON"T tune domestics....i see a lot of punkass kids shmobing aroiund in there stock stang, and claiming kills on imports when really, they don't get the reason for tuning an import. Cause if your tuning a civic, its obviousely not cause their all that fast...i tune my civic, cause it looks bad ass, its quick, and its light....alls it needs is a b18c swap....and most tuners arent' willing to go that far.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:17 PM   #53
nonovurbizniz

Oh I'm so pissed... I just wrote like 2 pages and hit escape...

anyway.

domestic owners "hate" on honda's because they get constantly harrased by them for NO reason... they're slow they do NOT compete in ANY way.

Mod your car all you want... they're just trying to let you know that for all the money your spending you could have a MUCH faster better car for LESS money.

And that you bother the crap out of them thinking you could even have a CHANCE running against them...

Ask a domestic guy what he thinks of a mitsu eclipse gsx or a vr4... almost everyone of them (who've ever been in one) are like "now usually those import kids are stupid... but that car is FAST".

because it is.

the reason they say most hondas are slow econo boxes....

BECAUSE THEY ARE

And if you think that most import haters are 18-25 white boys you haven't been looking in the driver seat of those import "tuner" cars.

A. I don't think color has ANYTHING to do with it...
B. 16-25 year olds are the ones buying and driving imports... ya sure some of them have the presence of mind to pick a car that actually has potential.
C. People who KNOW cars rag on honda's because they're funny.

I laugh out loud 7 out of 10 times I drive by another honda... especially the "tuned" ones.

course there is NO side-stepping the fact that the saleen wing is the father of ALL gay wings... that thing is so fugly it should be against the law (functional or not). and if I had a penny for every dumbass cowl or other wise ported hood on a mustang I'd have enough money to make a honda that is fast.

If you want to break down the import/domestic thing it's much easier (although only a little more accurate)
Domestic= meat-head anti-pot yet still pro-beer, working class shclub.
Import= retarded spoiled ass rich white boy with no and I mean NO knowledge of cars (if you had it you wouldn't be driving a civic (I needed a cheap reliable car fast(I got one))).

most domestic guys grew up learning about cars.... most import guys got an econobox from there rents and started modding it hoping it would be fast one day... it won't.

and as far as you saying that a motor swap isn't something most "tuners" would do... then you are Seriously the most retarded bastard that ever walked the earth...

that's the FIRST thing most "tuners" do... it's D-bag kids who slap I/H/E on (well I should say have them installed at a shop).

If your not actively TUNING something stop calling yourself a tuner or representing them cuz your not.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:26 PM   #54
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Oh I'm so pissed... I just wrote like 2 pages and hit escape...

anyway.

domestic owners "hate" on honda's because they get constantly harrased by them for NO reason... they're slow they do NOT compete in ANY way.

Mod your car all you want... they're just trying to let you know that for all the money your spending you could have a MUCH faster better car for LESS money.

And that you bother the crap out of them thinking you could even have a CHANCE running against them...

Ask a domestic guy what he thinks of a mitsu eclipse gsx or a vr4... almost everyone of them (who've ever been in one) are like "now usually those import kids are stupid... but that car is FAST".

because it is.

the reason they say most hondas are slow econo boxes....

BECAUSE THEY ARE

And if you think that most import haters are 18-25 white boys you haven't been looking in the driver seat of those import "tuner" cars.

A. I don't think color has ANYTHING to do with it...
B. 16-25 year olds are the ones buying and driving imports... ya sure some of them have the presence of mind to pick a car that actually has potential.
C. People who KNOW cars rag on honda's because they're funny.

I laugh out loud 7 out of 10 times I drive by another honda... especially the "tuned" ones.

course there is NO side-stepping the fact that the saleen wing is the father of ALL gay wings... that thing is so fugly it should be against the law (functional or not). and if I had a penny for every dumbass cowl or other wise ported hood on a mustang I'd have enough money to make a honda that is fast.

If you want to break down the import/domestic thing it's much easier (although only a little more accurate)
Domestic= meat-head anti-pot yet still pro-beer, working class shclub.
Import= retarded spoiled ass rich white boy with no and I mean NO knowledge of cars (if you had it you wouldn't be driving a civic (I needed a cheap reliable car fast(I got one))).

most domestic guys grew up learning about cars.... most import guys got an econobox from there rents and started modding it hoping it would be fast one day... it won't.

and as far as you saying that a motor swap isn't something most "tuners" would do... then you are Seriously the most retarded bastard that ever walked the earth...

that's the FIRST thing most "tuners" do... it's D-bag kids who slap I/H/E on (well I should say have them installed at a shop).

If your not actively TUNING something stop calling yourself a tuner or representing them cuz your not.

Dude! rofl...you HAVE a fuking civic!! omg....Civics are quick, thats the whole point! Civics can be fast....You're jsut looking at numbers!! damn, just cause you see 200 HP on a civic after a b18c5 swap (you said civics could never be fast.) doesn't mean any car with higher HP could beat it....theres other stuff ya gotta take into account...like my friend with a 240sx...he's got a K&N filter, and some 1500 dollar suspension...and he can beat WRX's in strait lines because of the number of drive shafts they have, and some other reasons too....point is, is that civics can be quick.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:17 PM   #55
Quevv

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
and the car doesn't feel dead to the road (corvette, WS6 and list goes on)

I don't think the Corvette's feel dead to the road.....
Old 05-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #56
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Quevv
I don't think the Corvette's feel dead to the road.....

]
Well the new ones do.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #57
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Dude! rofl...you HAVE a fuking civic!! omg....Civics are quick, thats the whole point! Civics can be fast....You're jsut looking at numbers!! damn, just cause you see 200 HP on a civic after a b18c5 swap (you said civics could never be fast.) doesn't mean any car with higher HP could beat it....theres other stuff ya gotta take into account...like my friend with a 240sx...he's got a K&N filter, and some 1500 dollar suspension...and he can beat WRX's in strait lines because of the number of drive shafts they have, and some other reasons too....point is, is that civics can be quick.

No civic's are NOT quick... they're peppy...

civic's can be fast sure... so could a minivan if you dump enough money into it.

I said that EVEN AFTER THE SWAP it will not be fast. which it won't.... it'll be peppier. It will be faster than a integra with the same motor but that's about it. which IS NOT IN ANY WAY APPROACHING FAST.

I HIGHLY doubt your buddies 240 beats wrx's... if it does he's either the best driver in the world or the dude's he's raced weren't racing or don't know how to drive.

You know you can just say "more drivetrain loss" right? And mustangs DON'T have awd so your arguement is moot.

Also wrx is not a domestic. and if you ask gt40 he owned one and is looking to sell it because it IS NOT FAST. they're quicker.

still get roasted by a stock mustang. much less a cobra (if you want to go boost for boost)

domestic guys laugh at you because your all psyched to get 200 hp (incedentally you're aware theat CRANK hp not whp right?) which is NOTHING it's less than a mustang comes with stock.

and as far as civic's being light... you are seriously dumb... they are NOT light by ANY stretch of the imagination... lighter than a dump truck. mine's like 2600 lbs... ya that's REAL light. especially since a mustang weighs around 3k... OOOOHHH you've saved a WHOLE 300 lbs... the engine in a mustang weighs more than 300 lbs more than a civic's. not to mention it has more than triple the horsepower and displacement....

Also keep in mind a b18c5 is pushed pretty to it's peak... it's running 100hp/liter from the factory... that's about ALL your going to get out of it... sure you can dump 2-3k into the motor and get a whole 100 hp out of it (trust me I'm being generous here). So now you have a 300hp FULLY worked motor.. wow... you sure have done something... DUMB.

take a 302... it's 5.0 liters and has like 260 hp... that's 52 hp/liter... think there's some room for TUNING there?

there is almost NO problem getting 400-500 horse out of a mustang. there is almost NO way you'll EVER EVER EVER own a 300 hp civic much less 4 or 5.

You drool over power that mustang guys TUNE OUT to get more drivability out of their cars.

also...

EVERY component you add does not add a hp number it increases the performance relative to what was there before... the 2-3 hp we get from an intake is 15-20 for a mustang...

It's like racing a tractor... sure you can do it... you can even make it "fast"... for a tractor, doesn't make it any less of a waste of money and time if your goal is to have a fast vehicle at the end.

If you want a fast tractor then sure you got it.

Point is you talk a LOT of bs... you asked why people hate imports... look at the light you hold them in and ask youself why someone who knows something about performance might get tired of hearing kids yabber on and on about their "fast civic"...

It's NOT fast no matter how fast it is there are a MILLION domestics that would chew up and spit out your "fast" civic bone stock.

the only mildly cool thing about civic/import tuning is when somebody makes a civic that can roast mustangs and vettes for LESS than you would pay for one of those... even then your still in the cheapest car honda made.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:29 PM   #58
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
]
Well the new ones do.

are you seriously this stupid...

sure the car considered one of the best handling/driving vettes in YEARS is dead to the road... I guess all the experts who have been reviewing vettes for over 40 years are ALL wrong... you must be right... your civic is better than a vette.

WOW.... it's truely scary how un-informed/mis-guided you are.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:59 PM   #59
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
....Also wrx is not a domestic. and if you ask gt40 he owned one and is looking to sell it because it IS NOT FAST. they're quicker.....

*wispers* Uhh.. That was SVT..
Old 05-13-2003, 10:24 PM   #60
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Point is you talk a LOT of bs... you asked why people hate imports... look at the light you hold them in and ask youself why someone who knows something about performance might get tired of hearing kids yabber on and on about their "fast civic"...

It's NOT fast no matter how fast it is there are a MILLION domestics that would chew up and spit out your "fast" civic bone stock.

the only mildly cool thing about civic/import tuning is when somebody makes a civic that can roast mustangs and vettes for LESS than you would pay for one of those... even then your still in the cheapest car honda made.

ITS GOT FUKING 4 more pistons than me!!! gimmy a v8 in my civic...I mean that the new vettes handle pretty good. for a 1.6 cyl 4 banger its fast...i must be, why would i beat the cars i beat?
Old 05-13-2003, 10:25 PM   #61
OPAKRACING

Quote:
are you seriously this stupid...

sure the car considered one of the best handling/driving vettes in YEARS is dead to the road... I guess all the experts who have been reviewing vettes for over 40 years are ALL wrong... you must be right... your civic is better than a vette.

WOW.... it's truely scary how un-informed/mis-guided you are.

Shut up dude, its fricken scary how pasionate you are about proving me wrong...i made a fricken mistake! Go fuk yourself
Old 05-14-2003, 03:26 AM   #62
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Also wrx is not a domestic. and if you ask gt40 he owned one and is looking to sell it because it IS NOT FAST. they're quicker.

I did what now? WRX? You would catch me dead in one of those brittle-axle exuses for a performance car. Unless, of course, an axle snapped and I crashed...in that case I WOULD be caught dead in there.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-14-2003, 06:31 AM   #63
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
ITS GOT FUKING 4 more pistons than me!!!..

Just goes to show.. You only got half the car when you bought it.. Take it back and ask for a refund!
Old 05-14-2003, 03:05 PM   #64
nonovurbizniz

I was gunna put you or svt... I couldn't remember.

I'm not passionate about proving you wrong I'm just awe struck by some of the comments you make.

I have a 1.6 vtec too it's just not fast... a stock for escort much less a gt would roast me... so would a cav probobly.. they really aren't much if any faster than any comprable 4cyl.. foriegn or domestic... my sentra would tear this thing a new but and it was only the E wich came with a TWIN cam 1.6 the S-ER has the 2.0 Sr20de motor... 1000 bucks later it'd have 400 hp NO PROBLEM.. but again to do that would be dumb its fwd and would have endless traction and rigidity issues... these cars are not safe at the speeds people push them to. No it's not really safe in any car but at least you have some more metal around you.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #65
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Now now...let's be fair. Paul Walker pushed that little DSM past 160mph, didn't he? hehe. Bottom line is that as far as safety goes the car doesn't matter. It's all the driver. Hell...a teenager could make an Aspire just as dangerous as a Ferrari. I'll admit it...I drive like a total jackass (even in my wicked stock '01 Sonoma) and I'm 21 and plenty of people much older than me do the same.

Just thought of something else too...it goes to ingenuity. I don't see as much improvisation in the import world. When was the last time you saw a Nissan transmission bolted to a Honda motor and dropped into a Toyota? Go to any car show and you'll probably see at least one car with a Chevy 350 bolted to a Chrysler Torqueflite transmission feeding power to a Ford 9" rear end. Booyah.

Old 05-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #66
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Now now...let's be fair. Paul Walker pushed that little DSM past 160mph, didn't he? hehe. Bottom line is that as far as safety goes the car doesn't matter. It's all the driver. Hell...a teenager could make an Aspire just as dangerous as a Ferrari. I'll admit it...I drive like a total jackass (even in my wicked stock '01 Sonoma) and I'm 21 and plenty of people much older than me do the same.

Just thought of something else too...it goes to ingenuity. I don't see as much improvisation in the import world. When was the last time you saw a Nissan transmission bolted to a Honda motor and dropped into a Toyota? Go to any car show and you'll probably see at least one car with a Chevy 350 bolted to a Chrysler Torqueflite transmission feeding power to a Ford 9" rear end. Booyah.

Do nissan transmissions even fit on honda motors, let alone fit into a toyota without a bunch of work that isn't extremely worth it?
Old 05-14-2003, 07:59 PM   #67
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Do nissan transmissions even fit on honda motors, let alone fit into a toyota without a bunch of work that isn't extremely worth it?

Exactly...do you think a Chrysler transmission bolts right up to a Chevy motor? I've seen it done with Mustangs too...GM's TH-350 or 700R4 bolted to a 302 motor. But model specifics wasn't my point. It's all about ingenuity and the will to make it happen. And honestly swaps like that aren't generally that expensive. I suppose whether or not it's worth it is rather subjective, though. Though I did see a 240ZX once with a blown LT1 in it...that thing gave me goosebumps it was so damn fast.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:10 PM   #68
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

no but i've seen is300 and the new atima tailights go on hondas and what not. even jag tails are going to import crowd

i for one i am keep it all the make the car is not mutilate it with some other car parts. and the honda engine and toyota tranny or any other tranny would be impossible because of the engine rotation ( counter clock wise on hondas so you would end up having 5 reverses and 1 forward) did i just comeup with an idea for a rwd civic

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:28 PM   #69
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
no but i've seen is300 and the new atima tailights go on hondas and what not. even jag tails are going to import crowd

i for one i am keep it all the make the car is not mutilate it with some other car parts. and the honda engine and toyota tranny or any other tranny would be impossible because of the engine rotation ( counter clock wise on hondas so you would end up having 5 reverses and 1 forward) did i just comeup with an idea for a rwd civic

Lol....Hmmm *thinks*
Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #70
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Ive seen a Supra motor in an RX7.. Does that count for anything?
Old 05-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #71
nonovurbizniz

go to http://www.jagsthatrun.com/... 350's in jags till your eyes bleed... I've also seen rx-7's with 350's as well as 280's 240's lots of cars.

they also put 302's into miata's as well as rotary motors...

As far as that is concerned though it's just dumb... unless it's a 1/4 mi car only and even then it then frames just aren't strong enough to handle that much power... my buddy had to put frame rail connectors on his mustang... imagine what that power would do to a miata.

And as far as honda motor rotation it can be reversed... there were some guys on the cover of one of the import mags who had to do it to get the engine to work properly with there setup... I'm sure it was no easy task but it's do-able.

I'd take a b16 or b18 running serious psi over a 350 in my civic ANY DAY... imagine I could actually still drive the car around a corner AND probobly beat some v8's (stockers).

other than to be able to say... yup I put a v8 in it... there is NO reason to put a v8 in a econocar...

like those 4.7L conversions for the ford eco box. that's just dumb... I can't imagine those cars are drivable at all.. and you could make the same if not more power by boosting the crap out of the stock block.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #72
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
As far as that is concerned though it's just dumb... unless it's a 1/4 mi car only and even then it then frames just aren't strong enough to handle that much power... my buddy had to put frame rail connectors on his mustang... imagine what that power would do to a miata.

Actually subframe connectors are more useful as a chassis brace as opposed to providing torsional bracing to counteract the motor's power. Since they use subframes, after a good amount of time the doors can begin to sag and shut poorly. Plus you ever try auto-X'ing a subframe car? Talk about disappointing. But I agree...putting V8s in compacts is just a mistake. A few years ago I saw an older-style 240ZX or SX (I think that's what it was...not much of a domestic market Nissan fan) that had a blown LT1 motor. The thing was wicked fast but he didn't actually hook up until 4th gear. I also helped a friend shoehorn a blown 302 crate motor into a Miata that belonged to his dad...hmmm...500hp + sub-3000lb car = huge mistake.

Old 05-15-2003, 05:25 PM   #73
nonovurbizniz

ya he put the connectors on cuz his front wheels where coming up and arcing his frame on launch at the track...