::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Hey Silver, My little "dream list", check it out guys, input plz.

Just a small list of what I want to do, I compiled it during my chemistry lecture

Main platform:
6 G Civic

Engine:
B18C
B18B
Cams
Cam Gears (AEM, whatever.)
Forged Pistons
Underdrive pulley Kit
-Other build parts.. Suggest some please.

Booooooooost:
T4/T3 Equiv turbo, I plan to piece the turbo kit together myself, and I don't want to purchase a kit. I'd like to find a nice LARGE ball bearing turbo, I can spend a little bit more in this area.
Intercooler (Need to find a reputable company.)
Type - S BOV
Wastegate (Haven't the slightest idea about quality, can you point me in a direction for a good quality wastegate?)
Turbo Manifold- ? I hope I dont have to get one custom fabricated.

And of course:
NAWZ... ahha, seriously though, only a small bottle. Spraying just aint my thang. I hear a wet system is best on a FI system?

Gauges: (Just incase I see a few for a good price)

Boost / Vac
Oil Press
Water Temp
Oil temp
Volt (nyeh..)
5" Tach w/ light.

Electronics:
Boost Controller
VAFC
"Custom" style switch box that will control lights, fuel, water, and other useless things that I find nifty. Wiring will be done by me of course.

Interior:
Will wrap everything in a high quality material eventually, however here are the basics I have for now.

Shift Knob (weakkkkk..)
Short Shifter
NEONSSS HELL YA
Indiglos
Sparco Seats
5 pt Harness (hooking to the chassis of course.)

Stereo:
Only time will tell, this is one of the lowest on my list of priorities.

Exterior:
CF Hood
NEONS HELL YEAAAAAAA

Suspension:
-Setup 1: GC coils + tokico blues (cheapest.)
-Setup 2: Tokico Illuminas(not too bad.)
-Setup 3: Koni Full Coilovers (ouch $)

Rubber/Rims:
16" LIGHT wheels, color, design will be chosen. Not too important.
Yokohamas, Nittos, doesn't matter too much. Anything but kumho ecstas.

Comments:

Yea, some may think this is an awfully ricey setup, especially with the whole neon/indiglo setup, but I've gotta tell ya, I'm just having some fun .. I know how people hate on the loud ricey rice rockety sound that may be eminating from my exhaust, Hell I bet you guys in Canada can hear it from here, but I really don't care .

My goal:

To build a competitive car that still retains its speed and style at the same time. Hell my car will be a sleeper for a while until I get most of my aesthetic crap in

I will be consulting with thermalfi'd with turbo help of course. He is my h0me boyeeee... (not really.. ) HAR.

Silver, what do you think?

Anybody's input would be grateful.

Last edited by TeriyakiBroccoli : 01-07-2003 at 12:46 AM.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I'd photochop something that I'd like, but I've got no comp haxin skills.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

anybody? Need some input
Old 01-07-2003, 12:37 AM   #4
96coupe

if you are going turbo, then i would recommend the b18b if you are asking which motor to get. for suspension, i would say if you can't afford a full coilover suspension go i prefer the ground controls and either koni yellows or kyb agx.

good security system would be huge

is this a daily driver/drag, what are you going for

oh, and i would save the neons for last
Old 01-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

LoL, neons would most definately come last.

It will honestly be a mix of both. Its a daily driver in the sense that it takes me to school everyday (about 7 miles round trip), But I would like to be able to tear it up at the track on the weekends.

I'm not TOO concerned about security at the moment, I live in a VERY good neighborhood, and my car will have the sleeper look for the majority of this year.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #6
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Oh, and why not the tokico illuminas?

I hear KYB AGX struts don't hold up too well over 1.5" drops.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #7
Sol's Eye

Tokicos are very nice. But you do need to decide which kind of racing you want to do, drag or auto cross. That will make a huge difference in your setup. In drag, you go big motor, different suspension. In auto-x you focus a lot more on your suspension and weight balances. So, keep in mind what you want to do before you just start throwing things together.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:29 AM   #8
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

It'll be drag. I've got no autocross skills. I Was thinking of a H22, but space for a turbo will be at a minimum.

Old 01-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #9
silver

i printed out your plan and i'll be going over it. I should have some input for you in a few days. Looks like fun, I can't wait to see the end result. I can get you everything you are asking for so no worries on that. Just check your pms daily.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:17 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

lol I do that stuff in my lectures too !
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:42 PM   #11
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

thx silver,
Where in Southern Cali are u located? Most of my summer should be free, and this car will be more of a summer project. I can even get a friend to help out too. So say, 2 people working full-time, how quick do you think we can get the swap done?

I'd want to slap on the turbo at the same time (easier.)

I'll need some major advice when picking what parts to choose for my custom kit.

pdig-thats what school is for!

Old 01-07-2003, 02:59 PM   #12
juvenile

And you have money for all of this?
Old 01-07-2003, 03:49 PM   #13
silver

I am in Fullerton. The swap doesn't take time, it's the turbo that will take time. We need to get the motor first and begin working on that as soon as possible. Let's say you want the motor swapped in june, get the motor next month or in march and begin buying your internal parts, we'll begin putting it together.

btw: do you have a hp number in mind, or a budget? You can pm me if you want it confidential.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Last edited by silver : 01-07-2003 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #14
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

juv: you bet! $$.

Silver: thats a great idea. I'm actually in the process of looking for a motor to build up AS WE SPEAK. Do you think a H22a would be too impractical w/ turbo? (I'm talking about space availability in the engine bay) Or should I build up a b18? I can find the H22a for about 1800 at osaka.

I want to be atleast mid 350's in HP, budget is sort of an issue at this point because the possibility of me getting this job is at stake. I'm going to the interview on thursday. So far, I have about $1200 saved up, and if I work until summer time rolls around, I'll have a total of around $4000, not including the money difference I get for trading in my vehicle. (I'm hoping to sell my car for atleast 10 to a granny or something ehhe, and pick up a hatchback for about 7-8)

So hopefully I'll haev around 6 G's to spend on boost + juice + engine build up. Rest will be aesthetic.

Old 01-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #15
Shot 2 Hel

you have faith, but sounds fun to do dude. Good luck!! with the interview and the swap.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #16
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Thx guys. I don't know how to qualift as a library "page" (shaddup, working at the library = cool.... atleast I'll have the nicest car in the lot. )

I guess I'll have to alphabetize uber fast.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:36 AM   #17
silver

let's not forget one key element when building a high hp car. You do have to start from the bottom up. Your suspension and brakes are more important than anything else. If you can't stop...well it will be a short lived ride. Hope you are ready for a big brake kit as well a completely modified suspension. Don't go for the h22. The b18b would be the most economical and probably the stronger motor compared to a b18c, then you'd be able to go turbo lsvtec. I will do some research on which motor. We need to get together to go over this, I do not want to build you a car that will kill you.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:29 PM   #18
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
..., I do not want to build you a car that will kill you.

haha let's hope not.

Alright, so who makes some nice disk brake conversions.. wilwood? they're awfully expensive.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
haha let's hope not.

Alright, so who makes some nice disk brake conversions.. wilwood? they're awfully expensive.

brembo, wilwood, or aem...

silver OT.. but can u list your mopds you had on your s14? i wana build a s13 soon.. i think its going to be mainly designed for autoX, but still pull good 1/4 mile since 90% of people dont care how fast you are in the twistys.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #20
silver

Tomei Complete Motor TSR350 (SR 20 DET), HKS GT2835R, HKS 100mm Funnel, HKS Blow Off, HKS Manifold, HKS Air Filter, TSR Custom Radiator Panel (Titan), TSR Custom Intake Pipe, HKS Exhuast (Full Stainless &Titan), HKS Intercooler, HKS Twin Power, Relocated Battery

and various other things that I don't want to have to remember. I recommend for autox that you swap the sr20det but do minimal upgrades to it. Add an intercooler and maybe put in some newer parts here and there but other than that, it is not needed. Build your suspension, that is the key. Along with being able to drive like a posessed beast. You'll be in the mid 14's or low if driven well, unless you have an s14 like me, i stripped over 500lbs off of it just to get it to go fast. Then it was undriveable.

don't forget stillen for brakes as well, and project nu.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:26 PM   #21
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Hey silver, so what do you suggest I do within the first month of work?

1) Swap
2) Turbo (I'll slap it on while the engine is out)
3) Suspension
4) Brakes?

Old 01-08-2003, 07:36 PM   #22
silver

do the suspension and brakes at the same time, it'll be a little more efficient, taking off the wheels over and over is annoying. Plus you'll be able to get a good feel for what your car is able to handle and your braking power as well. I will get you a price on the setups and brakes, someone is working on it for me right now.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:40 PM   #23
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

What type of suspension are we talking about here?

Only trouble I would have would be with the brakes, suspension is a walk in the park... (at least I think.)

Did my own coilovers, would it be harder than that?

I'm not too sure what you have in mind.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #24
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

silver... since you seem to know a bit.. ive been looking at tein SS's with pillow balls for a while, but recently think i wana go with zeals... any sugestions.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #25
silver

teriyaki:
if you've done it before cool, lots of people get scared decompressing a shock, nothing complicated as you know. Brakes are not that difficult, just a pain in the rear and tedious.

Chris:
you got some cash for zeals? man...two words...over rated.
they are good don't get me wrong, but they are no better than any other one. they are just priced high due to the fact that they do not sell a lot of them and they don't want to drop the price to push the product.
the teins are ok but you need to realize that they are designed for japanese use, not here with our bumpy roads. So for autox they'd be good but for daily driving you wouldn't like it. A popular choice out here is tokico/ground control combo. It's cheaper which the drifters like. Compare the spring rates. I have been looking into getting tein ss for my spec-v, but the spring rate is lower than my stock springs. I personally like a tight ride where I feel the road.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:54 PM   #26
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

O, I just use a manul strut shock compressor.... omfg takes about 30 mins just to compress it down... (with a trusty ol socket.)

But, what kind of suspension would we be talking here? springs?

Old 01-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
Chris:
you got some cash for zeals? man...two words...over rated.
they are good don't get me wrong, but they are no better than any other one. they are just priced high due to the fact that they do not sell a lot of them and they don't want to drop the price to push the product.
the teins are ok but you need to realize that they are designed for japanese use, not here with our bumpy roads. So for autox they'd be good but for daily driving you wouldn't like it. A popular choice out here is tokico/ground control combo. It's cheaper which the drifters like. Compare the spring rates. I have been looking into getting tein ss for my spec-v, but the spring rate is lower than my stock springs. I personally like a tight ride where I feel the road.

if im making a coilover setup... ground controls/koni yellows. im so happy with my GC/kyb agx's, im gonna see how my friends teg rides with the SS's.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:59 AM   #28
HondaChickk02

how the hell do u have money for all this teriyaki? did u save up for a while and decide to do it all at once or u dealin drugs or what?! I'm trying to mod my car but i need money first...savin a little at a time..!!:o
Old 01-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
if im making a coilover setup... ground controls/koni yellows.

2 words: super nice, not harsh at all and very tight.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 01:53 AM   #30
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

HondaChikk: Saving, and job. good combo. Anyways, I'll be able to get rid of my sedan to some old couple for atleast 10 (It has a blue book value of 12) I can pick up a 6th gen civic for atleast 7-8 G's, which frees about 2 grand

so in total I should have around... 4000 dollars to spend.

And I continue to get paid at my job throughout the summer, and theres another grand or so... thats not too much. I'll have very little money to buy clothes (maybe a few socks.. haha) and other luxuries. Not to mention aesthetic stuff for my car.. Oh well, it'll be a sleeper, and I'll have other civics rev on me. Its all good.

I hope I can get rid of the car for atleast 10.5-11 G. Oh god the possibilities.

Oh, not to mention, I have 947.52 saved up right now. HOlla.......

God I need to look for a good engine out there.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:52 AM   #31
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
2 words: super nice, not harsh at all and very tight.

remember it's a different car, so the outcome will not be exactly the way that you feel. Plus, Chris are you looking to drift through the autox or grip through it?

Teriyaki...
Full coilover setup is recommended but not completley necessary. Using ground control would be cheaper, but I have heard interesting results in high performance apps. If you want supreme handling go with a japanese setup, you will sacrifice comfort for it though. If you just want to make it through go gc and appropriate shocks.

Old 01-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #32
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

So either TEIN or KONI or TOKICO ?

Tokico is comparitavely cheaper.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:14 PM   #33
silver

the teins are not what you want. i would say koni or tokico between the three, then whichever your budget allows.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #34
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

haha I think Ill go with the illuminas.

Old 01-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #35
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

silver, dood, I found a b18c GSR V-tec head for about 600 bux.. Good deal or no?

Old 01-10-2003, 12:28 AM   #36
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I talked to Dr Drew and he suggested a b18c1 block.... I can get a b18c swap for aboutttttt 3 grand. He made this suggestion because (without my knowing) the b18c has "oil sprayers" I guess? that spray oil on the clylinder body and lower piston?

Maybe he can explain it better.