::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2002, 11:52 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Keyless entry...continued.

Ok, I actually found this before I read all of your replies (thanks by the way). I was looking under the glove compartment to see about hyper blinkers, when I saw in the corner or my eye...THR ORIGINAL HONDA STOCK RADIO. So I take it that this is what people do when they install aftermarket radios and want to keep thier keyless entry? Well anyway, tomorrow I am going to go back into best buy and have them reconnect whatever they disconnected. Will this be easy? What exactly did they disconnect...? Anyway, I cant wait to get back the keyless entry, it was really convenient.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:23 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Keyless entry...continued.

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
Ok, I actually found this before I read all of your replies (thanks by the way). I was looking under the glove compartment to see about hyper blinkers, when I saw in the corner or my eye...THR ORIGINAL HONDA STOCK RADIO. So I take it that this is what people do when they install aftermarket radios and want to keep thier keyless entry? Well anyway, tomorrow I am going to go back into best buy and have them reconnect whatever they disconnected. Will this be easy? What exactly did they disconnect...? Anyway, I cant wait to get back the keyless entry, it was really convenient.

Its shouldnt take long for them to fix it at all.. The only thing they will have to do is get power back to the factory headunit thats it aslong as it has power everything will work fine. Of course thats depending on how they do it.. I cant remember exactly how I did mine..
Old 01-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

All they need is a wiring harness. Simple fix. Although Best Buy will likely tell you they don't make one. SCOSCHE(sp?) makes them.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:30 PM   #4
HondaTypeJ

Success! But at a price...

Well, the good thing is that I took it back to Best Buy and they reconnected it and rewired something, BUT they charged me 45 dollars to do it. I refused and asked to talk to the manager (since it worked before they fudged around with it), and the manager STILL made me pay. I told them I was unhappy with thier work and said that I wouldnt be comming back anytime soon (I am sure they could care less) unless I need a replacement (covered under my 4yr warranty). Anyway, I have it back and I am happy...somewhat. BEWARE OF BEST BUY!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Success! But at a price...

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
Well, the good thing is that I took it back to Best Buy and they reconnected it and rewired something, BUT they charged me 45 dollars to do it. I refused and asked to talk to the manager (since it worked before they fudged around with it), and the manager STILL made me pay. I told them I was unhappy with thier work and said that I wouldnt be comming back anytime soon (I am sure they could care less) unless I need a replacement (covered under my 4yr warranty). Anyway, I have it back and I am happy...somewhat. BEWARE OF BEST BUY!

Not real suprising. That's why I would never recommend going there for car stuff. They messed up my fiance's remote start/alarm. Bunch of dumbasses there.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Re: Success! But at a price...

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Not real suprising. That's why I would never recommend going there for car stuff. They messed up my fiance's remote start/alarm. Bunch of dumbasses there.

I agree 10000%!!! I think we aught to start a Anti-BestBuy Car Audio Installers Club!

ABCAIC!!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:36 AM   #7
BrandonClaps

rofl there is already an anti best-buy site. dude go back there and talk to the store manager, or the car bay supervisor. thats TOTAL BS for them to disconnect it, so much BS that i'd like to call myself. that shit pisses me off. They were just mad they had to take out all the screws again to get to it. well to ****in bad, go **** them

sorry that shit makes me mad

oh yea anti best buy

www.bestbuysux.org