Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
AkimboStylee

I think this belongs here.....

alright here is a little insight on Projekt-ef/9

I don't plan on making impressive #'s with any set up but i have a few questions.

I plan doing a simple 75 shot of nitrous at first and later on increase the jets to a 125 shot and probably s.c or turbo later.

1.) What would be a good price and place of purchase for a b16 (usdm not jdm)?

2.) What would you guys recomend for building up the internals( parts/brands/ place of purchase)?

3.) Suspension?

any input would be helpful, plus if i need of anything else what would i need? (besides a couple of extra hands and a few (4+) cases of beer)

Peace out!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
IALuder

1) HMotorsonline.com only place to buy usdm or jdm motors for reasonable prices.
2a) i would upgrade pistons rods rings. i think a stock head would work with just a 75 shot.

2b)Crower, JE, Golden Eagle are the one i have been looking at lately

2c) i dont know. check their website for wholesale dealers

3) GC and Koni yellows. best damn set up i have had. also get the ST bushing kit. also a very a good buy. stiffer then shit, but yet streetable.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
AkimboStylee

cool thanks, i just stripped the interior ready for the seat and rails to be delivered, alos waiting on various CF pieces( Hood, Cargo cover, and Hatch (had to get the hatch custom made, but it will be worth it) )
Old 11-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
Mischief

I want pics before, during install and after!!

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
AzCivic

if you want to really get into nitrous, new pistons and rods like mentioned are a good upgrade as well as SS valves that can take the extra heat. if you're really planning on running up to a 125shot, which you could easily do on a good build, i'd suggest a Direct Port setup by NX, they also make that NXL thing exclusivly for b16's/type R intake mani's which is an easier to install direct port setup. Don't know how good it is though. or if you want to save time and money you could get away w/ the regular wet kit for upto a 125shot.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
MissJDM

1) HMotorsonline.com, as mentioned above for reasonable prices / complete swaps.

2) Eagle Rods: dependable, durable, cost efficient. You shouldn't have a problem locating these. No more than $300?
JE or CP Pistons: 9:1 - 9.5:1 is what I would suggest for your specific set up.
High temperature valves to handle the extra heat is definitely a good point mentioned above.
Possibly a good high flow intake manifold
Bigger injectors, if you plan on higher shots of nitrous. My boyfriend had a JDM B16a CRX a few years ago with a Type R intake manifold and throttle body, DC 4-2-1 header, exhaust, intake and a 75 shot of nitrous and ran 14.0 - 14.1's consistantly. You shouldn't have problems running that with an EF9. Not quick, but nice enough for a limited amount of mods.
Have a fuel pressure regulator!

3) I agree with Ben on the ST Bushing kit. Look into KYB adjustables also. They're 16 way adjustable and have a pretty reasonable price. Or you can try a really nice suspension kit and get Tein or D2 suspension if you're looking to spend more money.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
1) HMotorsonline.com, as mentioned above for reasonable prices / complete swaps.

2) Eagle Rods: dependable, durable, cost efficient. You shouldn't have a problem locating these. No more than $300?
JE or CP Pistons: 9:1 - 9.5:1 is what I would suggest for your specific set up.
High temperature valves to handle the extra heat is definitely a good point mentioned above.
Possibly a good high flow intake manifold
Bigger injectors, if you plan on higher shots of nitrous. My boyfriend had a JDM B16a CRX a few years ago with a Type R intake manifold and throttle body, DC 4-2-1 header, exhaust, intake and a 75 shot of nitrous and ran 14.0 - 14.1's consistantly. You shouldn't have problems running that with an EF9. Not quick, but nice enough for a limited amount of mods.
Have a fuel pressure regulator!

3) I agree with Ben on the ST Bushing kit. Look into KYB adjustables also. They're 16 way adjustable and have a pretty reasonable price. Or you can try a really nice suspension kit and get Tein or D2 suspension if you're looking to spend more money.
that's so hot

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
AzCivic

if its a wet shot/direct port, bigger injectors are not needed, the extra fuel is provided through the nozzle/s which is fed by its own solenoid which is tee'd off from a fuel line.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote