Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2001, 08:15 AM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Air intake wrap??

Ive been thinking about wrapping my AEM CAI, to help prevent heating of the air as it travels to the engine. Does anyone have any suggestions to doing this like what type of wrap to use, etc..

Any info would be great.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
BlazinCrx

Any heat wrap will work...you probably will not feel any gain from wraping your intake, and it probably won't help much.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:49 PM   #3
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Re: Air intake wrap??

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
... Any info would be great.
Funny you should ask; I just saw an intake wrap kit, the other day, in one of my import mags. I'll see if I can find it again...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 12:14 AM   #4
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Exclamation FOUND IT !!!

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp%3FType%3Dbysummitpar t%26Part%3Ddei-010417%26Search.x%3D1%26SearchType%3DBoth
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 11:55 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: FOUND IT !!!

Thanks BDC I found that the other day too.. the only problem is it only 36 inched long and I have a CAI which maybe longer then that, Ill have to measure it and see.. I also thought about the Cool tape, the stuff with the sticky side and the shiney foil side, and wraping it in that.

Cool Tape
Old 11-04-2001, 04:27 PM   #6
2fcknfst

Wrapped...

Use DEI wrap, or any other header wrap.

By insulating the intake, you can effectively reduce heat soak in metal componenets, thereby ensuring a cooler, denser charge.

Cool air means more air, which in turn means more power and greater reliablity.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:41 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I'm not sure that it'd be that much of a difference. I would think by wrapping items like your headers & other heat producing items and reducing the under hood temp you would experience better gains. Not to mention the wrap would take away the pretty-ness of you AEM....
Old 11-12-2001, 08:48 PM   #8
slowEJ6

its an AEM CAI, it doesnt need anything wrapped around it.....
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 03:39 AM   #9
DemonicAccord

I agree,

but if you feel the need to wrap it anyway, you can produce the same effect from "counter wrap" and aluminum insulation tape for les than $10. just my 2 cents. PM or email me fo mo
Old 11-13-2001, 08:18 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I'm not sure that it'd be that much of a difference. I would think by wrapping items like your headers & other heat producing items and reducing the under hood temp you would experience better gains. Not to mention the wrap would take away the pretty-ness of you AEM....

Im thinking of wraping my header and stuff too.. I figure itll all help a little bit, besides Im not in it for the prettyness anymore.. I just want more power... Im thinking that might give me a little without spending a bunch of money for now, hold me over until I can get my turbo later... I dont know though.. Im still thinking about it..
Old 11-13-2001, 08:31 AM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

Im thinking of wraping my header and stuff too.. I figure itll all help a little bit, besides Im not in it for the prettyness anymore.. I just want more power... Im thinking that might give me a little without spending a bunch of money for now, hold me over until I can get my turbo later... I dont know though.. Im still thinking about it..

I'm in the same boat. I want an AEM CAI, headers and exhaust, but I also was thinking about turbo. So I'm just trying to supress all my buying desires until I figure what I'm doing..... Might be a while!
Old 11-13-2001, 08:38 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

I'm in the same boat. I want an AEM CAI, headers and exhaust, but I also was thinking about turbo. So I'm just trying to supress all my buying desires until I figure what I'm doing..... Might be a while!

mmmm.... greddy turbo on the SI.... that sounds like fun...

::

Do it.. Ill help.. I wanna install a turbo before I do mine..
Old 11-13-2001, 08:54 AM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

mmmm.... greddy turbo on the SI.... that sounds like fun...

::

Do it.. Ill help.. I wanna install a turbo before I do mine..

I'm still a bit iffy on the install. It might be worth it to me to have someone do it. That way if something's messed up, its not my fault. Know what I mean?