Old 08-14-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
F22B2

Anyone know where i could buy Cam

Cam for 97 HOnda Accord LX..and also Cam gear too. Any info will be fine
Old 08-14-2002, 10:56 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

www.crower.com they will regrind and weld yours for a more agressive profile

for camgear you should look into the aem ones. i think www.coximports.com has them

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 12:30 AM   #3
F22B2

i can't find aftermarket camshaft for the Accord LX
Old 08-16-2002, 12:43 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know, that's why crower is gonna modify your existing one for you. nobody really puts time in the f22 series because there is nothing stelar about them.

Old 08-16-2002, 02:21 AM   #5
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Yeah, you're gonna have a hard time finding an aftermarket cam for a SOHC non-VTEC. Simply not a large enough market. A factory regrind is a possibility, but there's just something about simply welding more material onto a cam lobe that makes my stomach churn. Obviously it's a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea.

Swapping cams in a non-VTEC is, IMO, a bad idea anyway. You end up with severe loping at idle in order to make any usable top end power, since the cam grind cannot change between RPM ranges. In addition, as soon as the cam profile got aggressive enough to yield practical results, you'd run out of rev range. That is, of course, if the car didn't stall off the line because of the aggressive grind.

The stock cam is optimized for the stock engine. IMO, F22? H22 or turbo, all the way. You'll be much happier.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
IMO, F22? H22 or turbo, all the way. You'll be much happier.

don't you need a different profile cam for turbo ? i think i read that is reccomended to get a different profile cam for turbo.

Old 08-16-2002, 05:52 PM   #7
AzCivic

What you probably read was referring to Vtec cams since they have a little too much overlap than a turbo would need(i.e. boost going out the tail pipe before the exhaust valve closed). But even then its recommended but definitely not neccesary.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 07:09 PM   #8
Boosted3g

Give WEB racing cam a call. they have made a few custom ones for me at a very good price. I dont have their number off the top of my head but im sure you can find it in one of the import mags. Try turbo mag
Old 08-30-2002, 04:17 PM   #9
Civic

Try Crane they have a sport compact section now.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #10
Dangerous Dan

A properly reground cam will yeaild excelent results . As long the durtaio ndoes'nt get out of hand you'll be fine .
The Bad part of it is that you don't ahve hla's (i think) Meaning you would wither need to have your cam lobe welded , or a custom core made up . I don't know the factory specs on F22 cams or i could be helpful . From my experiance the f22 motors seem to die past 5000 rpms , but have a broad but weak power band . A good after market regrind would make good power between ~4000 and 6000 rpms were you would want it to be .
Peaco I believe already makes f22 cams , but I've yet to deal with anyone using there product .
Old 09-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #11
Dragracingaccord

Listen to Dangerous Dan He knows his shit and hes a friend of mine. He helps me work on my accord and I have the same motor. I have relized it doesn't put out enough power so me and him are going to build a non V-tec H22 motor.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:51 AM   #12
Dragracingaccord

U could also try Junusa for a factory regrind