::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Si-R CRX

B16a Skunk2 Intake Install

I just got my Skunk2 pro series intake manifold in the mail today and I already notice things that are diffrent on it such as the location of some sensors. I am just wondering if there is anything else that I should know before I go pulling all of this off my car.
Si-R CRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Just make sure you mark some of the plugs. The IAT and IACV looks very similar. It is a 2-prong clip. I almost made that mistake before. Dont worry too much about the location of the sensors. Skunk2 products are highly R&D'd. Some of your vacuum lines may have to be modified as far as length, but nothing too complicated................ If you have any problems, post a pic and I'm sure one of us can figure it out.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
Si-R CRX

OK I will be installing tomorrow so we will see how it go's. Thanks
Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
Si-R CRX

OOOOKKKKKK I just got done installing the manifold.
First thing---- A Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold IS NOT a direct bolt on for a B16A. The manual says it is but its not. If you have a first gen B16A1 Si-R be ready to to spend a little bit more money. Here are the things you will need.
1 You will need to either rig a new pcv valve tube or buy a new one. When you try to remove it from the intake more than likely it is going to be hard and not pliable and break when you try to remove it.
2 Quite a few hoses are going to tear or break so be prepared to make some new ones. You will need some small vacuum line because now the fuel pressure regulator will hook directly to the intake rather than being yod in with the other lines on the firewall. You also need to get a hose that you can use to connect from where the fast idle valve used to hook to the block and the intake. The reason for this is because this intake removes the fast idle valve all together.
3 You will need a different fuel rail. the stock fuel rail has the fuel pressure regulator a little over mid way down the rail. This intake moves the IAT intake air temp sensor (the 2 plug white one) 1 runner to the left.....right in the way of the fuel pressure regulator. So I had to use a rail off of a LS Integra because it has the regulator closer to the end. I guess you don't have to use a LS rail but that is what I had and it works for now. the only thing is it is a stretch to get the fuel line reconnected to it. You will need to get another set of seal's for the injectors on the manifold side of the intake because the intake will not allow you to get the injectors all the way down into the head so you need a second set to space them up. You also have to space the rail studs because they will not let you tighten them all the way down so that the injectors will be sealed.( I used 2 washers on each stud)
4 As I'm sure you know you will need a new manifold gasket as the one on the motor will probably break when removed. You should get a throttle body gasket also and replace it while you have it apart. Auto Zone has both for about $15 all together.
5 After all is said and done it is work it. You should notice mid and upper HP gains and it is a lot smoother through the power band. Now this is for the Pro series Skunk2 manifold. It says it is for a 88-01 B16A-B B17A-B and B18C5(R SPEC). I didn't know if it is any easier on different cars but if you are going to do this it will take a couple hours.

Last edited by Si-R CRX : 01-07-2006 at 04:40 PM.