::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
darkdaedra

Accord Wiring question

Alright, I tried to post a similar question in the sound system section and noone was answering it fully. This does fully apply to Accords though.

Anyway, here's what I want to do and what I think I should do. Please verify if this is right.

I want to add a DIN sized MP3/DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/etc... player to my car separate from my head unit. I have a connecter that came with the player that powers it with a red wire and a black wire. I also see on the connector to my header that there is a red wire and a black wire(along with all the speaker wires).

I think I should cut the red and the black wires connecting to the wire harness that connects to the radio. Then I think I should connect the three red wires together and use electrical tape to hold them together. Then do the same with the three black wires. Is this right? Will I get the 12V power I need for each one. Plz help me!

I'm so confused about wiring stuff...
Old 12-05-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

why go around the problem when you can just swap the stock headunit for the headunit you like. easier, and you can get just a cheap ass harness for like $9 from your autoparts store or 15 from best buy and 15 for the dask kit

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:58 PM   #3
Cubanito44

Car Audio Knowledge

If you exceptional car audio information I highly recomend this site. They have a wide array of FAQs. Ask anything you want on car audio,video, etc. here and beleive me if they can't fix it, no one can. Try it.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:20 PM   #4
darkdaedra

No no no, that's not what I meant maniac, I meant it's a second DIN thing. Already have head unit. Thnx for advice though. I going to check out that link Cubanito sent now. I'll tell you if I get more knowledge from that...
Old 12-05-2002, 11:28 PM   #5
darkdaedra

Didn't find what I needed on that board.

Ok, I know many many many many people here have put in other devices than just a head unit in their cars: IE DVD player, PS2, XBox, etc. I just want to know if the player I have would work if I used the red and black wires going into my radio.

I checked installdr.com already on what all the wires connection to the radio harness do, but the colors and locations didn't seem to jive with what was in my car. I know that this knowledge is out there and that this is the best audience to attempt to get it from so please,those with experience, <-me

Thank you. I really don't want to be a jerk or pushy on here so sorry if I came off as angry. I'm more frustrated than angry
Old 12-06-2002, 01:14 AM   #6
darkdaedra

Well, I'm gonna test out my theory tomorrow. Wish me luck and hope I don't mess up my car...
Old 12-06-2002, 06:16 AM   #7
styldaccordngly

im guessing you just want to add a dvd player to the radio? thats all well and good.. but your gunna need more than just +12V/ground.. you need audio and video outputs as well.. you wanna hear/see it dont you? ther should most likely be rca's out of the back of the player.. one red, one white, and one yellow??

Also.. you have 4 red and 4 black wires comming off the dvd player? thats wierd.. your going to have to be more specific if you want us to help
Old 12-06-2002, 12:23 PM   #8
darkdaedra

Ha, yeah I do have rca outputs on the back of my dvd player. And I did order an indash head unit with am/fm and mototrized 7" monitor. And what I meant is only one red and one black from the dvd player. And attaching to the stock wire harness that goes in the the back of the stock radio is a red wire and a black wire. I'm just going to t-splice each wire in the haness and connect the wires with their respective colors. I think it should work...
Old 12-06-2002, 12:42 PM   #9
Cubanito44

darkdaedra why don't you post on the forum. ask them for help. they have a good FAQ section but for general knowledge. Ask someone in the forum. I'm pretty sure either a guy name swez or ttocs will respond. Ask them before doing anything. It's better to have somewhat of an idea before you go in and stop splicing things. Just my thought.