::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #1
Honda_Gurl

air cylinders

hey guys, i dunno if this is the right forum to post in..but anyways, i just got an estimate for getting air cylinders on my lude. total cost is 1800, for a pretty quick setup, installed and everything hidden. i don't know if any of you are familiar with air ride suspension, but for those of u who care, i wanted to let u all know i'm taking it in june 27th and can't wait!!!

and please no flamin cause i'm going for show on my car instead of go... hehe thanks
Old 04-16-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i know a guy who has a lincoln Mark VIII and he said the air cylinders are crap. he alway has to wait 5 minutes after he starts his ride to get the front up.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 02:18 PM   #3
Honda_Gurl

ya it depends on what size valves, compressor you have. i've seen a civic that they did, it was crazy quick. so i know mine will turn out good. these guys have come out in magazines and have won a lot of awards so they do good jobs.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #4
tightteg52

whatever trips your trigger! I can say i hate cars like that! but to each there own! personally all i can say is "another one bites the dust" jfwy but if it makes you happy then go for it!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:09 PM   #5
midjjj

yo, i have seen some Civics on switches that are tight as hell, so do ya thing, take pictures!!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #6
alpine3069

my friends 1998 Acura CL 3.0 is on air!! it is sweet!! as long as it is not very visable it looks sweet
Old 04-17-2002, 09:18 AM   #7
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by alpine3069
my friends 1998 Acura CL 3.0 is on air!! it is sweet!! as long as it is not very visable it looks sweet

what do u mean by not very visable? u're talking about the compressor/cans? if you are, then ya they'll be hidden, so they won't really show.

and ya i'll put up picks as soon as i get them put on. 2 months, 10 days! hehe
Old 04-17-2002, 02:44 PM   #8
4jacks

I'm not really to familiar with them so enlighten me here..

are you talking about Hydrolics ???
What kinda power source do they run off of?
How many switches ?

I would like something like that,
You know , ride low as hell, then when you pull up to a speed bumb, hit the switch and watch everyone STARE !

Sounds Cool!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 03:38 PM   #9
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
I'm not really to familiar with them so enlighten me here..

are you talking about Hydrolics ???
What kinda power source do they run off of?
How many switches ?

I would like something like that,
You know , ride low as hell, then when you pull up to a speed bumb, hit the switch and watch everyone STARE !

Sounds Cool!

Better be quick with those switches when you come up to that Taco Bell cup sitting in the middle of the highway!

A truck in my complex has air, a couple of tanks sit in his back bed. It's always amusing to watch when he pulls into a spot and stops, just hear a big pssssshhh as the truck falls toward the ground.

b
Old 04-18-2002, 12:14 AM   #10
Quist

I give you props!! Do your own thing, that would be nice to be able to drop my car however low I wanted it at the flip of a switch-instead I have to take my wheels off and readjust my coilover.(too damn long)

Some days I want it sitting on the ground and others I want it a bit higher.

Definitly post up some picks-I wanna see this
Old 04-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #11
Honda_Gurl

ya, that's exactly why i wanted them! i was gonna get coilovers, but i think cylinders would work so much better, plus they definately get so much attention. and the little pssssss sound, that's great...but maybe that's just me

anyways to answer your questions 4jacks: no they're not hydros..those are the lowriders, and they run on oil. those things are messy. cool for competitions, but not for me. they run off of the battery i'm not sure if that's what u mean. but they basically just use air. u have a compressor full of air, the air runs through the valves to fill up your cylinders...which allows you to move your car with the hit of a switch. i hope i explained that right. it's cool cause it's so easy to lift your car up to go over those darn speed bumps, then drop it back down as low as you want. and there are usually about 10 switches, at least that's how many i'll have. i think it's: 2 for side to side/2 for front to back/1 for each corner/i can't think of what the other 2 are for. hey i'm still learning about all this too...and i'm sure once i get them i'll be an expert well maybe not, but i'll sure know more!!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:46 AM   #12
insomniac_91

I think its koo that your getting your car bagged. My friend has a Ford F150 fast bagged it is tight as hell...I was thinking of doing it too. Good luck
Old 04-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #13
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Congrats on the Air decision....I have seen a few rides w/ it and it's very schweet..It's nice to adjust the ride on a switch as opposed to jacking it up loosening and tightening the collars then repeating the process for each corner..

I can;t wait to see your ride after it's done. Good luck and definitly share the pics. I'm sure you will be pleased w/ it..
Old 04-18-2002, 03:52 PM   #14
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

Better be quick with those switches when you come up to that Taco Bell cup sitting in the middle of the highway!

b

Taco Bell Cup !?!?!?!? F*ck the plastic cup , I'm worried about draggin a Dead Cat for A Mile ...

Air bags sound tight as hell
I'm IN !

Oh wait thier $1800 ...
Well I'm out for now

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote