::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
JawDropper911

Spring Question

Hey guys I'm new to this whole thing. I just bought a 1997 Civic EX and i bought Eibach Sportline springs. I do not have the money to buy shocks right now so I was just wondering if I put just the springs in would it hurt my car or make it ride poorly. Thanx
Old 04-03-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
97CivicFerio

It may ride ok for a while, but eventually it will kill the stock shocks. It really depends on a lot of things as far as how long that will take to happen. I say go ahead and do it, then get the shocks when you can. When you do get the shocks, I recommend either Bilstein HD or Koni Yellow for those springs. Peace.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Stock Shocks dont really last all that long anyway, and should be replaced as a regular maintenance type of thing. Those springs are pretty low sho chances are your stockers wont last very long, just depends on the time frame your looking at. You could try, but Im not making you any promises that your going to like what may happen.. Blown shocks suck, and can make the car uncontrolable.. just keep that in mind.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:30 PM   #4
JawDropper911

Okay thanx I think i'm just gonna put the springs in for now b/c I don't have any money to put towards shocks and I don't want to drive my car around stock until I get some so as soon as I save up I'll get some. Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:42 PM   #5
FeelMyRide

I have a 94 ex and was gonna try the same thing but my shocks wouldn't have held.. so I did a little stealing, mugging, etc. (JK) and bought some Tokico's. I only wish I knew sooner it was gonna feel this good or else I would have done it the day I bought the car!