.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #1
striker

No horsepower on Low RPM's 91 CRX DX HELP!!!!!!!!!

At low RPM's like anything under 2500-2700 the car just putts along then it takes off..........like snot when the RPM's start to get higher.

Its a ***** for taking off as the RPM's have to be at about 3000 or the car just Lugs down to a crawl.

I just put this used engine in about 4 months ago and it has about 70,000 miles on it.

The compression was good and everything when I got it. But this No power thing, and high reving take off is getting to be a pain.

Does anyone know why may car needs to be around 2700 rpms to have any power.

If I have it around 2200 RPM's I can floor it and it still just slowly (and I mean slowly climbs) It takes about 5 seconds to get to 2700 to 3000 (and thats with it floored).

What could this loss of power be?
Old 09-19-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

It's called torque.
Welcome to the world of honda.
We have none.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
blind34_1

timing belt being off a few teeth could cause a severe lack of power. backfiring also.

but yeah, what he said^. If your coming from a muscle car background or anything you gotta get used to having next to nothing in power.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:11 AM   #4
crxracerx

I am having the somewhat the same problem. My car will have no power and run very bumpy and grumble when i'm not flooring it. If i'm cursin on the freeway doing 80 in 5th gear around 5000 rpms (before vtec) my car will grumble and like its not getting spark. this is a new/used motor swap done about a week ago. The timing is correct, the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distrubtor, mass air flow sensor, map sensor, and comptuer have all been replaced with brand new (minus computer) but its still doing it.

I didn't think you could have your timing belt a few teeth off?? how does that work, as long as the cams are timed right and the gears are on right i dont' see how that would effect it.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

If the timing belt is off a few teeth on any of the pulleys your timing is going to be off.

Second start checking the fuel system, it could be a clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump. Check your fuel pressure at the fuel rail to make sure it's up to spec. Also check to make sure your injectors aren't clogged.

Third, check for vacuum leaks either at vacuum lines or where the intake manifold meets the head. A clogged catalytic convertor can also cause poor low end power. Same with a bad O2 sensor.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:33 PM   #6
tuningcrx

could just need a tune up (new plugs, cap, rotor, plug wires, air cleaner, fuel filter). the crx dx engines only have 89lbsft of torque, which is pretty weak, so it might be u just need to get used to it. if you want to increase your low-end torque you can either 1) get a good aftermarket air intake, or 2) install an adjustable cam gear (set it to about +2 degrees advance), or 3) do both.

a note aoiut the timing belt being off a few teeth...if it were off by more than a couple teeth (and there is no reason why it should be) the car would have a lot of trouble starting, or may not start at all becuase the intake/exhaust valves would be very out of sync with the crank rotation.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 AM   #7
NATman
Parked

it could be that the alternator is not working correctly. I had a problem like that a few months ago. mine loked up for some reason and couldn't make enough power to spark the plugs with the right amount of power
NATman is offline   Reply With Quote