::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Step By Step
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2001, 05:45 AM   #1
slowerthanu

Lower lip spoiler for 2nd Gen Integra

Unfortunately, I did this about a year ago so I dont have photos of the process.

tools needed:
10 MM socket
ratchet
ratchet extension
Rivet gun
grease pen
Masking tape

parts needed:
Sheet metal in the width thickness and length of your choice (I chose 1/32 inch thickness by 3 inches wide and 55 inches long
Pop rivets (about 20-25)

step 1: Remove plastic lower lip from front bumper cover (this is held on my 10 mm bolts on the underside of the bumper)

Step 2: place sheetmetal on flat surface, Using a tape measure, find the center of the sheetmetal and mark it with a 1 inch line using your grease pen. Measure 1 inch to the left and right of the centerline and place a dot near the top of the sheetmetal using your grease pen. Now measure 2 inches down from each dot and mark with another dot, continue this till you reach the end of the sheetmetal. Drill through each dot on the sheetmetal.

Now find the center of the factory plastic lip spoiler and line the center of the sheetmetal up with it. Using you masking tape, attach the sheetmetal to the plastic lip. Being careful not to unalign the sheetmetal with the factory lip, take your drill and drill through the plastic in the lip using the sheetmetal as your template. After you get the first 4 or five hole drilled you can begin attaching the rivets do this from the center out.

The sheetmetal will be alot longer than the factory lip, you can fix this by trimming it off with a dremel or a similiar tool. Reattach the lower lip and whoala, you have a very cheap and very functional lip (works very well for feeling out curbs, cones and the like, plus it looks very race)

Painting the lip is pretty tricky as it likes to chip and will chip very easily if you hit a curb (trust me I know). Here are a couple of links to pics of my lip on my Integra (sorry I cant get them to post up on the thread

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...e=0&re s=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...e=0&re s=high