::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2003, 01:18 PM   #1
JamieS697

just a stick swap?

I have took it into consideration and i hate my auto more than anything i wanted to know what a rough estimate on a manuel swap for a 7th gen would be. I know that doing an engine swap would be the best but im real low on funds and want to know the basic price for a manuel.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

your best bet would be to just do it all at once...(engine and the manny tranny) otherwise you'll probably end up wasting money on a second tranny when you get the K20 (i assume thats your choice)...I havent seen any that carry em without a tranny

...not that Ive seen many places that carry K's anyways...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #3
ShagginJet

You might just want to sell it or trade it for another model that is a standard, considering how new it is.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #4
96coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
You might just want to sell it or trade it for another model that is a standard, considering how new it is.

i think that is your best option short of slapping a k20 in there
Old 02-18-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
JamieS697

yea but it is not appealing to everybody so im trying to figure out a way that i cant keep my car and make it a manuel. Yea k20 was my choice of engine but ur talking alot of money just to buy that and a tranny rite??
Old 02-18-2003, 09:31 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg

yeah right now the k20 is probably the most expensive motor swap that you can get for the import market (besides the 2jz that F&F generated hype over being a god)...the manual tranny and the engine cost anywhere from $5-7 from what Ive seen... You would be able to get a tranny from a jyard maybe...but not in michigan, im sure you know that jamie (...we're SOL as far as that goes... ).

What I'd concider is: How serious are you on doing the K swap? If youre hell-bent on it then dont get the manny tranny for your LX and wait until you swap so it'd be cheaper, cuase the LX tranny wont match the K. But if you arent sure on your plans then I suggest you do some thinking and then make a decision...really take your time...
Old 02-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #7
JamieS697

idk if im willin to sink that many bills into it bc i have to start saving for future what do u think just a tranny would cost if thats possible
Old 02-18-2003, 10:32 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg

the tranny for the LX? I have no idea... would a 7th gen engine accept an older d series tranny?
You could get a quote for a new one from www.HParts.com for a new one though...youd also need the clutch obviously, as well as the shifter arms and the shifter itself, pedal, hydro system, etc...
Id really suggest checking some of the junk yards (probably without much luck in Michigan...) and see if there are any wrecked 01s w/ a manny tranny...good luck...It wont be cheap...
Old 02-19-2003, 04:49 AM   #9
Suk02Si

You can always get the K20A3 which goes for 2500-3500. Check out ephatch.com or clubrsx.com
Old 02-19-2003, 10:57 PM   #10
JamieS697

that would take forever to save up bc i have to many payments otherwise but thx alot for the help hopefully i can find an answer and yes pdigg the junkyards suck here