Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

A question of philosophy

So I was watching this documentary this morning called "Soldiers In The Army Of God" or something of the sort. It followed a bunch of folks (who I am embarassed to say live in my general vicinity) who were all about killing abortion doctors because they thought god wanted them to and blah blah blah. Basically they were seriously mentally ill (whether you're for or against abortion, I think any logical person can agree that murder is wrong). So my question is as follows...and I will use these folk's line of logic. They claim that murdering doctors is morally correct and a-ok with god since they're killing a murderer. Fair enough. My question is that if I learned of a plot to kill a doctor who performed abortions and I in turn set out to kill the person who wished to kill the doctor, would I be wrong? I mean, by their logic, I'd be killing someone who was going to kill...so it'd be ok, right? I mean, if the protection of life extends to all living things, even those not born yet, surely it would be justified for me to kill a candidate for psychiatric confinement who planned on murdering a doctor, eh? I'm just wondering if this line of logic is fallible or if it is, as I suspect, complete and total bullshit.

Remember...thou shalt not kill. BAM, end of discussion.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Mischief

Re: A question of philosophy

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Remember...thou shalt not kill. BAM, end of discussion.

:truestory:
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well see Steve...your a logical person...somewhat...haha. ANyway but seriously, your a clear thinker. And you know right from wrong. And so do I. These people are seriously mentally ill. Were not. They don't think like we do. They belong in a padded box. It's easy for us to look at them and call them stupid. Because were clearly not.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
IALuder

steve i say we hunt them. by their logic we have the right.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
CD5Passion

I got the shotgun and beer, let's roll
Old 08-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

See...you'd never guess it...but I'm by no means a violent man. As a last resort, maybe, but in general I'm really pretty laid back. That said, EVERY TIME I see someone trying to justify the killing of another person like this, I feel the need to pick up a gun and take care of business. Because seriously...I don't know what you believe and I honestly don't care...but how are these people any different from people who kill because they hear voices? It's all about imaginary friends that they think are real. And worse than the crazies who kill for the voices, these people rope their kids into it and force them to hand out flyers in front of clinics. If you wanna be as pissed as I am, I strongly suggest watching that documentary. It was on one of the HBO channels.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote