::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #1
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Exclamation Coming Soon to a CiViC near you... (56 Gay Beware!!!)

I was surfing around HASport's 'new' web site a few minutes ago. Guess the rumors are true...

Quote:
NEW PRODUCTS

The K-Series Engine into the 2001 swap is almost complete. Look for the mounts to be out on the shelves soon.

HASport Bolt in Kit for K-Series Engine into 01-02 Civic (Non Si)

I know the swap itself is old news, but the ones I've seen involved replacing the whole sub-frame, et cetera. Looked like a f*cking nightmare! I heard rumors that HASport was working on a BOLT IN KIT but thought it was bullsh!t. Guess not!

This is the cleanest K20 swap I've seen. Most of them look really ghetto...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

im jealous...

and damn that looks clean...like it belongs in there

Last edited by pdiggitydogg : 01-25-2003 at 07:01 PM.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

HASport makes really nice swap kits. Its good to know that this is out.. To bad its still a 7th gen civic..:o
Old 01-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #4
RU_Teg

damn that looks really nice...
Old 01-26-2003, 11:32 AM   #5
cashizslick

Thats sick, too bad the k20 is so expensive.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:41 AM   #6
oc civic

when you factor the cost of the kit &motor & getting it in there (unless you can do it yourself) it seems kinda silly to me... a LOT of money to be NOT that fast...
Old 01-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

looks klean

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
looks klean

klean...k20...lol...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 01:30 PM   #9
drdingo21

Ive knowen about that for a while...the ran like a 15 page article about hasport doing the swap and how they did it, it was in the dec/jan issue of honda tuning, They have a picture of it with the hood of and the k20 stuffed in there, it looks really clean...but to me its not worth it...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:59 PM   #10
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
when you factor the cost of the kit &motor & getting it in there (unless you can do it yourself) it seems kinda silly to me... a LOT of money to be NOT that fast...

You have to remember, most ppl buy cars based on reputation. It's only later on that they find out all the ins 'n' outs of them.

Honda CiViC's have the reputation of being the '55 Chevy of the 90's. After you start checking out the situation, however, that reputation was built largely on the '92-'95 models or 5th generation CiViC's. For most tuners, these would be the ones to have, but...

Let's say you bought a 7th generation CiViC, only to find out what a POS it is. What to do? Wait until someone figures out the 'hot' setup and go with it. This bolt-in HASport K20 swap is going to be the salvation of the 'new' CiViC; mark my words!

As far as performance potential goes, take a look at this:

That's 310-HP to the wheels. Calculates out to about a 12.5 sec. 1/4 mile in a CiViC, give or take a few tenths. Sound better now?
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:05 PM   #11
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
You have to remember, most ppl buy cars based on reputation. It's only later on that they find out all the ins 'n' outs of them.

Honda CiViC's have the reputation of being the '55 Chevy of the 90's. After you start checking out the situation, however, that reputation was built largely on the '92-'95 models or 5th generation CiViC's. For most tuners, these would be the ones to have, but...

Let's say you bought a 7th generation CiViC, only to find out what a POS it is. What to do? Wait until someone figures out the 'hot' setup and go with it. This bolt-in HASport K20 swap is going to be the salvation of the 'new' CiViC; mark my words!

i agree FULLY.. but the reason muscle cars kick our ass is because they can buy a WHOLE motor at a salvage yard for like $100 ours are like 4 THOUSAND... its JUST now starting to ge tto the point where things are CHEAPER.. so to me.. this is a step in teh WRONG direction... its way more than MOST people SHOULD spend on a civic.. MAYBE in 5 years.. when a swap can be found for MUCH less.. then HELL yeah id say go for it.. PERSONALY im waiting till i can find a b18 at salvage for a hundred bucks.. lol
Old 01-27-2003, 05:53 PM   #12
Tarpit

I like that last turbo swap but heat may be an issue in that confined space that close to the firewall. But either way. That's very impressive. Wish engine swaps were that easy in my car.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:06 PM   #13
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarpit
I like that last turbo swap but heat may be an issue in that confined space that close to the firewall. But either way. That's very impressive. Wish engine swaps were that easy in my car.

what would you swap to??? the way i see it your car comes with the "bseries" that we try to all get.. you already have DOHC.. and don't you have "ztec" which is some hoopty version of vtec.. i think you should just swap to manual.. and you would be set..
Old 01-27-2003, 06:30 PM   #14
iRACEmyCTR

saleen v-8 swap
Old 01-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #15
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
saleen v-8 swap

remember what they were tellign you about lining up and bolting in when you were ordering your motor???

well referance that.. lol
Old 01-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #16
Tarpit

Quote:
what would you swap to??? the way i see it your car comes with the "bseries" that we try to all get.. you already have DOHC.. and don't you have "ztec" which is some hoopty version of vtec.. i think you should just swap to manual.. and you would be set..

The Contour SVT motor would be nice. Take it's power and my cars weight and it would have some power. And then a trans made of something other then candlewax to handle the power.

And as for the "ztec" deal. You seem misinformed. Zetec (is how it's spelled) is simply just the name of the motor. Not a type of varible timing. Created by mazda back in the early 80's I believe. And the differance between the zetec DOHC and your "bseries" motors is that them engines are tuned for performance. As opposed to my domestic built motor that they just slap together without optimized timing and power output. One of yas said it yourself. "The Japs sure can squeeze some power out of a motor". ANd what ur thinking is the "hoopty" version of vtec is not zetec (the motors name). But you are thinking VCT. WHich stands for Variable Cam Timing. Which is somewhat like u said. A ghetto version of Vtec. But it did not have the same intentions as Vtec does. Vtec was brought about to in fact make more power out of a smaller engine. VCT was brought about basically to provide good low end torque and emissions legality at the same time. And VCT is activated off the line and shuts off around 3000rpms. As opposed to Vtec which is engaged at 5500 plus like the "bseries" motors.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:59 PM   #17
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarpit
The Contour SVT motor would be nice. Take it's power and my cars weight and it would have some power. And then a trans made of something other then candlewax to handle the power.

And as for the "ztec" deal. You seem misinformed. Zetec (is how it's spelled) is simply just the name of the motor. Not a type of varible timing. Created by mazda back in the early 80's I believe. And the differance between the zetec DOHC and your "bseries" motors is that them engines are tuned for performance. As opposed to my domestic built motor that they just slap together without optimized timing and power output. One of yas said it yourself. "The Japs sure can squeeze some power out of a motor". ANd what ur thinking is the "hoopty" version of vtec is not zetec (the motors name). But you are thinking VCT. WHich stands for Variable Cam Timing. Which is somewhat like u said. A ghetto version of Vtec. But it did not have the same intentions as Vtec does. Vtec was brought about to in fact make more power out of a smaller engine. VCT was brought about basically to provide good low end torque and emissions legality at the same time. And VCT is activated off the line and shuts off around 3000rpms. As opposed to Vtec which is engaged at 5500 plus like the "bseries" motors.

actualy vtec has nothing really to do with motor size, its intention is to provide two cam profiles (a dosile commuter gas saver, and a slightly more aggresive performance profile) the actual intention is to has economy and mild performance in one package.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #18
Tarpit

Same as my VCT. Just not as aggressive as Vtec. And is involved in low rpms. Not high.