::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
cavalla684

Stuck!?!

I'm not sure which way to go ... I Have an LS with AEM CAI and DC 4-1 headers already ... I was all set on a JRSC but now I am debateing turbo... that whole robbing power from the engine... I was at the JRSC site... and with almost the same setup as me they got 160 at the wheels.... I just don't want to by the SC and be pissed off that I didnt go turbo... I went to the shop today and they said they can build a custom one for 3.5-4g's (tubroz324 something ever heard of it?) or greddy has the on for 3195 without the intercooler... Than I was even thinking LS/vtech but I have heard a lot of bad things about going that route... any suggestions..?? i have read tons of articles on the whole SC vs turbo thing .. but I still haven't chosen...
Thanks..
Old 02-02-2002, 08:48 PM   #2
Boosted3g

I would go with the custom turbo for a few clams more than the Greddy. The Greddy is nice but in not a fan of their products. The last resort would be the JRSC. I had one a long time ago and it was a peice. The LS kit sucks because they give you a M45 blower instead of the larger one that the DOHC Vtecs have. And remember what Jackson gets will most likely be higher than what youll get. Its a way that manufactures sell their products. Take for instance Skunks2. I love they stuff dont get me wrong but we have sold a ton of their cams but we never can pull half of what they state on the ads. The claim 17 whp and the best we puled on our dyno is 9, and this is with 750 dollar cams. Its just a way to sell their stuff. BAsically all im saying is get the custom kit and get a fairly large turbo, at the least a t3.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:12 AM   #3
VTC_CiViC

Re: Stuck!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by cavalla684
I just don't want to by the SC and be pissed off that I didnt go turbo...

You will be.. go Turbo