Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2004, 01:32 AM   #1
nonovurbizniz

93 ex VS. 04 740

HAHAHAHAHA....

SO. Damn near everyday I stop by my buddies work in westport CT... it's a rich town full to the brim with assh0les...

My buddy drives a 70 impala convertable with a WORKED 400 small block... it's pretty fast... nothing rediculous due to it's weight but it burns the pants off of me and his buddies relatively stock 14sec mustang.

ANYWAY.. I always follow him cuz he's got more power... but he can't take turns for sh!t... SO he's going REAL slow around the bend of the on ramp and this TOTAL D!CK is riding my ass in his BRAND NEW BMW... So I give it a couple hard taps to the brakes to make him crap a bit... he keeps riding my ass... and as we approach the dotted lines he makes for a quick 2 lane switch over so he can pass me and my buddy...

HAHAHAHAHAHA... that's where the fun began.

THOSE THINGS ARE PIGS...

I burned him REALLY bad... I had like 4 car lengths on him by the time I was at the top of third.

We generally get on the highway and go full bore till we're doing like 80-100... So this dude is STILL trying to keep up/pass us...

I've all but forgotten about him by the time he FINALLY comes screaming up behind me at like 95-100... so I move out of the fast lane (which he's in coming up behind me) doing like 70-80... I drop down to forth and hit it as soon as he's at my rear bumper...

By the time we were nose to nose again I was pulling on him already... It was TERRIBLE... he finally gave up...

Then when we slowed down to get off my buddies exit he passes and is TOTALLY pissed and avoiding looking at me...

It was funny as hell...

I normally don't bother and I figured I'd get it handed to me but apparently those things are all luxury and no performance.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Rusho
1st Gear

So you hit your brakes twice cause you were going to slow (because your friend was going slow), and then the guy tries to get around you, so you cut him off?
Old 02-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
drdingo21

^yea he was being a real asshole for riding your ass when you were going slow....

And you probly raced a 3 series. A 5 or 7 series will have no problem hanging with you on the straights, and completly destroying you in the corners. Of you can hunt an M3 to get your ass handed to you.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
vtracer20

wait u got a 93 ex? unless u got a engine swap with a turbo....sorry man but that ant happening, 740's are a 4.0 V8 0-60 in under 6 sec. and it has 320hp. Even if u raced a older one those things pull....i dought it was a 7 series....probably a 318 or 323, maybe 325
Old 02-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
MAXed Out
6th Gear

^agree. Ive driven those before at my job and they haul ass. I don't think that is possible with a civic. I dunno what u have under the hood but if its true props to u man!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #6
4g63t
2nd Gear

Gosh, i hate people who tail gate. That would piss me off, and ya i would have done the same thing!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #7
HondaGUY2005

I think its possible. You know how much those cars weight? they're heavey. And he has a good motor, so i don't doubt it. maybe it was an automatic, even still, good kill.

and as far as corners are conserned...What suspension mods do you have on your civ? I swear that as long as its not an M3 or M5 you could keep up with a stock beemer, if you have some performance suspension on your car, like, more than jsut springs i mean.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:13 AM   #8
MAXed Out
6th Gear

740's do not come in manual from what i know. but i can tell u that much that they would blow most hondas off. I'm not doubting him but maybe the bmw didn't try hard . It is possible but I don't think it did.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:14 AM   #9
vtracer20

the beema was probably just acceling normally when u thought he was racing
Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

those 740s may be a little slow off the line, but top end they just dont stop, my friends mom gets a new one every other year and we got to "test" the 3 that she had while we had our licences and lived at home, and well... top end i wouldnt f- with one of them.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #11
Caliprophet

I do belive that if it was truly

a 7 series Beemer it would of stomped you, According to BWM the 745 goes 0-60 in 5.9 seconds at 325 hp and is not offererd a manual but a 6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with Adaptive Transmission Control. Either off the line or at topend. He wasnt racing. Now maybe a 3-5 series which the 3's are just 4 bangers and the 5's are just 6's but I think they only get about a buck 85 or so in the horsepower range.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: I do belive that if it was truly

Quote:
Originally posted by Caliprophet
Now maybe a 3-5 series which the 3's are just 4 bangers and the 5's are just 6's but I think they only get about a buck 85 or so in the horsepower range.

now only a 4 or only a 6, and yet we all own 4's. and i'll take a buck 85 hp if i have the tq# to match that in a bmw. 3 serise are beatable(330s are quick though), 5's you godda find someone who will race you from a stop to about 60 maybe 70 or he'll just walk on you top end

Old 02-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #13
Caliprophet

Re: Re: I do belive that if it was truly

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
now only a 4 or only a 6, and yet we all own 4's. and i'll take a buck 85 hp if i have the tq# to match that in a bmw. 3 serise are beatable(330s are quick though), 5's you godda find someone who will race you from a stop to about 60 maybe 70 or he'll just walk on you top end

Very true. Those are built for top end its a luxury car it doesnt need to come of the line fast it just lets you get where your going fast and in style. My dream car right now is that 745 just to roll around in. Put some 19's on it and just let everone envy me. Dreams are good to have.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

mercades amg sl55.... stock can take down pretty much anything on the road

Old 03-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #15
nindoo

Why would you tap your breaks,

Do you have an automatic car?

The newer 5 series the 7 series, the 330ci and M3 are fast.

What kind of BMW was it?

Was he even racing with you.

The suspension set up and brakes on a bmw are much better than that on a civic.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 PM   #16
brianhatchie

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
mercades amg sl55.... stock can take down pretty much anything on the road

um, mercedes amg is 640 hp dude. anyways, who is talking about the amg ?
Old 03-27-2004, 07:35 PM   #17
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by nindoo
Why would you tap your breaks,

Do you have an automatic car?

The newer 5 series the 7 series, the 330ci and M3 are fast.

What kind of BMW was it?

Was he even racing with you.

The suspension set up and brakes on a bmw are much better than that on a civic.

he was brake-checking the ass and there are those terrible drivers out there so I don't doubt him. Good kill anywho
Old 03-29-2004, 10:46 AM   #18
Matrix

Well, it would still be nice to hear what mods he has made to his Civic.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #19
biker's back

i smell bullshit. you'r telling me a 320hp and 295ish tq car couldnt pass your 127hp civic?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:36 PM   #20
nindoo

There were angels that day
Old 03-29-2004, 10:08 PM   #21
4doorspeedman

I consider myself to be kind of a bimmer afishinado (hey i told ya i cant spell ) and when ever i want a good laught i come here to read this post its not even worth debating he was lying got caught hasnt come back its that simple.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #22
AkimboStylee

i think he was in the 70 impala not his civic! i could be wrong