::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
krz2fer
2nd Gear

Indiglo Gauges - Sudden Probem - Please Help!

To make a long story short I put these puppies in and they worked fine for a little over a week. Then suddenly - boom - one night I turn on my lights and nothing. They don't work.

The kit came with gauges, the power box, and a power wire and ground wire. Following instructions I spliced my dimmer power wire and connected the power box power wire to that. Then I found a ground for the power box under the dash with a metal screw. Everything turned on perfectly fine.

After it stopped working, I checked all the connections again and they were fine. I even tried holding the ground wire onto that big piece of sheet metal under the steering wheel - so the ground wire cant be the problem. Additionally, no fuse blew.

I was told today that you are really supposed to hook it up to a 12V CONSTANT source, and not a 12V DIMMABLE source. Any suggestions, help, etc. Please!!!

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

---
"Aim for the sky, straight into the sun."
krz2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

i know this may sound funny.. but i think you should recheck and follow every wire lead....
its just sometimes that the simplest things are the ones that are the problem.. some times over looked..... i'll see what else i can think of and post it up again if that doesnt work...
Old 04-21-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
krz2fer
2nd Gear

Indiglos

Actually I've been doing checks all day. I did a power test on the dimmer power wire and its totaly fine. I also extended the indiglo power & ground wires to a pre-existing 12V cigarette lighter source where my windshield nozzle lights are hooked up. Turned those on, and still no response.

Is there some quick way I can check to see if its the power box that's just a P.O.S.?

Any other ideas?

---
"Aim for the sky, straight into the sun."
krz2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:56 AM   #4
ShEaNy

what i did was that i didn't hook the gauges up to a dimmer or anything..i just put them on the brightest settings and left them like that..(i can't remember where i hooked the ground wiring and everything else) but it worked.. i spliced some wire lol damn ican't remember i'm trying to think right now...hmmmm i'll look in to that... :o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I read that you aren't supposed to use the dimmer, I didn't. Mine are still going strong after a year or so. You said you did a power test... is each gauge getting power? I'm not sure what all is in the black box but I'd crack it open. What do you have to lose?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:04 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Sounds like the transformer died. The reason you aren't supposed to hok them up to the dimmer is because of the voltage. A dimmer is variable. If you send that box too little current, it will die eventually. Like wise if you send it too much.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:20 AM   #7
azn_nite_ryder

prolly is the transformer if your getting current everywhere else....
take em back and have them test it to see if it is...
Old 05-23-2002, 11:05 AM   #8
BizzlePizzle

lol, i just threw the dimmer for my gauges in the back of the dash somewhere. I never used that damn thing anyway!