::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
juvenile

94 Mazda 626...troubles hooking up my Kenwood HU

I have a Kenwood deck that I would like to put in this car. I took out the stock stereo and bought a wiring harness. Now it hooks up the two white click in connectors and the big antenna wire fine. But 2 wires are left. A smaller antenna look a like and a black small click in that says "Amp" on a little door that comes out(this wire also clicks in the back of the stereo). When I take only that wire out of the stock stereo, the stereo won't work so I'm guessing that's ground? Now if I open that little amp door and try to connect my black ground wire from the kenwood to a metal piece there, and hook hook up the rest of the wiring my kenwood still doesn't work. I also tired to ground it to the chassis...everything..aagghhh. It was so simple on my Chrysler...this is damn complicated!!!

Are there any wiring diagrams for the stock stereo that state which wire does what? Or can anyone offer their advice here?
Old 09-22-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that's weird dude. if u still have the instructions for the stereo look at them. they should say which wire is which. also the packing of the new harness should have the same thing. also look for blown fuses. on my accord i just looked at the instructions and packaging and it was all good to go.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 08:06 PM   #3
juvenile

This is the wiring harness that I bought for the Mazda.
Now I hooked up all my wires from the Kenwood to the harness fine. The big antenna cable is connected too.
I only have my ground wire left.

Now from the car there is left a small cable that looks like a mini antenna plug in. Me and my dad tried to see what they are by unpluggin the first then the second whne the stock stereo was in...if both are out...no radio..if either one is in radio is there. So forget about the small antenna cable, we should be fine without it.
We did the same with the small little black clip in cable without it there is no power to the radio. Now I'm sure it's not the actual power cable because on the wiring harness there was a specifically designated cable for power!

This only leaves it to be a ground cable because usually on stock stereos a metal wire that just screwes on to the back of the stereo (or something like that. that's the way it was on my concorde stereo). Here there was nothing close to ground except that because without ground the player shouldn't work right?
Old 09-24-2002, 01:49 PM   #4
juvenile

so would anyone know what to do?
Old 09-24-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

take it to a pro. it might be a weird sistem like the 96-97 civics have that some other crap is operated thru the HU.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
juvenile

ok cool
Old 09-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #7
juvenile

Well my neighbour helped me hook it up.
The contacts on the Harness' end where pointing a bit down. Took us 1/2 of running tests and blowing a fuse to figure it out
But now it's in there and fits perfectly SWEET!
Now to save money for some mods and subs!