.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2002, 03:23 AM   #1
Jeremy

B20B Swap into '95 Teg LS - how difficult???

I have a '95 Integra LS (B18B), and the engine was recently delivered a death blow due to a fuel pump failure while spraying. I have found that the B20B is just a little cheaper than a B18B and should offer more torque. But, how hard is it to drop a B20 in there? I am considering several options right now:
1) B18A since it's almost half the price of a B18B with minimal difference.
2) B18B - just go back with what I originally had. Strong engine - ran a 14.227 @ 99.999 (1 lousy 1000th away!) with 65 Shot ZEX, AEM CAI, race cat, Thermal catback, fuel reg, 17" Tenzo Mean 6's, suspension work
3) B20B swap
We have kicked around some ideas, like swapping heads on the B20 with B18 (if mine is still good).
I'm open to any and all suggestions and advice since I don't find much on a B20 swap except for drag applications.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
blownteggy

the b20 swap is fairly easy. the only thing you might need to change out are the motor mounts. the reason for this is, beacuse your old engine has been in that bay for 6-7 years now.
pm if you need more info on the swap. i've done about 4 swaps so far on my friends cars. you may even need new axles.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:42 AM   #3
slowEJ6

the b20 and b18 have pretty much the same head.... the b18 is bored to get that .2L extra - so yeah.....you'll need a different intake manifold - i recommend the skunk2 unit, and also junk the pos exhaust manifold thats on the b20 as well - its horrible.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote