::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2002, 02:06 AM   #1
thatguyX

17" or 18"

anyone who lives in jersey answer me this: is it worth getting 18" rims? i want the RH evolution s7's 18" for my accord coupe v6... but there are a fair share of pot holes out there. and i dunno much about how well rims hold up or how long they last, but i wanan make these last. would it be better to just get 17ers? please i need any information you can give me about rims and stuff. an FAQ would be helpful. thnx
Old 06-19-2002, 07:31 AM   #2
xhondagirl

i have the same car..exccept 4 cy.. but i have 18" (enkei rs5) on it and i live in orange county Ny (the sticks almost) but i have a fair share of potholes and they have been holding up fine.. of course i know the roads and if u know where the biggest holes r def SLOW down. but other than that u should be fine.. plus 18" look soo much nicer the fit the entire wheelwell ...personally i think 17" look soo small on our car...

cccan u see what i mean....
Old 06-19-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
spoogenet

Girl:

What are you running on there? 225/40/18? And what offest, 42mm?

Guy:

One of the things that will help a lot if you live near potholes is having the correct rebound settings on your shocks. If you plan on lowering and getting shocks, get some with adjustable compression/rebound settings so you can protect your wheels.

I haven't personally known anybody to dent a rim yet with 18" on Accords, and that's in ATL where there's plenty of potholes....but your mileage may vary.

b
Old 06-19-2002, 10:18 PM   #4
SilverCoupe2K1

Hondagirl...car looks sweet. Very clean...like it a lot.

GuyX: U can't compare with the impact that 18's give you. Nowadays ur starting to see some cars come with 17's...18's still give u that aftermarket look.

I was thinkin 17 or 18 too...but my concern was ride harshness more than denting a rim. U should also keep the type of rim u buy in mind. If you buy light rims, they're great to race, but dent easier. (I dunno why you'd be buying 18's if you race...uhhh...whatever...)

Btw, I'll guess 215/40/18...am i rite?
Old 06-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think 17 will look great. can't say anything about the size because i don't know anything about the stock size on the 6th geezer

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 01:34 AM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

On a 6th gen, 18" is a much for looks. 17 just doesn't look big enough IMHO.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #7
Tool462

go with 18's , you wont regret it - JUST BE CAREFULL. I have 18" Volks (forged Aluminum) very strong and I have hit my fi=air share of potholes and not a scratch. I guess what I'm saying is speeeeend the extra $ for good rims and you cant go wrong, take the cheap route and suffer the consequences.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
HoOn

Re: 17" or 18"

Quote:
Originally posted by thatguyX
anyone who lives in jersey answer me this: is it worth getting 18" rims?

Okay! I guess I am the only one from New Jersey who can answer this.

It depends where in Jersey you are at. Are you close to NYC or to Philly? I am close to NYC and I drive my car to Manhattan often thats why I picked 17s. 18 looks great but 17s are more practical and more performance oriented for your car especially here in the Tri-state area.

You should also get good suspension parts for your wheels.

Good Luck!
Old 06-22-2002, 10:46 PM   #9
xhondagirl

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Girl:

What are you running on there? 225/40/18

yes..not sure on the offset though.l.ill get back to u