.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2002, 09:51 AM   #1
NooNz

how to cure....

how to cure a broken heart?.....please be serious cuz i'm affected by this...i'm just a huge wreck right now....what are some ways to help fix a broken heart?....cuz at times i just think i'm over her...but then i just break down and just wanna crawl into a little corner and turn my back against the world cuz i can't face it.....

what do you do to help......(like i said...please be serious....cuz i definitely need help)...i thought i could do this on my own....but obviously itz huge if i bring this topic onto the board for help...

bye....
Old 11-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #2
cutiepy701

Oh hunny, I totally sympathize with you. I have been thru this just recentlly. We have only been broken up 6 months and sometimes I still feel like I wanna die.
Honestly the only, and I mean ONLY, thing that helped me was hanging out more with my friends. But then I had to go home, alone, and that is when it was the worst. I remember nights I would just cry and cry on my couch....wanting to pick up the phone and talk to him....
It fuc*ing hurts like hell.....but time will heal all wounds.
If you have a job, work some extra hours.

Work definitly helped ALOT. At work there were only breif moments when I would think about him, but other than those two things....I really don't know what can help.
6 months is a pretty long time.....and I am just know starting to be "ok". The first 3 months, I thought that I wasn't even effected by our breakup, cuz I was with my friends 24-7. But then it really sinks in at about 4 months. Seriously, it was like a phase that I went through where I thought to myself "hey this isn't so bad"....WOOO was I fooling myself. Maybe it was my bodys natural defense mechanism.

Keep yourself busy, and give yourself time. It will get better I promise.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
ShagginJet

Quote:
i just break down and just wanna crawl into a little corner and turn my back against the world cuz i can't face it

I've been there man, it sucks. We all go through it at some point in our life. Sometimes it hits us hard, sometime it's not as hard. I think Cutiepy summed it up best.

Quote:
Keep yourself busy, and give yourself time.

You need to keep yourself from thinking about it. This is the only way you're going to get past it. It's the crappiest way to get by it, minus making up for it with some skanky whore. But it's the easiest way, eventually the thought of her will fade, and then from time to time, when you do think of her, it won't be as bad and it won't put you in the corner.

I had an ex that use to call me randomly every 3-6 weeks. We were done and I didn't want to hear from her, but she's just keep calling. Brought up emotions that i was done with, didn't want to deal with anymore.

hang in there man, you'll make it.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:16 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

when you go in the corner just cry about it and don't try to stop yourself. it will go away after the first "session" if not after the second. it worked for me.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
ShagginJet

Wow men crying at it's best....

A true man can cry in front of a girl and nothing will be come of it.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:46 PM   #6
NooNz

i just wanna play the blame game..but i kno it was my fault (well majority of it).....i ed up large and i regret it...

people have told me never regret anything in your life...i usually don't..but when it comes to someone i love...i really regret it......

i just don't kno what to do anymore....i've started smoking again.....been smoking half a pack a day...seems like i smoke more and more now.....i can't help it....i just want things the way they were...i wish i could turn back time but i kno i can't....

like everything seems different now....just the fact that i'm alone now.....my perception of the world and the way things were around my life has totally changed...itz like i just moved here or soemthing....a lost person in a huge world.....

i just don't kno where i'm goin....everything just looks different now than before.....

i guess i'm just upset and disappointed in myself......
Old 11-06-2002, 12:50 PM   #7
mt.biker

I would say alot of driving, thats the only thing that worked for me. Basically keep yourself busy and dont spend much time around girls it will only remind you of her.

Hang out with you guy friends and do guy stuff.

About the crying thing I have found no good reason to cry infront of a girl. Though I have no problem with crying infront of a gf, I haven't even cried over a girl.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #8
NooNz

i usually don't either.....but i guess it just shows to everyone and to myself how much i cared and loved this girl......
Old 11-06-2002, 01:31 PM   #9
ShagginJet

How long were you two together?

Old 11-06-2002, 03:50 PM   #10
cutiepy701

I hear ya baby, I started smoking and drinking alot (like every weekend) after me and my x broke up....You are only hurting yourself....and its not like drinking was even an escape, cause usually Id get so piss as$ drunk that I would get depressed and then really start crying cuz I missed him....
Old 11-06-2002, 08:18 PM   #11
GirlRacer

I hate this.

I went through this awhile back, and I just read alot of books. It keeps your mind busy so you're not concentrating on what's goin on in your life. Depending on what size town you live in, you might wanna stick to renting movies at home.
The person I was hurt over is out all the time, and unfortunately, I live right off the main cruise street, and that's where he is every weekend. Kinda hard to leave my apartment. Or was at the time.

Of course, the best way to get over it, is to find a new interest, person, place or thing, just something.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:18 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

man this crap sucks

I've tried the long driving thing, but I had to do tons before I got in a better mood. Yeah it keeps your mind busy (or it should, dont wanna crash) but you gotta be sure to do it in a local setting like through towns or stuff like that. Highway driving is too boring and that could make ya think about being depressed again.

The hanging out with friends is a good thing too but its so true that when its time to go home its the worst. Youre all alone and when its time to go to sleep...aw crap...you cant help but think about it.

I really dont have a cure of any kind. Theres time but sometimes time is the enemy and not your friend. You dont look forward to time off because that was the time that you would spend with your significant other but now its nothing special. But eventually it'll be ok. I'll admit that Im still not over my last gf, its been over a yr and a half but I get through the days. When its really bad (and it just was on tuesday) I cry, hell I'll admit to that, there's nothing wrong with it; youre sad.

Ya just gotta tough it out when those really bad days come along. Roll with the punches as they come and hey if you find something that really works as far as a cure, let me know; I could use it.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 04:55 PM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok yah this does suck, especially knowing that you were the one that pretty much f ked things up. But I agree with the above stated comments about finding something that you like to do and will get your mind off of things. It's a personal thing...some people like to deal with losses...of any kind...by themselves, while others like to go out and be with friends, read books, watch a lot of movies, drive, work on their car, go to the gym...whatever. But you definitely need to find that thing or couple of things that'll take your mind off of regretting what you did. Sure you'll never totally forget about what happened but, with time, your heart will heal and there will be another girl in your life that is even more special than the previous one. Everything happens for a reason...you might end up with the girl you blew it with (I don't know the circumstances so i don't know if this will happen or not) and this is just a test of your relationships. It just sucks that you have to loose a love to realize you loved the person to begin with....or to find another one then.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:45 PM   #14
NooNz

i kno this is an old topic and i haven't been on in awhile..just lots of shiet i'm goin thru....and i was figuring everything out and gettin over everything...but i guess i let myself get back into the situation i was tryin to get my azz out of....

and i know its stupid, but i have thought bout suicide....i just want these problems to go away before i have another breakdown again.....which will probably be soon.....

i definitely need some serious help.......

i need my ex back as my gf.....
Old 12-22-2002, 04:36 AM   #15
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Suicide is honestly not the answer dawg. Don't even think about it. It wont solve anything, you WILL get over it... EVERYBODY does. Life will go on, and you will find someone else to love.

Keep that in mind ok?

Serious.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 05:43 AM   #16
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by NooNz
i kno this is an old topic and i haven't been on in awhile..just lots of shiet i'm goin thru....and i was figuring everything out and gettin over everything...but i guess i let myself get back into the situation i was tryin to get my azz out of....

and i know its stupid, but i have thought bout suicide....i just want these problems to go away before i have another breakdown again.....which will probably be soon.....

i definitely need some serious help.......

i need my ex back as my gf.....

dude if your that depressed, drop me a pm or icq and i'll take you out some night. If your friends should be keeping you busy and if they're not i'd be more then happy to meet up with you.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:06 AM   #17
NooNz

i know its not the answer...but i figure it'll help stop this emotional pain and the emotional roller-coaster i've been on in the past 2 months....

i have been out wit my friends and it does help, but i'm not around them 24/7...so there are times to myself and thats when i start to think.....

lately..i've been doing a massive amount of drugs, nothing too hardcore...no k, g, acid, heroin or anything like that.......mostly weed and other stuff i've done before....its helped me out a bit....but when i'm not high..i come back to reality....then i just feel like i'm a little kid lost in this huge world....

i dunno what else to say.....thanks to all.....